Roberton

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Roberton

Hope he's OK.

Not a great look.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Joey
Club Player

Re: Roberton

Had something similar happen to me last year. Felt dizzy and just collapsed. Ended up being low heart rate. So hopefully he'll be fine

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

A champion is not defined by a number of wins, but by the courage shown to get up when your down
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Hope he's okay. Thoughts and prayers are with Dylan and the Roberton family.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:Hope he's okay. Thoughts and prayers are with Dylan and the Roberton family.
Plus one.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Dal on Foxtel stated irrelugar heart beat.

I’ve had that - but never collapsed.

IF he needs what I had done, and that is get his heart restarted by a defibrillator, it will involve taking blood thinning drugs for a few weeks to start with. You take them in case there are any clots in your heart- so they dissolve. You also may take beta blockers that regulate your heartbeat so it doesn’t go too fast. Once you’ve done that it’s into hospital. A general and wham! you get jump started whilst asleep. They get you back into a normal regular pulse/heart beat and wake you up. Only takes about 15 minutes. Out of hospital within half a day.

I’ve been lucky and had no relapses and regular pulse for almost 2 years now and not on any meds, but often that’s not the case. Some people have several restarts a few times a year. The next option is ablation- where they somehow alter the electrical signals in your heart through surgery. Another option is a pacemaker.

Complex stuff and makes you appreciate the great work a cardiologist does!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Joey wrote:Had something similar happen to me last year. Felt dizzy and just collapsed. Ended up being low heart rate. So hopefully he'll be fine

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I hope you and Roberton are both okay.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Dal on Foxtel stated irrelugar heart beat.

IF he needs what I had done, and that is get his heart restarted by a defibrillator, it will involve taking blood thinning drugs for a few weeks to start with. You take them in case there are any clots in your heart- so they dissolve. You also may take beta blockers that regulate your heartbeat so it doesn’t go too fast. Once you’ve done that it’s into hospital. A general and wham! you get jump started whilst asleep. They get you back into a normal regular pulse/heart beat and wake you up. Only takes about 15 minutes. Out of hospital within half a day.

I’ve been lucky and had no relapses and regular pulse for almost 2 years now and not on any meds, but often that’s not the case. Some people have several restarts a few times a year. The next option is ablation- where they somehow alter the electrical signals in your heart through surgery. Another option is a pacemaker.

Are you sure you should follow the saints?

Nee!
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

My highlight of the match. Watching several of his team mates getting around him and showing genuine care for a fellow Sainter. That is all you can ask for as a supporter and it does show they care about each other.

Hope he is all good. Poor guy has a wife and three young kids which would have been terrifying for all of them to see.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Any updates?

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Milne
Club Player

AFL just tweeted

"Dylan Roberton remains in hospital on Monday morning with tests ongoing for an irregular heartbeat."

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Milne wrote:AFL just tweeted

"Dylan Roberton remains in hospital on Monday morning with tests ongoing for an irregular heartbeat."
Geez not too good. It only takes about 10 minutes to do an ECG, not much longer to do an echocardiogram (heart ulstrasound to check blood flow). I’m guessing standard blood tests and maybe an MRI scan perhaps?

Any medicos on here??

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Though mid fifties and very fit as I run, swim and do MMA training, I had an electrical issue with the heart a couple of years ago that floored me.
I passed out on the coach, struggled with breath and my wife called an ambulance who then called a MICA unit.

I was diagnosed and had pulmonary ablation surgery which was completed while awake that took around 4 hours.
The cardiologist stated this would have required open heart surgery and a pacemaker 10-15 years ago.

I recovered within a couple of weeks of surgery and have not looked back since, no medication.
A good interventionist and treatment and I am sure Dylan will be fine with the modern diagnostic and treatments now available.

Best wishes to him and his family.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:

Though mid fifties and very fit as I run, swim and do MMA training, I had an electrical issue with the heart a couple of years ago that floored me.
I passed out on the coach, struggled with breath and my wife called an ambulance who then called a MICA unit.

I was diagnosed and had pulmonary ablation surgery which was completed while awake that took around 4 hours.
The cardiologist stated this would have required open heart surgery and a pacemaker 10-15 years ago.

I recovered within a couple of weeks of surgery and have not looked back since, no medication.
A good interventionist and treatment and I am sure Dylan will be fine with the modern diagnostic and treatments now available.

Great news.

Isn’t it brilliant how our lives can be extended and In Your case full health by a big margin??

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:
I passed out on the coach, ....
Richo?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Drake Huggins
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote:

Same here, JB. You can't keep good men down, although I don't know I can survive another drawn grand final!

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:

Great news.

Isn’t it brilliant how our lives can be extended and In Your case full health by a big margin??

I didn't realise how brilliant and skilled these guys are until I required their expertise.
With no knowledge of Dylan's issues, I draw on my own experience and small exposure to the marvels of modern cardiac medicine and feel confident he'll be back sooner rather than later.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Milne wrote:AFL just tweeted

Geez not too good. It only takes about 10 minutes to do an ECG, not much longer to do an echocardiogram (heart ulstrasound to check blood flow). I’m guessing standard blood tests and maybe an MRI scan perhaps?

Any medicos on here??
Doubt anyone with half a brain would post on here.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-16/sai ... ehind-play

Good on the Saints boys in showing team spirit for a fallen mate.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzn3dns ... wenhlLjc-6

Lethlean doing a rather underwhelming job at a presser around Dyl...

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

I think he will be missing for a while. His personal health comes before playing for the Saints.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:I think he will be missing for a while. His personal health comes before playing for the Saints.
http://www.saints.com.au/news/2018-04-1 ... of-a-scare
St Kilda defender Dylan Roberton is hopeful of missing just one week as he continues to undergo testing for an irregular heartbeat that prompted his on-field collapse against Geelong.

Roberton sparked concern among his teammates and the wider football community when he fell to the ground in the second term of the loss to the Cats. The father of three later reported dizziness and having a blackout.

The 26-year-old was sent to Epworth Hospital while the game was still in progress and was released on Monday. He hopes to miss only the clash with Greater Western Sydney this Saturday at Etihad Stadium.

"This week I'm ruled out, just as a precaution. I'll do all the testing and then hopefully, back on the track next week," Roberton told reporters outside Epworth Hospital on Monday.

Despite the worrying scenes, Roberton wasn't overly concerned.

"It was a bit of a scare, probably more so for family and friends. I was fine straight away," Roberton said.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Tom Morris from AFL media reported on On The Couch last night it could b

This:

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Condition ... ainContent

Which is a form of tachycardia (fast or irregular heart beat).

What will be interesting is the treatment (possibly meds), and the risk factor continuing to play given
the hard running and more so the stop-start nature of the game.

Duty of care would suggest several weeks on the sidelines to work through these issues/options available.