Move to new Moorabbin been detrimental

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Move to new Moorabbin been detrimental

This is a genuine question...did the hasty move to Moorabbin right before the 1st game contribute to the Saints poor form thus far?

IMO, I think it may have to some degree (only minor) but a fellow fan did mention it as being a big contributor which he heard about on the grapevine. I hadn't really thought about its impact until he mentioned it. Maybe it should have helped more than anything!

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Move to new Moorabbin been detrimental

parkeysainter wrote:This is a genuine question...did the hasty move to Moorabbin right before the 1st game contribute to the Saints poor form thus far?

IMO, I think it may have to some degree (only minor) but a fellow fan did mention it as being a big contributor which he heard about on the grapevine. I hadn't really thought about its impact until he mentioned it. Maybe it should have helped more than anything!
Changes to routines can be counter productive, particularly in what is a routine based business. However, I wouldn't think it would impact for a month.

Drake Huggins
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote:This is a genuine question...did the hasty move to Moorabbin right before the 1st game contribute to the Saints poor form thus far?

I thought you were hailing this as one of our great positive moves of recent time, Porkey Sainter? I think it is and can't believe you would have such a sudden change of heart. Starting to doubt our administration? That's not allowed on here, I'm told. :D

<warning for baiting>

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
oh when the
Club Player

the writing was on the wall in the JLT games and probably the last few games last year

oh when the
Club Player

the writing was on the wall in the JLT games and probably the last few games last year

saints66
Club Player

Burn the place down if that is the reason for our form !

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

You’re taking the piss, right?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Linton Lodger wrote:

Changes to routines can be counter productive, particularly in what is a routine based business. However, I wouldn't think it would impact for a month.
Maybe. Anyone that has moved a business or home knows how stressful and unsettling it can be. I personally don't think it would have had a massive impact on the sides training routine and mental state but you never know. Just glad the move was done back before Rd 1 and its all over now so the Saints can enjoy their world class facilities for the next century or two.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Drake Huggins wrote:

I thought you were hailing this as one of our great positive moves of recent time, Porkey Sainter? I think it is and can't believe you would have such a sudden change of heart. Starting to doubt our administration? That's not allowed on here, I'm told. :D

<warning for baiting>

Mods, you have to be kidding?

stonecold
SS Life Member

Drake Huggins wrote:

<warning for baiting>
Wow!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Drake Huggins wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:
<warning for baiting>

This is f*cking bullsh*t.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Drake Huggins
Club Player

You're kidding, aren't you, Simon? I know what your Agenda is now. Disappointing but predictable. No wonder this forum is heading south.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Living in a nanny state is one thing, but this is starting to be a nanny forum.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

tears running downlegs @ starting

my goodness ... where have u people been !!!

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
stonecold
SS Life Member

asiu wrote:tears running downlegs @ starting

Don't know about others, but, I've been on a holiday!!!!!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:Living in a nanny state is one thing, but this is starting to be a nanny forum.
Agree.

I think Simon has lost the plot a bit.

We are all furious. Just let us vent. I understand he wants to nip it in the bud to some extent but it’s more the club’s fault we are behaving like this.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

but ,

calling Parky , Porky , is a red rag
... especially after a weeks holiday

good luck out there WW

glad its U 'n no longer me

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:

Welcome back stoney.

What did you think of Hickey’s game?

I apologise if this is baiting, but I just want some honest discussion given our rucking woes.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stonecold
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:
stonecold wrote:

Welcome back stoney.

What did you think of Hickey’s game?

I apologise if this is baiting, but I just want some honest discussion given our rucking woes.
Cheers, don't see this as baiting, (unless that was your intention, haha), I thought Tom was very average in the first half, but showed a little bit more in the second half, positive for Tom as the game wore on!!!!!

Mind you, he did make Stanley look like Polly Farmer in the first half!!!!! Got a serious bake from coaches at half-time!!!!!!

Maybe worth giving him another week, although Longer was good in the VFL!!!!!

At the end of the day, play the one who is in the best form, don't think we can play both at the same time!!!!!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:

Maybe. Anyone that has moved a business or home knows how stressful and unsettling it can be. I personally don't think it would have had a massive impact on the sides training routine and mental state but you never know. Just glad the move was done back before Rd 1 and its all over now so the Saints can enjoy their world class facilities for the next century or two.
Well, it is in a pretty messy state, and it's hard to find a good latte down there...that would upset our current playing group, no doubt.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Drake Huggins wrote:You're kidding, aren't you, Simon? I know what your Agenda is now. Disappointing but predictable. No wonder this forum is heading south.
We got off lightly, so my advice is to try and play fair and man up, I've played this game with Simon before and trust me, you won't win!!!!!

My advice to you Drake is: tow the line, unless you want more time away, just friendly advice!!!!!

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

stonecold wrote:
Cheers, don't see this as baiting, (unless that was your intention, haha), I thought Tom was very average in the first half, but showed a little bit more in the second half, positive for Tom as the game wore on!!!!!

Mind you, he did make Stanley look like Polly Farmer in the first half!!!!! Got a serious bake from coaches at half-time!!!!!!

Maybe worth giving him another week, although Longer was good in the VFL!!!!!

At the end of the day, play the one who is in the best form, don't think we can play both at the same time!!!!!
I know this is off topic so I will start with - Detrimental yes it was too rushed and not timed well

Now
Linton Lodger did get down to the VFL game and saw it differently regarding Longer
Not sure how his goal came about was it a mark and kick or was it a scrambling in play toe poke?
Regardless - he was in the votes and this where the majority of supporters here are really have trouble coming to grips with
We watch the games best rucks going round at the moment and we can see that Bill doesnt fit that mould
Hickey was and Marshall will be

and with the state of the current list at the moment we have to play two rucks to get game time into Marshall
2018 is ALL about development

oh PS I think Im getting closer to narrowing this down - regarding Hickeys "bake" were you in the rooms at half time???

Seeya
stonecold
SS Life Member

Play a another genuine Ruck when Marshall is playing so he can learn and develop, but not have to carry the load at this point, we cannot play Longer and Hickey in the same team, simple!!!!!

Longer was asked to play he's roll, which he did to a tee, Hickey didn't execute he's roll, so selection will be interesting!!!!!

As stated, Tom was no good in the first halve, slightly better in the second half, so may hold he's spot this week, but don't hold your breath!!!!!

As previously stated, go with the ruckman in the best form, which has been policy for the last two seasons!!!!!

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Linton Lodger did get down to the VFL game and saw it differently regarding Longer
Not sure how his goal came about was it a mark and kick or was it a scrambling in play toe poke?

Seeya
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

The move to Moorabbin has one thing going for it... it's not Outer Mongolia (aka Seafolly).

After that... I'm struggling.

Worst of all, the visionless half baked design doesn't allow for playing future boutique home games there!!! This is the second worst decision in the club's history - second only to letting in the bulldozers, and moving to Seaford!!! And why? Coz we couldn't stare down the (then :idea: ) yokel council when it wouldn't let us move our one-armed bandits. (Btw, where are those bandits today...? :roll: :roll: :evil: :oops: :oops: :oops: )

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen: