Do we Do Goey?????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Do we Do Goey?????

Dunstan beats DeGoey on almost every measure over their careers, and by miles over their last 8 games. He beats all of them by some way over his last 8 - if he keeps or improves on that form he'll easily be our best draft pick since jack steven.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_ ... 1=C&fid2=C

Even more so compared to Acres

Billings is an even split reflecting they play very different roles

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

I think we underestimate Luke Dunstan and particularly the player he may become, quite a bit.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:I think we underestimate Luke Dunstan and particularly the player he may become, quite a bit.
Yeah I agree there.

Becoming more evident with each game he plays now.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Just checking on AFL Fantasy Player Average Ratings.
Luke Dunstan is ranked 9.
Seb Ross is 30.
Steven 32
Savage 43
Acres 58.
Koby at 73
no one else in top 100.

Longer 467 :shock:

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

A solid start today

Looks a footballer before and athlete which I like

Would do well go get him..

#1 Ryder fan
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Whatever happened to that Jayden Laverde flog?

St. Paul
Club Player

Struggling, Con. Injuries and attitude. Thank goodness they refused to trade him to us. Elshaug was extremely keen on him. Happy to give up an early pick for him. Looks like we dodged a bullet there.

"For when I am powerless, then I am strong."
takeaway
Club Player

St. Paul wrote:Struggling, Con. Injuries and attitude. Thank goodness they refused to trade him to us. Elshaug was extremely keen on him. Happy to give up an early pick for him. Looks like we dodged a bullet there.
St P you seem to know a bit about the opinions of Elshaug & Co - were you ever in the recruiting game?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

No to Do Goey.

St. Paul
Club Player

takeaway wrote:
St. Paul wrote:Struggling, Con. Injuries and attitude. Thank goodness they refused to trade him to us. Elshaug was extremely keen on him. Happy to give up an early pick for him. Looks like we dodged a bullet there.
St P you seem to know a bit about the opinions of Elshaug & Co - were you ever in the recruiting game?
It was common knowledge at the time, takeaway. It was widely reported in the media that we were, firstly in drafting him, but the dopers got him with a pick just before us. We had another crack two years later. Again, reported in the media, with Elshaug stating he'd like to get him. Typically, the dopers wanted too much and it didn't go ahead.

A mention of Elshaug and you claim I know a lot about his opinions. How odd. Plenty on here have mentioned him, but you haven't passed comment on them. A very, very long bow to draw in my case. I just pay attention to what's in the media about the saints. Do the same and I'm sure your footy knowledge will improve.

In order to still your beating heart, the answer to your inquiry is, unfortunately, no. From the week or so I've been on here, I've formed the impression you're a bit of a baiter. in fact, I reckon you're a master of the art. :mrgreen:

stonecold
SS Life Member

takeaway wrote:

My Intel tells me he worked for Bevo!!!!! Haha!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

St. Paul wrote:
It was common knowledge at the time, takeaway. It was widely reported in the media that we were, firstly in drafting him, but the dopers got him with a pick just before us. We had another crack two years later. Again, reported in the media, with Elshaug stating he'd like to get him. Typically, the dopers wanted too much and it didn't go ahead.
I would agree that these 2 points were widely reported at the time... I can't speak to specifically Elshaug saying he wanted him, but the club was very keen and at least 1 insider here reported we made a play

takeaway
Club Player

St. Paul wrote:
takeaway wrote:

A mention of Elshaug and you claim I know a lot about his opinions. How odd. Plenty on here have mentioned him, but you haven't passed comment on them. A very, very long bow to draw in my case. I just pay attention to what's in the media about the saints. Do the same and I'm sure your footy knowledge will improve.

In order to still your beating heart, the answer to your inquiry is, unfortunately, no. From the week or so I've been on here, I've formed the impression you're a bit of a baiter. in fact, I reckon you're a master of the art. :mrgreen:
I can recall quite a few posters mentioning Elshaug, quite a bit and especially negatively, but I think most are now ex posters. I thought you may have had similar experience in regards to recruitment. I guess not.
I rarely take much notice of what's in the media about the Saints, as it is usually inaccurate. Prefer first hand knowledge.

jaxons
Club Player

saynta wrote:No to Do Goey.
On what basis?
A star in the making.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

I think De Gooey is what we need.
Somebody with a lot of self-belief and willing to take the game on.
Someone arrogant, who wants to win at all costs, and won't back down.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

He won't leave Pies.
I think that was just a marketing stunt to take the pressure of us.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

De Goey is not what the Saints need. He is much, much , much more trouble than people realise.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Great football potential

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:De Goey is not what the Saints need. He is much, much , much more trouble than people realise.
How would you know?
More whispers?

Let's just good little boys from good little families whose mummys can cook a nice little dinner for Alan and Trout.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:De Goey is not what the Saints need. He is much, much , much more trouble than people realise.
What sort of things?

St. Paul
Club Player

stonecold wrote:
takeaway wrote:

My Intel tells me he worked for Bevo!!!!! Haha!!!!!
I've never worked for Bevo, or the saints. Wrong again, as per usual. You need better Intel, then again, it's not hard to make shyte up and claim you're ITK. I must say, you're good at that. You're on my ignore list now, so I don't have to read your drivel. As I said, I won't be responding to you anymore. All the best...........

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Trout and Richo have the Melbourne disease.
Remember when Melbourne picked Trengove ahead of Dustin. Hilarious.
I remember them banging on about what a great kid Trengove was. Great character. Great family.
Hilarity.

minneapolis
Club Player

It is pretty obvious that his manager is using the rumour of De Goey to the Saints to up his final price to Collingwood.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
DJ Higgins
Club Player

minneapolis wrote:It is pretty obvious that his manager is using the rumour of De Goey to the Saints to up his final price to Collingwood.
agree. He won't go and we are just upping his cost if at all. Long season to go.

stonecold
SS Life Member

takeaway wrote:
St. Paul wrote:
takeaway wrote:

I can recall quite a few posters mentioning Elshaug, quite a bit and especially negatively, but I think most are now ex posters. I thought you may have had similar experience in regards to recruitment. I guess not.
I rarely take much notice of what's in the media about the Saints, as it is usually inaccurate. Prefer first hand knowledge.
I actually thought Brother St.Paul was a former poster reincarnated whom had claimed to work for Bevo in the past. Obviously not, going by he's/her response to my question and the fact they have now blocked me. My mistake apparently, so he/she has not working in recruiting at all, but has very strong uneducated opinions on the subject, interesting!!!!!

Anyway, so he/she is not DH, at least we know that now!!!!!

Pretty sad that a new poster would tag you a baiter then, based on being a forum member for just a week!!!!!
Last edited by stonecold on Thu 26 Apr 2018 10:07am, edited 1 time in total.

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯