Oh The Good Old Days

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SAINTMAN66
Club Player

Oh The Good Old Days

Now allow me to reminisce about the good old days....

The days where I used to travel from Bairnsdale, at 6.00am, on the train to Ye Olde Spencer Street.. Then onto Moorabbbin for A quiet day of smacking the Grandstand Wall behind the Official Cheer Squad.... Where I also had the rendition of the greatest song ever made blaring through my giant tape deck. Now, these were the days of 81-82 where if we had 1 win for the year we celebrated like no tomorrow.... Well, ok, maybe a tad over exaggerated we could of had 2or 3.

Now, my old memory unfortunately I can't remember the names of the diehards who sat with me in the grandstand, but geez we even had the cheer squad wanting more.

Even after a heavy loss, and there were plenty, I still had a day out to remember, and getting home about 11.00 at night twas all worth it.

Now days my footy is on the Goggle Box living in Brissy (when the good wife lets me)

Yes it's nasty seeing what the side is dishing up at the moment ..can it get better? maybe... will it get worse? probably... but don't give up... Things could be worse you might wake up looking like Joffa.....

GO SAINTS.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The Saints Will Prevail In 06,07,08,09 etc etc etc
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Re: Oh The Good Old Days

SAINTMAN66 wrote:Now allow me to reminisce about the good old days....

The days where I used to travel from Bairnsdale, at 6.00am, on the train to Ye Olde Spencer Street.. Then onto Moorabbbin for A quiet day of smacking the Grandstand Wall behind the Official Cheer Squad.... Where I also had the rendition of the greatest song ever made blaring through my giant tape deck. Now, these were the days of 81-82 where if we had 1 win for the year we celebrated like no tomorrow.... Well, ok, maybe a tad over exaggerated we could of had 2or 3.

Now, my old memory unfortunately I can't remember the names of the diehards who sat with me in the grandstand, but geez we even had the cheer squad wanting more.

Even after a heavy loss, and there were plenty, I still had a day out to remember, and getting home about 11.00 at night twas all worth it.

Now days my footy is on the Goggle Box living in Brissy (when the good wife lets me)

Yes it's nasty seeing what the side is dishing up at the moment ..can it get better? maybe... will it get worse? probably... but don't give up... Things could be worse you might wake up looking like Joffa.....

GO SAINTS.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Good story. Moorabbin was such a great place to watch footy for its era back then.

Said it before. The Saints have been through much tougher times before than this. This is but a speed hump that the side has to get over. The quicker the better for all of us. :D

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
bigred
Saintsational Legend

We've got the best full forward..
The best full forward
Got the best full forward in the league...

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saynta
Saintsational Legend

They better pick up against GWS or I will be cancelling my trip to Tassie.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

WHY live in Brissie? Such a boring and soulless place. Yes the weather is warm but it has no soul. A bit like our club ATM!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:They better pick up against GWS or I will be cancelling my trip to Tassie.
Fair call old boy.

I was planning on going there via light aircraft (an acquaintance has a plane). Fortunately I’ve got a party to go to instead!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SAINTMAN66
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:WHY live in Brissie? Such a boring and soulless place. Yes the weather is warm but it has no soul. A bit like our club ATM!

Was in the Army .... Met the good wife,settled here but yes soulless as far as AFL goes I'd go along with that... and I've never seen such one eyed one state crap as I do here... but that's another story.

The Saints Will Prevail In 06,07,08,09 etc etc etc