So much Richo hate.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Re: So much Richo hate.

st.byron wrote:
saynta wrote: I think events over the next few days will prove how wrong you are. I am sure that the players are backing Richo but not one or more of the assistants.

Maybe some of them have had too much of a say.
Certainly hope you’re right and that makes things improve. Couldn’t be looking much worse. At this point we are firmly pencilled in for a bottom 3 finish when we are supposed to be challenging for top 4. Players don’t appear to be backing Richo. Looks to me like he’s lost them. There are some quality players, but they’re all playing like a bunch of nuff-nuffs. And nuff-nuffs suck.
I for one never had us challenging for a top 4 - at best, I was bottom half of the 8 (hopefully). But I guess you're referring to the much vaunted strategic plan. I do agree however that either the coach's game plan is unworkable and the players can't execute it; or the players simply don't want to play it and are instead rolling out a cocktail of that and their own instinctual gameplan (which in times of crisis tends to roll around self-preservation.

Either way - there's a real stink about what's transpired out of Moorabbin in the first month ...

Go you red, black & white warriors
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote:
st.byron wrote:
saynta wrote: I think events over the next few days will prove how wrong you are. I am sure that the players are backing Richo but not one or more of the assistants.

Maybe some of them have had too much of a say.
Certainly hope you’re right and that makes things improve. Couldn’t be looking much worse. At this point we are firmly pencilled in for a bottom 3 finish when we are supposed to be challenging for top 4. Players don’t appear to be backing Richo. Looks to me like he’s lost them. There are some quality players, but they’re all playing like a bunch of nuff-nuffs. And nuff-nuffs suck.
I for one never had us challenging for a top 4 - at best, I was bottom half of the 8 (hopefully). But I guess you're referring to the much vaunted strategic plan. I do agree however that either the coach's game plan is unworkable and the players can't execute it; or the players simply don't want to play it and are instead rolling out a cocktail of that and their own instinctual gameplan (which in times of crisis tends to roll around self-preservation.

Either way - there's a real stink about what's transpired out of Moorabbin in the first month ...

Yep I was referring to the strategic plan. Good point I reckon about self-preservation in times of crisis or high pressure. Even during the GF last year, there were Crows players, when things started to not go their way, who concede they stopped playing a team game. When things are tough, team unity will crack unless the team is a really solid unit. Looks to me like our blokes are not switched on as a team. A bunch of individuals not acting cohesively. No unity or clarity of purpose and focus. That comes down to their level of buy-in to what the coach is offering.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:
stonecold wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:Can posters stop calling Richo The Milky Bar Kid (TMBK). How old are some of you? :) Seriously...you sound like Huggin's acolytes and we all know where he has ended up.
Yeah, pretty sad, if you don't like the coach that's fine, but to refer to him as that is pretty low!!!!!
I think the worst thing I've seen is when people accused Richo of hiding behind that poor kid in the after match press conference post the Good Friday Appeal game. Can people get any lower.

On this forum? Yes of course they can, and will. Just give them time.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

saynta wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:
stonecold wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:Can posters stop calling Richo The Milky Bar Kid (TMBK). How old are some of you? :) Seriously...you sound like Huggin's acolytes and we all know where he has ended up.
Yeah, pretty sad, if you don't like the coach that's fine, but to refer to him as that is pretty low!!!!!
I think the worst thing I've seen is when people accused Richo of hiding behind that poor kid in the after match press conference post the Good Friday Appeal game. Can people get any lower.

On this forum? Yes of course they can, and will. Just give them time.
http://m.saints.com.au/video/2018-03-30 ... richardson

Yep. Here is the vid before. Apparantly Richo hid behind this poor kid after the shocker against North.

It was obviously pre-planned to get the poor little fella behind the mic win, lose or draw post match and give him a boost post surgery.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
portosaint
Club Player

Definitely a pre-meditaded decision that was. Would have been awfully cruel to tell the young fella his big day was cut short.

Some things are just bigger than footy

happy feet
Club Player

Yes, I think the practice of calling Alan Richardson the Milky Bar Kid needs to cease. It is puerile and totally disrespectful. For those who like to engage in name calling from the anonymity of a pseudonym on a forum, I ask whether you would have the courage to call the coach this name to his face. Somehow I think not.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

happy feet wrote:Yes, I think the practice of calling Alan Richardson the Milky Bar Kid needs to cease. It is puerile and totally disrespectful. For those who like to engage in name calling from the anonymity of a pseudonym on a forum, I ask whether you would have the courage to call the coach this name to his face. Somehow I think not.
I will be at the Captain's Run in Perth for Rd 8,
and I will call him TMBK to his face.
Won't be fussed at all.
Will also call him Mr Fairy Dust n Rainbows.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Wow man.

You're hard as nails on the interwebz.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
happy feet wrote:Yes, I think the practice of calling Alan Richardson the Milky Bar Kid needs to cease. It is puerile and totally disrespectful. For those who like to engage in name calling from the anonymity of a pseudonym on a forum, I ask whether you would have the courage to call the coach this name to his face. Somehow I think not.
Won't be fussed at all.
pics or it never happened.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
happy feet
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote:
Won't be fussed at all.
Willard Saint, you're not very bright aren't you. Look up the words puerile and disrespectful in the dictionary. Then if you understand them, ask yourself how you like to be treated by others. Also ask yourself how much you will enjoy being ridiculed in the media and social media. Your obviously a legend in your own lunch box.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
happy feet
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote:
Won't be fussed at all.
Willard Saint, you're not very bright aren't you. Look up the words puerile and disrespectful in the dictionary. Then if you understand them, ask yourself how you like to be treated by others. Also ask yourself how much you will enjoy being ridiculed in the media and social media. Your obviously a legend in your own lunch box.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

WellardSaint wrote:
Won't be fussed at all.
Take the down the avatar of the spitfire. You don't even deserve to display such a fine machine flown by true wartiors and heroes. You do it injustice WillyWonkaSaint.

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
philtee
Club Player

It's more like the P51 Mustang and the ME262.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

philtee wrote:It's more like the P51 Mustang and the ME262.
Lol. Good pickup. Bit hard to see on the mobile.

congorozides
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote:
philtee wrote:It's more like the P51 Mustang and the ME262.
Lol. Good pickup. Bit hard to see on the mobile.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
Won't be fussed at all.

Hope you have a mouth guard.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Don't go crook at Richo the person- it's just that he is not impressing many as a coach. He obviously has a lot to offer in football, but senior AFL is not one where he excels. If people want to rant and go crook- just point it at the president and board..they drive and direct the club.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Don't go crook at Richo the person- it's just that he is not impressing many as a coach. He obviously has a lot to offer in football, but senior AFL is not one where he excels. If people want to rant and go crook- just point it at the president and board..they drive and direct the club.
Agree with you that he’s probably a lovely bloke. Don’t think anyone is having a crack at him as a human. As coach though, he is primarily responsible for driving the culture and performance of the team. The buck stops with him. So far this year we have been dismally disappointing. So fair enough that people are questioning whether he’s up to it. He’s not in his first or second year. Year five of a strategic plan and at this point sfa to show for it and a team that is going backwards. If after five years the players don’t have a clear and effective game plan and aren’t playing with any heart or purpose, then when?And his media appearances do nothing to assuage the doubts.

stonecold
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote:
spert wrote:Don't go crook at Richo the person- it's just that he is not impressing many as a coach. He obviously has a lot to offer in football, but senior AFL is not one where he excels. If people want to rant and go crook- just point it at the president and board..they drive and direct the club.
Agree with you that he’s probably a lovely bloke. Don’t think anyone is having a crack at him as a human. As coach though, he is primarily responsible for driving the culture and performance of the team. The buck stops with him. So far this year we have been dismally disappointing. So fair enough that people are questioning whether he’s up to it. He’s not in his first or second year. Year five of a strategic plan and at this point sfa to show for it and a team that is going backwards. If after five years the players don’t have a clear and effective game plan and aren’t playing with any heart or purpose, then when?And his media appearances do nothing to assuage the doubts.
Calling him The Milky Bar Kid, is not having a crack at him as a person?????

Really?????

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
spert
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
st.byron wrote:

Really?????
Surely he is the milky bar man, not kid?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
st.byron wrote:

Really?????
Not in my book. To me, it’s a reference to his ‘positive’ and ‘pleasing’ persona whilst the ship is clearly sinking. “We’re just going to park that dismal performance and with a tweak or two everything is on track”. There’s also a certain earnestness in his presentation that I can’t imagine inspires or engages players. I first noticed it a few years ago watching videos showing him telling players they were going to make their debut. Kind of like an awkward parent and it made me uncomfortable then but we seemed to be on a upward development curve so I ignored it.

St. Paul
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
stonecold wrote:
st.byron wrote:

Really?????
Not in my book. To me, it’s a reference to his ‘positive’ and ‘pleasing’ persona whilst the ship is clearly sinking. “We’re just going to park that dismal performance and with a tweak or two everything is on track”. There’s also a certain earnestness in his presentation that I can’t imagine inspires or engages players. I first noticed it a few years ago watching videos showing him telling players they were going to make their debut. Kind of like an awkward parent and it made me uncomfortable then but we seemed to be on a upward development curve so I ignored it.
I don't think it's a crack at him as a person. He seems a pretty decent guy. That's his reputation in the industry. I took it to be a crack at his bland style. A bit like a milky bar's taste. Anyway, better to drop it. Let's stick with plain old Richo. (And yes, if anything he should be the Milky Bar Man!) :D

"For when I am powerless, then I am strong."
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Please, 24 hours later and this thread is still debating whether TMBK is a nasty nickname.

Yes, it's not a nice name and a perhaps a little childish, but the sheer brutality that is the business of the AFL, he could be called a LOT worse.

Even if Richo knew of this nick, I'm sure right now it's the least of his worries.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote:Please, 24 hours later and this thread is still debating whether TMBK is a nasty nickname.

Yes, it's not a nice name and a perhaps a little childish, but the sheer brutality that is the business of the AFL, he could be called a LOT worse.

Even if Richo knew of this nick, I'm sure right now it's the least of his worries.
Maybe he would like to be known as Cherry Ripe or Picnic.
I think at the moment it would be more like a Flake or Crunchie time
But he needs a Time Out and a Boost.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Richo ought to go think we know that but let's be real the problems run deeper than sack the coach
We seriously lack cattle - how long have many of us here been calling for us to recruit a midfield as priority?? But nup, HBFs galore and a forward whose got rubber band hands, no tank and diabetes at No 1 drat pick...

So the club tells us we are top 4 material?? A destination club for FAs? STOP the nonsense some on here knew 12 months ago a cliff was coming - not because we're Nostradamus but because the papering over crack poor decisions simply at some stage HAD to come back to bite us and here they are......so what does the club do?? Extend an underperforming coach

All coaches need to go
Recruiters too
Full footy club review and after 5 years of strategic failure at the right time Summers might want to hang them up
We and Melbourne are the official last of the cellar dwellers to rise and win a flag and I reckon Dees are well ahead

Say what you like about Ross Lyon but the ONLY time in the modern era where we were clearly a feared, united outfit was under him - 19 in a row, sure game day players fail to executute (I still have nightmares of Schneider inside the goal square in 09 frigging missing!!) but it happens....

We are in a real mess and tbh I really don't honestly know the way out - list has more holes than Swiss cheese, coaching group is amateur anda board in denial
Hard to follow this club at times..

“Yeah….nah””