Match stats v Geelong

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Match stats v Geelong

We actually won most of the stats in the game but still got well beat. We won the disposal count, contested possessions, stoppages and clearances. Really didn't lose the other major stats by too much bar the inside 50's by 18 in total which isn't great.
Our disposal efficiency was only 2% behind theirs and our inside 50 efficiency was actually 4% better.

Been a similar kind of statistical tale the last 3 weeks.

Again, our inside 50's, disposal and goal kicking is killing our chances. If we kicked 14.7 Instead of 7.14 it would be a different tale all together. Us kicking goals, stops them kicking them at the same time also. Pretty f****** simple. These 3 issues are demoralising the players and end result.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
congorozides
Club Player

Re: Match stats v Geelong

Seriously mods can you ban this bloke?

FFS.

He is a propaganda spinning machine who I assume is being paid.

Nobody else could be constantly on here spinning so much delusional BS.

Surely this is against forum rules? It is pretty obvious this clown works for the club in the marketing department.

It is just dead set insulting.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

congorozides wrote:Seriously mods can you ban this bloke?

FFS.

Surely this is against forum rules? It is pretty obvious this clown works for the club in the marketing department.

So is your post.

congorozides
Club Player

saynta wrote:

FFS.

So is your post.
You are insulted by my post? In what way?

You think parkey is a bona fide poster?

f*** me.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

FFS.

I have responded via PM.

Stats are correct.

Opinion is valid and allowed.

No rule breach.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

FFS.

God you are an idiot Con. They are called stats and analysis. They don't lie. Argue you the points but that takes skill and a brain I guess.

I work for St Kilda? Are you serious? If I did, I certainly wouldn't bother coming on here.

Another bad loss I guess for you Con. Another week you cam dribble on about how bad the Saints are. Must be real fun mate.

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

saynta wrote:

FFS.

So is your post.
Pretty funny isn't it Saynta. I was actually critical of the the Saints in 3 critical areas and its why we are going so badly. But apparantly I work for the club. Lol

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:We actually won most of the stats in the game but still got well beat. We won the disposal count, contested possessions, stoppages and clearances. Really didn't lose the other major stats by too much bar the inside 50's by 18 in total which isn't great.
Our disposal efficiency was only 2% behind theirs and our inside 50 efficiency was actually 4% better.

Again, our inside 50's, disposal and goal kicking is killing our chances. If we kicked 14.7 Instead of 7.14 it would be a different tale all together. Us kicking goals, stops them kicking them at the same time also. Pretty f****** simple. These 3 issues are demoralising the players and end result.
We lost the frees 23 for and 25 against.

congorozides
Club Player

BackFromUSA wrote:

FFS.

I have responded via PM.

Stats are correct.

No rule breach.
It is obvious what is happening.
parkey provides three stats to send a message to fans that a fix is 'simple'. This is false and dishonest simplification. Designed to keep fans engaged, strong them along and provide hope that a solution is 'simple'. This is plainly dishonest.

Im standing by my hunch that parkey works for the club. I will continue to call out marketing BS when I see it.

congorozides
Club Player

BackFromUSA wrote:

FFS.

I have responded via PM.

Stats are correct.

No rule breach.
parkey provides three stats to send a message to fans that a fix is 'simple'. This is false and dishonest simplification. Designed to keep fans engaged, string them along and provide hope that a solution is 'simple'. This is plainly dishonest.

Im standing by my hunch that parkey works for the club. I will continue to call out marketing BS when I see it.

congorozides
Club Player

I am pretty sure it was parkey back in the JLT series spinning crap that we were 'rusty' because the players took a week off in February and that is why the JLT form wasnt important. We were also 'experimenting' with positions and game styles.

Seriously. This is obviously club feeding us BS on here. It is plain obvious. Just pure BS. Completely dishonest and I would say unethical.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

congorozides wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:

FFS.

I have responded via PM.

Stats are correct.

No rule breach.
parkey provides three stats to send a message to fans that a fix is 'simple'. This is false and dishonest simplification. Designed to keep fans engaged, string them along and provide hope that a solution is 'simple'. This is plainly dishonest.

Yeah Con. I work on Sunday nights on SS.net for free and because I like it. I might be lucky to use my supposed marketing expertise on a couple of dozen people that visit this place. It must be the triple time the club pays me on Sundays is why I really do it though actually. You are boarding on delusional. Not everyone thinks like you which gives humanity and Saints fans hope.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

saynta wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:We actually won most of the stats in the game but still got well beat. We won the disposal count, contested possessions, stoppages and clearances. Really didn't lose the other major stats by too much bar the inside 50's by 18 in total which isn't great.

We lost the frees 23 for and 25 against.
Yep. Bloody umps. They hate us.
Last edited by parkeysainter on Sun 15 Apr 2018 10:27pm, edited 1 time in total.

congorozides
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote:
congorozides wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:

FFS.

I have responded via PM.

Stats are correct.

No rule breach.

Yeah Con. I work on Sunday nights on SS.net for free and because I like it. I might be lucky to use my supposed marketing expertise on a couple of dozen people that visit this place. It must be the triple time the club pays me on Sundays is why I really do it though actually. You are boarding on delusional. Not everyone thinks like you which gives humanity and Saints fans hope.
If you arent getting paid then there is something terribly wrong with you.
As for you calling me delusional. My god. That is gaslighting.

Trust me - you getting paid by the club is your BEST possible reality.
If you arent then you are a f****** nut bag.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

congorozides wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:
congorozides wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:

FFS.

I have responded via PM.

Stats are correct.

No rule breach.

Argue the facts, stats and posts Connie boy. Stop playing the man and making stuff up.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Lies, damned lies, and statistics.

I understand why con is so angry when he just reads the first paragraph from parkey because stats are meaningless. It's not like we can just fine tune a few things and she'll be right mate!! We have big problems and there is no quick fix. We can talk as a club all we like about trying to win the contested possession count or other measures, but unless we turn over some players it's all a pipe dream.

I find it strange when a coach has to refer to his stat sheet when he's answering questions regarding what went wrong. First and foremost we are not hungry to win as a team. There's no spark, no plan B and no surprise game plan. Lack of motivation from the coaches and the footy department. The players seem like they have lost faith

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

congorozides wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:
congorozides wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:

FFS.

I have responded via PM.

Stats are correct.

No rule breach.

Trust me - you getting paid by the club is your BEST possible reality.
If you arent then you are a f****** nut bag.
You are very strange.

Reported to mods for trying to ruin a genuine thread and OP.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

congorozides wrote:I am pretty sure it was parkey back in the JLT series spinning crap that we were 'rusty' because the players took a week off in February and that is why the JLT form wasnt important. We were also 'experimenting' with positions and game styles.

Seriously. This is obviously club feeding us BS on here. It is plain obvious. Just pure BS. Completely dishonest and I would say unethical.
Con, I’ve had a look at some of parkey’s posts. He has stated if we are 1-11 this year then Richo is gone. In another post he talks about “Jihad stadium”.

No one from inside the club would talk like that.

Con, you’ve gone early once again, but I do love a conspiracy theory (even if it’s not even had baked), but most of all your passion. Imagine if the players were as fired up as you are buddy??

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
suss
Club Player

Yes, improved effort, but I'm starting to think that our structure is the problem. We won the contested possession and were much improve around stoppages, but how can we play a 5 man forward line and expect to kick goals? Why the hell can't the coaching panel see that?

I've been big wrap for Richo up until now. Today's tactics were atrocious.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Scollop wrote:

I understand why con is so angry when he just reads the first paragraph from parkey because stats are meaningless. It's not like we can just fine tune a few things and she'll be right mate!! We have big problems and there is no quick fix. We can talk as a club all we like about trying to win the contested possession count or other measures, but unless we turn over some players it's all a pipe dream.

I find it strange when a coach has to refer to his stat sheet when he's answering questions regarding what went wrong. First and foremost we are not hungry to win as a team. There's no spark, no plan B and no surprise game plan. Lack of motivation from the coaches and the footy department. The players seem like they have lost faith
I agree with your post somewhat. Never said there was a quickfix and stats mean solely everything. There is much more to it and my OP was mostly delving into statistical analysis of our last 3 games. I purposely highlighted 3 crucial areas as to why the side is failing to win at the moment from a statistical standpoint. Alot of it does have to do with those 3 areas but yes...the side isn't playing with the highest motivation and our tactics overall aren't too great. Its a worry.

People like Con need to understand the above. He jumps at shadows like a scared cat.
Last edited by parkeysainter on Sun 15 Apr 2018 10:38pm, edited 1 time in total.

congorozides
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote:
Scollop wrote:

I agree with your post somewhat. Never said there was a quickfix and stats mean solely everything. There is much more to it and my OP was mostly delving into statistical analysis of our last 3 games. I purposely highlighted 3 crucial areas as to why the side is failing to win at the moment. Alot of it does have to do with those 3 areas.

People like Con need to understand the above. He jumps at shadows like a scared cat.
You are so brave.

Seriously get a grip.

Shadows??? Have you seen us actually play? The last three games have been real life. Not shadows at all. Reality.

I want REGIME CHANGE

Obviously you are part of the current regime and are desperate to keep it going.

Ill say it again -

Finnis is an AFL plant and a complete and utter c*** of a bloke. A vanilla accountant. A ******** from AFLQ.
Richardson is a simpleton - a half wit and a joke IN AFL CIRCLES. Not 'highly regarded' at all.
The President is a just a f****** pathetic joke.
Bains was also a little AFL c**k sucker.

We need FULL REGIME CHANGE or we will be in Tassie.

I have been saying it for 12 months now. THE CLUB IS IN CRISIS.

People like you who keep telling fans everything is ok are just plain dishonest and simply leading people down the road of destruction until its too late to turn back.
People like YOU are leading us to Tassie. It is like the pied piper. You pretend to be positive - but you are leading people further down the drain.
Last edited by congorozides on Sun 15 Apr 2018 10:44pm, edited 4 times in total.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:

Nailed it.

Richo will never admit the players have lost passion and are unwilling to give their best as that is admitting he is an abject failure as a coach. He is OK in the media but not great at that either. It seems like the players tick a box as far as kicking/hadballing/winning a contest etc, but the KPI for passion and teamwork is clearly secondary in importance.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
congorozides
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
Scollop wrote:

Nailed it.

Richo will never admit the players have lost passion and are unwilling to give their best as that is admitting he is an abject failure as a coach. He is OK in the media but not great at that either. It seems like the players tick a box as far as kicking/hadballing/winning a contest etc, but the KPI for passion and teamwork is clearly secondary in importance.

Richo has completely lost the players and is in complete denial about it.

He has no idea what to say. He is just hoping for some miracle.

It wont come.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

congorozides wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:
Scollop wrote:

I agree with your post somewhat. Never said there was a quickfix and stats mean solely everything. There is much more to it and my OP was mostly delving into statistical analysis of our last 3 games. I purposely highlighted 3 crucial areas as to why the side is failing to win at the moment. Alot of it does have to do with those 3 areas.

You are so brave.

Seriously get a grip.

Shadows???

I want REGIME CHANGE

Obviously you are part of the current regime and are desperate to keep it going.

Ill say it again -

Finnis is an AFL plant and a complete and utter c*** of a bloke. A vanilla accountant. A ******** from AFLQ.
Richardson is a simpleton - a half wit and a joke IN AFL CIRCLES. Not 'highly regarded' at all.
The President is a just a f****** pathetic joke.
Bains was also a little AFL c**k sucker.

We need FULL REGIME CHANGE or we will be in Tassie.

I have been saying it for 12 months now. THE CLUB IS IN CRISIS.

People like you who keep telling fans everything is ok are just plain dishonest and simply leading people down the road of destruction until its too late to turn back.
People like YOU are leading us to Tassie. It is like the pied piper. You pretend to be positive - but you are leading people further down the drain.
Well said Con. Largely true apart from the attack on Parkey. Please ease up - we don’t want you banned!

Simon - give him 24 hrs off please not a full week!