Trust the Process????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

nw7
Club Player

Trust the Process????

I'm not sure how many people on the forum follow the NBA. My sons are full on into it and I really enjoy it but nothing beats AFL in my book. Since Brett Brown took over the Philadelphia 76ers in 2013 I have followed them closely because of his ties to Australian Basketball, he took over in 2013 about the time we started our "REBUILD". The motto they had was TRUST THE PROCESS, the finished on the bottom, drafted young stars, built a culture, traded some good players out and whenever they were questioned they would say TRUST THE PROCESS. Today they make their first playoffs since 2012, its a young exciting team, now Aussie Ben Simmons is playing its even better to follow, they are young, exciting and on the improve big time.
I compare that to our rebuild, I'm not sure about others but I trusted the process at the Saints, I'm hoping we are somehow still on track for bigger and better things and a few good wins would sort things out. I have lost a lot of confidence with the club leaders who are in charge of the PROCESS. They are seeing something I cant see and seem to now be reluctantly making changes because the pressure valve has been turned up by Saints supporters and the football world. I like the Team Changes, I hope to see game plan changes and accountability on field, perform at the level required or be replaced until you do. I would love some honesty from the club not spin, "This is what's wrong, This is how we will improve it". Richo said last week pre match "we don't need to work on kicking skills, the North game was a one off, we need to work on contest and pressure" well against the crows the contest was ok and pressure was ok, we lost because of kicking skills and decision making.

Do Richo and other leaders know what to do? We have put him in charge of our PROCESS. Lets hope so!!

Go Saints.

Kick-it-lace-out
Club Player

Re: Trust the Process????

Great post.

Recruiting has almost become the single most important part of football these days, and I question our recruitment department. It's fair to say that there are serious question marks over Tony Elshaug's performance over the last few years, and the fact that Wayne Hughes is our "Pro Scout" probably sums up where we are as a club. Have a look at his body of work when he was running recruiting at Carlton. No wonder we haven't been able to land any 'big fish'.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Trust the Process????

Who cares about Richo anymore or our recruiters??

Thy play favourites eg. by keeping Butcher Newnes in the side and still dissing Weller. Then Dunstan is again on the outer when half the team is shyte. Ben Long shows patches but little else and is given 4 games in a row.

I’m done with our process. But moreso done with those trying to implement it.

At least Carlton are as bad as us. That warms the heart

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.