Bruce out for six. Membrey likely the same.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MilneyMagic
Club Player

Bruce out for six. Membrey likely the same.

Similar to what I reported last week and contrary to what has been reported, Bruce has not been dropped but has a back stres issue and likely out for six weeks. Membeey will also not play for the next 4-6.

We are in big strife up forward.

Stay loyal but expect some pain.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Bruce out for six. Membrey likely the same.

Explains why they both looked so ordinary.

I thought Membrey was a fair chance to play next week.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Stian
Club Player

Hurts like %&# but it is a HUGE opportunity for Paddy and Battle and probably also for Marshall. Maybe there is some good with the bad.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Crisitunity!!!

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I actually don’t mind this... our forward set up was failing dismissally and I doubted Richo’s ability to mix it up. Now he had no choice

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

We must play a mix of Paddy, Battle and Marshall as the talls for the next few weeks. Sorry, but I can't think of anyone else unless they chuck up forward our backs in Carlisle, Austin, Goddard. We have 2 x rucks on the list so Marshall can play forward.

I don't mind the smaller forward line setup anyway. I really wish Meatball was available. I rate him highly. I think Wellar needs to come in next week too.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Why is Battle not playing this week?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

parkeysainter wrote:We must play a mix of Paddy, Battle and Marshall as the talls for the next few weeks. Sorry, but I can't think of anyone else unless they chuck up forward our backs in Carlisle, Austin, Goddard. We have 2 x rucks on the list so Marshall can play forward.

I don't mind the smaller forward line setup anyway. I really wish Meatball was available. I rate him highly. I think Wellar needs to come in next week too.
'Wellar'?
I don't think I can get picked next week;
unless there's a special exemption for middle-aged guys
What's the opposite of 'rookie'? :shock:

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Cordz2
Club Player

skeptic wrote:I actually don’t mind this... our forward set up was failing dismissally and I doubted Richo’s ability to mix it up. Now he had no choice
That’s how I feel about it

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Would love to be proven wrong, but I feel Bruce will be sorely missed. I remember last year when he was dropped, most supporters realised how important he was

Without Membrey there, we need someone with the running ability and agility of Juice. The mids showed over the past couple of weeks that they have no confidence in Paddy. That in turn meant he was confused and did not lead to spots he normally would because he knew that they were't honouring his lead. If the mids are disciplined enough to look for the best option we might get a few goals from our talls, but I have my doubts. It usually takes a few weeks for the mids and forwards to gel. Unfortunately we don't have that luxury.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

So why isn’t Battle playing? A bit timid by the club I feel

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I think Paddy deserves to play and I think for the sake of the team going forward, it's important that HE is the man up forward. Let's see how he goes as the main go to forward. As long as we win the constested footy and as long as we run and carry as a group, then we will have plenty of opportunities for the forwards. That includes, the likes of Gresh, Sincs and JB.

If Hickey, Marshall and Paddy can bring the ball to ground, we should also be able to kick enough goals if the smalls work hard enough. That means our mids need to work hard and make sure that they impact the scoreboard at every opportunity. Perhaps the coach sees the midfield as the main contest and bringing in Battle doesn't add to the mids.

Battle is going to get games to play this year, especially with both Skunk and Juice out. I think if he is fit and doing what the coaches ask of him, he'll get his chance soon in the seniors. It's important to think long term and he can continue to improve by kicking lots of goals and playing well at Sandy