So much Richo hate.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: So much Richo hate.

Teflon wrote:Richo ought to go think we know that but let's be real the problems run deeper than sack the coach
We seriously lack cattle - how long have many of us here been calling for us to recruit a midfield as priority?? But nup, HBFs galore and a forward whose got rubber band hands, no tank and diabetes at No 1 drat pick...

So the club tells us we are top 4 material?? A destination club for FAs? STOP the nonsense some on here knew 12 months ago a cliff was coming - not because we're Nostradamus but because the papering over crack poor decisions simply at some stage HAD to come back to bite us and here they are......so what does the club do?? Extend an underperforming coach

All coaches need to go
Recruiters too
Full footy club review and after 5 years of strategic failure at the right time Summers might want to hang them up
We and Melbourne are the official last of the cellar dwellers to rise and win a flag and I reckon Dees are well ahead

Say what you like about Ross Lyon but the ONLY time in the modern era where we were clearly a feared, united outfit was under him - 19 in a row, sure game day players fail to executute (I still have nightmares of Schneider inside the goal square in 09 frigging missing!!) but it happens....

We are in a real mess and tbh I really don't honestly know the way out - list has more holes than Swiss cheese, coaching group is amateur anda board in denial
Hard to follow this club at times..
Good post. Agree at least Richo, Elshaug should go.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I watched the Geelong game again last night.
My god. The Richo hate is justified.
Worst coaching performance of all time.
We had all our players spread out where the ball wasn't then we would bomb to a fwd line with four tall cats and Jack Lonie.
Just disastrous stuff. Couldn't have made their life more easy. We made Tom Stewart look like as superman.
Riewoldt was scathing in the commentary box.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:I watched the Geelong game again last night.
We had all our players spread out where the ball wasn't then we would bomb to a fwd line with four tall cats and Jack Lonie.
Just disastrous stuff. Couldn't have made their life more easy. We made Tom Stewart look like as superman.
Players need to learn positioning and defending structures before they can learn to attack Con, you have to remember, for a very long time now, our forward structure has mostly revolved around the movements of one great champion.

They will flick the switch soon, once the current playing group have a better understanding, who knows, may even happen tomorrow!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
elizabethr
Club Player

Richardson lies..he states he rewards VFL form but actually doesn't.
He continues to gift games to his cronies!
Moral non-existent.

nothing to say
stonecold
SS Life Member

elizabethr wrote:Richardson lies..he states he rewards VFL form but actually doesn't.
He continues to gift games to his cronies!
Moral non-existent.

Who are he's Cronies Thin Lizzy?????

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
portosaint
Club Player

Yep.

We had an extremely inexperienced forward line, but our scores simply come down to the coaches. I agree it was some of the worst coaching I have ever seen. Its painful listening to Roo and the others state the obvious for a full match.

Was a perfect opportunity to give Paddy and Rowan a chance against a pretty weak defense. And he blew it

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
Players need to learn positioning and defending structures before they can learn to attack Con, you have to remember, for a very long time now, our forward structure has mostly revolved around the movements of one great champion.

They will flick the switch soon, once the current playing group have a better understanding, who knows, may even happen tomorrow!!!!!
But we didn't defend anything.
You are seriously dreaming.
We have coughed up 400 points this season.
If you think the coach isn't trying to win games and this is part of some long term master strategy you are drunk on Kool Aid.
This is a bloke sitting on 37% win rate and approaching his 100th game.
He wants to win.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I'm glad I wasn't Lonie in that game- feel a bit sorry for him. He should really be small crumbing forward at the feet of his forwards, instead he had to compete with tall backs in unwinnable contests for him. Maybe he would have had more impact if our mate up in the coaching box had have set up the forward line better, and had some kind of plan as to how the ball is moved into the forward line, as there was no evidence of any system once it got over the centre line. Gives me no confidence about what is going to happen against GWS.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

The only way out of this is to use this year as a development year and at seasons end if Richo wont resign. Move him across into a player development manager role and replace him with a new coach.

If it means moving on dead wood like Sexton etc in the football dept then all the better.