They wont sack Richo !!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

nw7
Club Player

They wont sack Richo !!!

They wont sack Richo, if they did we would be the laughing stock of the league even more than we are now. I want our President and CEO to put the whole football department on notice, the game plan is s***, Richo thinks he has built a team full of contested possession beasts and we can hardly win a one on one contest when the game matters. He has forgone kicking skills and pace to do this. Well its not working, its miles off working. Make them come up with a different plan, one based on run and carry and tackeling nor corralling. We are stuck with Richo so the people running the club must demand a plan from the fottball department on how to improve the situation, they must share it with the supporters and we must see the improvement. The year is gone, I don't want to start another rebuild, I don't think our list is that bad, develop a game style, develop our players, improve our skills for the rest of the year.

congorozides
Club Player

Re: They wont sack Richo !!!

nw7 wrote:They wont sack Richo, if they did we would be the laughing stock of the league even more than we are now. I want our President and CEO to put the whole football department on notice, the game plan is s***, Richo thinks he has built a team full of contested possession beasts and we can hardly win a one on one contest when the game matters. He has forgone kicking skills and pace to do this. Well its not working, its miles off working. Make them come up with a different plan, one based on run and carry and tackeling nor corralling. We are stuck with Richo so the people running the club must demand a plan from the fottball department on how to improve the situation, they must share it with the supporters and we must see the improvement. The year is gone, I don't want to start another rebuild, I don't think our list is that bad, develop a game style, develop our players, improve our skills for the rest of the year.
Keeping Richo and being too gutless and too brainless to sack him will make us an even bigger laughing stock that sacking him.

23Buckets

AFL won’t let us sack him either as we are so in debt that they would have to ultimately foot the bill for the payout. Never should have extended his contract before the season, went backwards last year, and it is not like any other club was trying to poach him.

congorozides
Club Player

23Buckets wrote:AFL won’t let us sack him either as we are so in debt that they would have to ultimately foot the bill for the payout. Never should have extended his contract before the season, went backwards last year, and it is not like any other club was trying to poach him.
Balwyn or something like that might have been interested. That is about his level.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

It's not just the game plan. One of the key parts of his role is team selection. He constantly gets that wrong

Had Dunny in the magoos last year and then when Dunstan shows a bit and earns his spot in conscutive games towards the end o 2017, you think that Dunstan has to be in the best 22. Dunny backs that up with a good preseason and yet Richo doesn't play him in Round 1 or Round 2. Mistake!

I cannot believe that you leave Gilbo on the playing list and you do not play him from the word go in round 1. Coach has not shown confidence in the guy. Seriously, what was the point of keeping him on the list? His hardness was required when we have had first gamers debuting for the side aswell as lots of young blokes. Sure he didn't play a blinder today, but you have to weigh that up with the fact that he knew the writing was on the wall with his playing days with the coach not playing him the last 3 weeks.

Jack Steele is one of our hardest and one of our most consistent players. Steele put in a blinder last week and coach has no option but to play him. He should not be dropped when you have guys like Gresham and Billings consistently putting in poor performances. Steele can not only play midfield but he can also kick goals.

Today another huge mistake in bringing back Lonie. WTF?? Unless the kid turns into a midget version of Micky Conlan, he should not be playing AFL

Edit: Forgot to mention Billy Longer versus Hickey debate. Hickey also not shown any confidence and not given an opportunity to improve as a footballer while Billy was consistently getting games even though he could not contribute with any decent possession count. We've seen how valuable ruckman can be if they can get disposals in the nidfield. I believe the team loses a bit of faith each time the game plan fails and also each time the coaches team selection's fail
Last edited by Scollop on Sun 15 Apr 2018 9:45pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaintDippa
Club Player

Richo and the list need to sit down and watch Collingwood's ball movement Friday night. Bullet passes, rapid ball movement, and accurate kicking.
Q. Is the players kicking as far as they can to nowhere in particular a new KPI?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

DMW

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....