Match stats v Geelong

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

congorozides
Club Player

Re: Match stats v Geelong

Ok 24 hours seems fair but parkey has been peddling this stuff for a while now.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

congorozides wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:
Scollop wrote:
SaintPav wrote:Lies, damned lies, and statistics.

I understand why con is so angry when he just reads the first paragraph from parkey because stats are meaningless. It's not like we can just fine tune a few things and she'll be right mate!! We have big problems and there is no quick fix. We can talk as a club all we like about trying to win the contested possession count or other measures, but unless we turn over some players it's all a pipe dream.

I find it strange when a coach has to refer to his stat sheet when he's answering questions regarding what went wrong. First and foremost we are not hungry to win as a team. There's no spark, no plan B and no surprise game plan. Lack of motivation from the coaches and the footy department. The players seem like they have lost faith
I agree with your post somewhat. Never said there was a quickfix and stats mean solely everything. There is much more to it and my OP was mostly delving into statistical analysis of our last 3 games. I purposely highlighted 3 crucial areas as to why the side is failing to win at the moment. Alot of it does have to do with those 3 areas.

People like Con need to understand the above. He jumps at shadows like a scared cat.
You are so brave.

Seriously get a grip.

Shadows??? Have you seen us actually play? The last three games have been real life. Not shadows at all. Reality.

I want REGIME CHANGE

Obviously you are part of the current regime and are desperate to keep it going.

Ill say it again -

Finnis is an AFL plant and a complete and utter c*** of a bloke. A vanilla accountant. A ******** from AFLQ.
Richardson is a simpleton - a half wit and a joke IN AFL CIRCLES. Not 'highly regarded' at all.
The President is a just a f****** pathetic joke.
Bains was also a little AFL c**k sucker.

We need FULL REGIME CHANGE or we will be in Tassie.

I have been saying it for 12 months now. THE CLUB IS IN CRISIS.

People like you who keep telling fans everything is ok are just plain dishonest and simply leading people down the road of destruction until its too late to turn back.
People like YOU are leading us to Tassie. It is like the pied piper. You pretend to be positive - but you are leading people further down the drain.
6 HOUR BAN ISSUED UNDER THIS RULE:
ABUSING OR DEMEANING A SAINTS PLAYER, FAMILY OR OFFICIAL RULE

Commenting on the performance of a Saints player / official is allowed. In cases where posters abuse or demean a Saints player / official / or their family, OR casts dispersions on their character and it is deemed by the moderators to be unreasonably offensive and inflammatory, then the moderators (if all moderators agree) can issue a Saintsational warning, or in extreme cases a 1 week ban of the offending poster.

However, we recognise that match time and match days are emotionally charged. If a post is made that is deemed by a moderator to be highly inappropriate, offensive or inflammatory during match days, the moderator can edit this post and that moderator has the right to unilaterally issue a 6 hour ban, as a cooling off period for the offending poster or posters, but in extreme cases a 1 week ban.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
congorozides
Club Player

Geelong Attribute St Kilda
188.4cm Height 188.0cm
88.7kg Weight 87.7kg
24yr 7mth Age 24yr 5mth
79.9 Games 78.1

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

congorozides wrote:Ok 24 hours seems fair but parkey has been peddling this stuff for a while now.
Peddling what?

The Saints playing group is going ordinary at the moment and its not good enough. I will be the first to see that and tell anyone that. Things can and will improve. Its nowhere near a crisis and the club doesn't require regime change just yet. That will be analysed as it all should at the conclusion of the 2018 AFL Premiership season. Every position at the club will be analysed as it should. This is not the bloody towns and villages of Syria.

Deal with the statistical analysis as i posted in the OP and get off the VB longnecks.
Last edited by parkeysainter on Sun 15 Apr 2018 10:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Can understand it all. Players, I assure you, are very peed off as well,

chook23
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:Can understand it all. Players, I assure you, are very peed off as well,
at what or whom?

saint4life
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Lol here we go.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
footyhead
Club Player

Maybe stats can help explain things. The last 3 weeks it seems we are playing with 2 less players on the field. Especially going forward. I don’t know what that tells us maybe bad disposal. There is something “off” at the moment. I think it might be time to give up on finals as a goal and maybe look at developing a different game plan. Very disappointed in our performances this year. Still time to improve for this year but the clock is ticking.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
tony74 wrote:Can understand it all. Players, I assure you, are very peed off as well,
at what or whom?
He can’t answer that but I assume the person who is in charge of them.

Have you ever worked for an ineffectual manager? It’s fairly demotivating

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

footyhead wrote:Maybe stats can help explain things. The last 3 weeks it seems we are playing with 2 less players on the field. Especially going forward. I don’t know what that tells us maybe bad disposal. There is something “off” at the moment. I think it might be time to give up on finals as a goal and maybe look at developing a different game plan. Very disappointed in our performances this year. Still time to improve for this year but the clock is ticking.
Good in theory but it takes a whole preseason to change a game plan it seems. We are robotic and stuck in a spiral. Good players from other teams can just toy with us.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Put it this way. You will see a very different approach to the game next week. Very different. It doesn’t mean it will work but it will be different.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:Put it this way. You will see a very different approach to the game next week. Very different. It doesn’t mean it will work but it will be different.
from whom?

saint4life
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Only one match stat really matters.

That's kicking effing GOALS .
19 . 40 in the last 3 weeks plus numerous sprayed shots .
If they could miraculously fix this then we could be a chance in games.
Nothing beats scoreboard pressure.

In red white and black from 73
Ape_Man
Club Player

I’ve had a think about it, Richo has based his game plan on Pokémon Go.

Just randomly, chaotically, move around an area and something will appear.

Once it does flick madly forward and hope for a capture. I mean goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Leave Con alone - he is aggrieved after yet another pathetic performance, totally justified.
We need stats on turnovers, on kicking to 1 vs 3s, on handballing to people is worse positions, on atrocious kicking everywhere,
On desire and passion and on why no player seems to care.
On the times there was a kick forward to no one! <five years ago deja vu>

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
footyhead
Club Player

So SP you think we need to keep faith and it will turn around? I suppose Sydney did it and Hawthorn are currently doing it. Tigers won a GF doing it. I dunno I just don’t thiink I can believe that yet. Anyway all I see is it’s not working, maybe it’s just a tweak. I hope that the coaching and players know what they need to do.

Shaggy
Club Player

tony74 wrote:Put it this way. You will see a very different approach to the game next week. Very different. It doesn’t mean it will work but it will be different.
Good! Doesn't have to work. Richo needs to show he can adapt. We need to have players forward of the ball.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:
Good! Doesn't have to work. Richo needs to show he can adapt. We need to have players forward of the ball.
Richo needs to leave along with ELshaugh

“Yeah….nah””
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

congorozides wrote:Seriously mods can you ban this bloke?

FFS.

He is a propaganda spinning machine who I assume is being paid.

Nobody else could be constantly on here spinning so much delusional BS.

Surely this is against forum rules? It is pretty obvious this clown works for the club in the marketing department.

It is just dead set insulting.
Ban him for what? Like the Club feels its important to spin propaganda to 100 people on Saintsational! <edited by mods>

<warning for abuse>

Drake Huggins
Club Player

FFS.

Surely this is against forum rules? It is pretty obvious this clown works for the club in the marketing department.

Shame on you congorozides. Porkey Sainter is the only poster on this forum who really knows what's going on. He knows everything about the club, including who's worked for it and when. Everything is fine. "Move along now, nothing to see here." Why? Because Porkey Sainter said so!!!!!!!!!!

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Linton Lodger wrote:

FFS.

Ban him for what? Like the Club feels its important to spin propaganda to 100 people on Saintsational! <edited by mods>

<warning for abuse>
Lol. Thanks for pointing out how ridiculous the accusations were. It was comedy central last night.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
saynta
Saintsational Legend

congorozides wrote:
saynta wrote:

FFS.

So is your post.
You are insulted by my post? In what way?

You think parkey is a bona fide poster?

f*** me.
No thanks

In your dreams pal.

congorozides
Club Player

The old George Costanza?