So much Richo hate.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Re: So much Richo hate.

SydneySainter wrote:Carlisle is worthy of debate if you were to compare him to Alex Rance, but for a second do you really think we can compare Ross, Acres and Bruce with Martin, Cotchin and J Riewoldt.
Interesting the comparison to Richmond.

Richmond have Martin, Cotchin, Rance & Riewoldt. Caddy is a solid citizen, but then their List really falls away.

barneyboyz
Club Player

SydneySainter wrote:
degruch wrote:
Viking3 wrote:How many times did they call for Damien Hardwick's head? Quite a few times that I can recall, but the RFC board stuck firm.
Look at him now.
The Messiah!!
Yes...funny that...at his worst he was producing just as diabolical results, and for a longer period of time. Interesting that they should eventually fall into the finals (like a monkey on a typewriter churning out prose) over consecutive years, win nothing, and in blind desperation sign him up for an extension...almost sounds familiar. At the time you could hear the Tigers supporters whining from the outer reaches of the solar system.
Even at their worse, they still had Jack Riewoldt, Trent Cotchin, Alex Rance and Dustin Martin about to hit his prime. Name anyone on our list who is comparable.

Apples and Oranges.
Well, there could be any number of the likes of those on our list, maybe they just haven't made it yet. Yes we don't the experience of those as yet.

Get a Mal Brown type as head of coaching, and some different support in coaching, then we'll see

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
barneyboyz
Club Player

SydneySainter wrote:
degruch wrote:
Viking3 wrote:How many times did they call for Damien Hardwick's head? Quite a few times that I can recall, but the RFC board stuck firm.
Look at him now.
The Messiah!!
Yes...funny that...at his worst he was producing just as diabolical results, and for a longer period of time. Interesting that they should eventually fall into the finals (like a monkey on a typewriter churning out prose) over consecutive years, win nothing, and in blind desperation sign him up for an extension...almost sounds familiar. At the time you could hear the Tigers supporters whining from the outer reaches of the solar system.
Even at their worse, they still had Jack Riewoldt, Trent Cotchin, Alex Rance and Dustin Martin about to hit his prime. Name anyone on our list who is comparable.

Apples and Oranges.
Well, there could be any number of the likes of those on our list, maybe they just haven't made it yet. Yes we don't the experience of those as yet.

Get a Mal Brown type as head of coaching, and some different support in coaching, then we'll see

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
degruch
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote:
degruch wrote:
Look at him now.
The Messiah!!

Apples and Oranges.
So, his contract extension was not based on performance, but based on the fact he had 4 decent players on an otherwise pretty ordinary list? Oranges and pears.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

On 2017 form?

Yes I reckon you could compare Ross to Cotchin.

We don't really have a comparison to the lesser Riewoldt.

And no one has a comparison to Martin.

Acres however, is the most talented geezer on our list.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote:
degruch wrote:
Look at him now.
The Messiah!!

Apples and Oranges.
That's not correct. That is hindsight logic.
Back in 2011 and 2012 Cotchin, Martin, Riewoldt and Rance weren't that good.
They became stars under Hardwick.
They didn't walk in to the comp as stars. They developed.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

I persinally think Richo is a ripper bloke.
Genuinely good man with good values and a mature and honest way of being.
Unfortunately I think he is the perfect assistant coach, to a more charasmatic hardass type main coach.

I reckon Sam Mitchell in a couple of years will be a great coach.

Nee!
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

bigred wrote:On 2017 form?

Agreed, Acres could be a superstar in the making.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:
SydneySainter wrote:Carlisle is worthy of debate if you were to compare him to Alex Rance, but for a second do you really think we can compare Ross, Acres and Bruce with Martin, Cotchin and J Riewoldt.
Interesting the comparison to Richmond.

Richmond have Martin, Cotchin, Rance & Riewoldt. Caddy is a solid citizen, but then their List really falls away.
You seriously have no idea.
You have obviously never watched them play.
You just named players you have heard of.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Vent time

I can't believe that this is a surprise. Saints fans are fed up with getting smashed time and time again. And a lot of that goes to the coach. Richo's win loss ratio is below 50 %. OK the first 2 years were bad but what are the excuses for last year or this year. Last year it was 50 % even and this year it is currently at 25% and will decrease each week for the next month based on what we are watching. And when I say less then 50% we are talking 37%. The only thing worse than this stat is our shots at goal.

The shots at goal are still terrible. 7.14 and some shots missed everything. Less than one out of 3. How? It was so bad that it gave both me and Roberton's heart palpitations.

And why did he not tell the players. STOP THE F%&KING LONG BOMBS. Gary Lyon and Roo were having a field day with it on their commentary. Here we go again; what do you think St Kilda will do now, I am thinking a long bomb. Where is the game plan, where is the adapting to the opposition, where Richo, where. Where is the development in our young guys, most have gone backwards so enjoy Coffield now before Richo gets his hooks into him . Why would anyone come to play for us so forget Free agents at year end as no-one will come. Why would they? The coach? The winning Ratio?

I upped my membership this year as I support my team by turning up to each Melbourne game (can't afford interstate trips) and now I get to watch us suck up close. I am fed up with the garbage we trot out week after week after week. Sure we will fluke wins later on or have one game where everything clicks but they are so far and few between and will mean nothing at year's end

And the absolute worst, most baffling, any more special you'd have to wear a helmet in public thing is we have three more years of this to look forward to. Richo is here until August 2020 that is 28 more months of this garbage.

No wonder why I drink, and now a lot more than usual.
Last edited by DJ Higgins on Mon 16 Apr 2018 2:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote:
bigred wrote:On 2017 form?

Agreed, Acres could be a superstar in the making.
So much over rating of Acres by our fans, just like Gresh and Sinclair. The potential of a footy player isn't simply some latent talent we think we see, but a totality of skill, application, desire, strength, agility, reaction, coordination, speed, bravery, intelligence, and most important of all - performance. From all i've seen these three are B grade potential. I'll take Dunstan over all of them on desire and application alone.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Watters was hated because so called ITKs started bagging him off. The fans just went along with it.
Still to this day we have never been told what was actually wrong with Watters except he upset Roo and Joey.
He lost the players (not just Roo & Joey) in spectacular fashion, that's what happened. What do you reckon Dwarf Gate was all about?

Incredible, you are merciless on Richardson and now you hint that Watters was hard done by and blame Riewoldt & Montagna. Yeah, after Lyon (who you don't rate), I'm sure they were real impressed with Watters.
You would know.
The great club insider.
The great club apologist.
What is the inside scoop?
You tell us. You are in the with club.
Us plebs have no idea.
Tell us again how those inside the club are a font of wisdom. That everything is going to plan. Under control.
That the JLT was menaingless.
Tell us oh wise inside sage.
Arent you going to name names?
Yeah, the JLT is utterly meaningless. Carlton undefeated, aside from us they beat Hawthorn, yet they are easily the worst team in the comp.

When the players engaged Dwarfs as Doorman at their Mad Monday, who do you think they were taking the piss out of? A real mark of respect for their Coach!

Again, you create nonsense to sustain an argument, I have never claimed to be an insider, I know no one at the Club.

Apologist? No, I'm just not a shrill panic merchant with no perspective.

One has to wonder whether you might be a bitter and twisted Scott Watters.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Watters was hated because so called ITKs started bagging him off. The fans just went along with it.
Still to this day we have never been told what was actually wrong with Watters except he upset Roo and Joey.
He lost the players (not just Roo & Joey) in spectacular fashion, that's what happened. What do you reckon Dwarf Gate was all about?

Incredible, you are merciless on Richardson and now you hint that Watters was hard done by and blame Riewoldt & Montagna. Yeah, after Lyon (who you don't rate), I'm sure they were real impressed with Watters.
You would know.
The great club insider.
The great club apologist.
What is the inside scoop?
You tell us. You are in the with club.
Us plebs have no idea.
Tell us again how those inside the club are a font of wisdom. That everything is going to plan. Under control.
That the JLT was menaingless.
Tell us oh wise inside sage.
Arent you going to name names?
Yeah, the JLT is utterly meaningless. Carlton undefeated, aside from us they beat Hawthorn, yet they are easily the worst team in the comp.

When the players engaged Dwarfs as Doorman at their Mad Monday, who do you think they were taking the piss out of? A real mark of respect for their Coach!

Again, you create nonsense to sustain an argument, I have never claimed to be an insider, I know no one at the Club.

Apologist? No, I'm just not a shrill panic merchant with no perspective.

One has to wonder whether you might be a bitter and twisted Scott Watters.
Perspective?

You said we were going to turn it on once the real stuff started.
Reality and perspective are exactly what you lack.
You are a fantasist who wants to be an ITK.
You love using the word shrill to attack others because you think have a steady head.
You don't.
You are just easily brainwashed, gullible and delusional.
You ignore reality and facts.
Nobody gives a flying s*** about Watters. Stop deflecting. The things you mention are childish. The dwarf stuff is childish. Nobody cares.

We have kicked 19.40 in the last three weeks.

Seriously wake up.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

You and Parkey were out there peddling hope and rubbish during the March membership season.
Pushing the marketing department line.
The marketing department is not the club.
Ur not a loyal supporter.
Ur a snake oil salesmen.

Drake Huggins
Club Player

Porkey is right and has the moderators on here on side. I will not hear that he is criticised for fear of being banned. He knows everything about the saints and is beyond reproach. Criticise at your own peril. Simon lurks, waiting to slam you for daring to dissent the mighty Porkey.
Last edited by Drake Huggins on Mon 16 Apr 2018 3:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Is that you Scotty?

Where ya been knackers?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:I persinally think Richo is a ripper bloke.
Genuinely good man with good values and a mature and honest way of being.
Unfortunately I think he is the perfect assistant coach, to a more charasmatic hardass type main coach.

I reckon Sam Mitchell in a couple of years will be a great coach.
I think we all agree he’s a good bloke. Not many arguments about that facit

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

degruch wrote:
Look at him now.
The Messiah!!
Indeed, they were absolute chokers and looked completely bereft in Finals.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:You and Parkey were out there peddling hope and rubbish during the March membership season.
Ur a snake oil salesmen.
Are you actually accusing me and Parkey of tricking you into buying a membership? That's if you are a member.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Linton Lodger wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:You and Parkey were out there peddling hope and rubbish during the March membership season.
Ur a snake oil salesmen.
Are you actually accusing me and Parkey of tricking you into buying a membership? That's if you are a member.
LL. Its not even worth responding to the idiots BS anymore. I simply don't care or can't be bothered. Have you noticed that all they ever do is post negative and personal attacks on posters on SS.net, players, coaches, administrators, the club, etc. that don't/doesn't fit their line of thinking on anything. No wonder the mods get the s***s with them at times.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Richo could have the best game plan on the planet but if the players can't execute basic skills then it means nothing.
Kicking the ball out on the full with no pressure.
Missing set shots from 30-40m out with no angle.
Missing targets by hand and foot.
Tackles not sticking.

Can't do anything exceptional if we can't execute the basics.

Is that all the coaches fault?

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

DJ Higgins wrote:Vent time

I can't believe that this is a surprise. Saints fans are fed up with getting smashed time and time again. And a lot of that goes to the coach. Richo's win loss ratio is below 50 %. OK the first 2 years were bad but what are the excuses for last year or this year. Last year it was 50 % even and this year it is currently at 25% and will decrease each week for the next month based on what we are watching. And when I say less then 50% we are talking 37%. The only thing worse than this stat is our shots at goal.

The shots at goal are still terrible. 7.14 and some shots missed everything. Less than one out of 3. How? It was so bad that it gave both me and Roberton's heart palpitations.

And why did he not tell the players. STOP THE F%&KING LONG BOMBS. Gary Lyon and Roo were having a field day with it on their commentary. Here we go again; what do you think St Kilda will do now, I am thinking a long bomb. Where is the game plan, where is the adapting to the opposition, where Richo, where. Where is the development in our young guys, most have gone backwards so enjoy Coffield now before Richo gets his hooks into him . Why would anyone come to play for us so forget Free agents at year end as no-one will come. Why would they? The coach? The winning Ratio?

I upped my membership this year as I support my team by turning up to each Melbourne game (can't afford interstate trips) and now I get to watch us suck up close. I am fed up with the garbage we trot out week after week after week. Sure we will fluke wins later on or have one game where everything clicks but they are so far and few between and will mean nothing at year's end

And the absolute worst, most baffling, any more special you'd have to wear a helmet in public thing is we have three more years of this to look forward to. Richo is here until August 2020 that is 28 more months of this garbage.

No wonder why I drink, and now a lot more than usual.
F**k me, Drake, to allay one of your fears. Do you honestly believe that if this continues for another year or two, Richo will see out his contract? No bloody way.

Try and visualise this continuing into 2019/2020 and Richo still been the Coach. You cannot, it simply won't happen. In fact if it continues for the rest of this year, I'm sure there will be dramatic changes at season's end.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Ok, not hate just incomprehension about what is happening. If you were paid to coach to loose what would you do different. Possibly a lot of bad luck? Webster, Membrey and Bruce have undiagnosed back injuries but play and can't catch a cold. Billy gets an accidental nut crusher; North's best Brown happens to be opposed by Saints worst Brown and kicks 6 - game set match. Poor Dylan Roberton has undiagnosed heart irregularity and falls over during game, in same game Billings of all people takes out Marshall who is looking dangerous - playing 2 down. No on field leadership, although Dunstan may develop. Selection committee looked in rear mirror and chose Armo over Dunstan early, wrong coin toss. Really bad luck, the coaches bought in to the idea that having the forwards play outside 50 metre attacking arc was a good idea and want to give it a chance to bed down. Freeman's chronic hammy. Savage is a gay deceiver. All of this will take a while to wash through but one might expect a recalibration of KPIs e.g. lets just try to win a quarter, any quarter and not lose quarters by three goals or more. Richo decides the delegation to assistants has gone too far and he needs to be far more hands on. Develop a full back. Find a four leaf clover, avoid ladders and lack cats. Can you feel the empathy Alan, we want to help...

stonecold
SS Life Member

Ur a snake oil salesmen.
So, how and when did I become one Con?????

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Moods
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:Truth is. We mere supporters will never know if Richo is the main problem at the moment relating to the Saints poor form. Its probably a combination of alot of things so lets be truthful and honest about it. I still always reckon the majority of the blame has to lie with the players this year. Their skills, inside 50's and goal kicking is deplorable and its snuffing out any chance of getting a victory at the moment. I have no doubt the coaches and players are busting to change things, but for whatever reason its not clicking at the moment. Something isn't right.

If only we could be a fly on the wall of the inner sanctum for a week!

I just ignore the rabid and insidious Richo hate. Its pointless at the moment and counter productive. We should judge the coaching team at the end of season unless we are 1-10 or 1-15 or something silly like that during the season.

I couldn't disagree more. If the stats (as you have shown in previous posts) indicate that we are breaking even or winning most of them what does this say? It says structurally we are setting up terribly so we have NOWHERE to kick the bloody thing. That is the coach purely and simply. Starting with an extra in the backline is fine, but if we can't release that player to effective and the opposition are STILL walking into open goals, whose fault is that?? Every time we go fwd Paddy is competing with 2-3 players. Now I know that Paddy is no Roo and never will be. Roo could get separation on his opponent through work rate and speed, something paddy has neither of right now. However even when we win the Centre clearances we still bombed it on his head with the extra number. The frustration in Roo's voice during special comments was palpable.

How can it be after 5 pre seasons that Jack Billings still can't stick a tackle or kick consistently for goals or even kick consistently around the ground? How is it that Jack Newnes runs into open goals from 40-50m out with minimal pressure and still sprays the ball?? Is Jack Newnes really the best we have to offer? He is a below average AFL footballer and he's over 100 games into his career. Where is the f****** development for f**** sake!!! Why are these guys still crap? Mav Weller can't even get a game. Neither could Gilbo before this week. These were guys in our leadership group 2 years earlier. Weller should be in his prime. Seb Ross should be entering his prime. Last year he actually looked almost fast and in the early rounds his left foot was like a laser. Now he just slams the ball on his foot. THat's because he has no-one to kick to... Richo was brought in on the back of his supposed record of developing players. I've never seen a group look so under developed. And on that. we look weak in the contest on the ground and in the air. How many easy uncontested marks did the Cats take in packs yesterday. We couldn't even create a contest. That's because physically we are pissweak. What chance do we have when we pick Lonie, Sinclair, Billings and Gresham in the one team?? These guys are midgets and are physically weak. Look at the Hawks. Their midgets are Puopolo and Rioli. Both electric fast, both in foot and in mind. Great skills. Tough!! And bloody strong!! Foot speed is about the only thing our 4 little guys are comparable in (and I still reckon we're slower than the Hawks duo) All 4 of these guys should be laying a minimum of 5 tackles a week each. They have the speed to pressure, then use it!!

We need to face facts. We are a bottom 3 team. Only the blues and the Lions are comparable with us. People keep saying we are better than this. Are we? On what proof? Because we beat Richmond last year and the GWS? So what? Each of those games Roo and Joey played and both played bloody well. Roo in particular has shown that he carried this team for too long. Without him we are rudderless. Completely impotent moving the ball fwd. So much so we are a laughing stock of the competition.

I have never called for a coach's head while following footy (and I've followed some crap teams, trust me. I followed the Roys in their darkest days and knew that the coach could only do so much with the reserve grade players at his disposal. But Richo simply HAS to go. He's had 5 years and he has failed miserably.