FAKERS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

David-Lee
Club Player

FAKERS

It is refreshing to see that when times are tough humans seem to never change....they might reach out to help a stranger in harm but "you always hurt, the one you love, the one, you love, the most".

When my children are struggling I don't reject them and withhold my resources from them...I lavish them with time, money, love, attention and approval...and no, they're not actually children anymore.

But when it comes to footy, "supporters" withhold when the club is most desperate and in need...if you are Sainter and don't have a membership, you don't belong...you aren't a supporter...you aren't even a fan...you are an observer who may or may not lean towards St Kilda IF and I mean IF they are winning.

If you support the team buy a membership. Buy whatever you can afford and if you do have a membership don't let others who claim to be supporters get away with not financially contributing.

If you want a hat or shirt buy it from the Saints...God knows I've spewed over buying jumpers, shirts and hats for 4 kids plus myself for 22 years...especially when it seems a tad high in the price department...

You can whinge and cry all you want on here...God knows I do...but if you dont have a membership you are pathetic.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: FAKERS

Good post here David Lee - I think the same thing. These people that go on and on about how big a supporter they are and crap.

No membership, you're a barracker. Not a supporter.

BUT only thing I don't agree w is the 'pathetic' part. I've come to realise that not everyone has the same financial situation and can't always prioritise football. In addition, if you cannot actually go to games like work commitments, location, etc - then it becomes a donation and that's a much bigger ask when not getting value from admission to games.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

David-Lee wrote:If you want a hat or shirt buy it from the Saints...God knows I've spewed over buying jumpers, shirts and hats for 4 kids plus myself for 22 years...especially when it seems a tad high in the price department...
Or buy your jumper from Fangear and donate the 1/2 the difference to the club and the other half to a charity - the charity part is what I do.
Spinner wrote:In addition, if you cannot actually go to games like work commitments, location, etc - then it becomes a donation and that's a much bigger ask when not getting value from admission to games.
We cant make as many games now due to location and work commitments but my son and I are members and soocial club members.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
David-Lee
Club Player

I understand the financial challenges. I was injured and didn't work for 13 months but I still bought the cheapest membership it was like $10 a month back then direct debit...honestly if you say you can't afford $10 a month...I'd be shocked ...Yes I did end up on Centrelink but when I was healthy I went back to work and now own the company. I pay for any employee who wants a Saints membership.
I sadly live 3000k away now but we still fly to 2-3 games a year.

I do understand there is a small portion and I mean very small who can't afford a general membership on concession which is just under $6 a week. Those peeps get a pass and I am sorry they aren't pathetic...that now means we all need to buy something extra to make up for the less able.

I just really pissed off with these people crapping on and then they aren't even members. We are almost the poorest club and yes the board needs to improve this but if 30000 Saints that I know exist out there just spent $ on one membership each we would be totally transformed from finances to ability to upgrade facility, staff, coaches and maybe even get a decent cap in a membership pack!

David-Lee
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote:
David-Lee wrote:If you want a hat or shirt buy it from the Saints...God knows I've spewed over buying jumpers, shirts and hats for 4 kids plus myself for 22 years...especially when it seems a tad high in the price department...
Or buy your jumper from Fangear and donate the 1/2 the difference to the club and the other half to a charity - the charity part is what I do.
Spinner wrote:In addition, if you cannot actually go to games like work commitments, location, etc - then it becomes a donation and that's a much bigger ask when not getting value from admission to games.
We cant make as many games now due to location and work commitments but my son and I are members and soocial club members.
I haven't ever heard of fangear how are they?

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

David-Lee wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:
I haven't ever heard of fangear how are they?
https://www.fangear.com/

Nothing is on sale at the moment - but they do have some fantastic sales

This website is also a good place to buy:

https://jim-kidd-sports.myshopify.com/c ... lda-saints

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

The club always has really good end of season sales at Saints Locker.

I can't afford to kit out 2 kids with new gear every year and I'm usually in a 2 or 3 year old polo myself, but I always go hard in the sales. If you buy from the club direct we make the most $ out of it.

Always loyal
loris
Saintsational Legend

Support your sentiments David-Lee. It annoys me the supposed ‘supporters’ who won’t fork out for membership, yet feel they have a right to continually criticise the Club. Also I’m gob-smacked at those who won’t attend games at the MCG or Geelong because they are exposed to the elements - I shakes my head in disbelief.

I’ve been living in Perth for over 20 years and have had membership & social club membership whilst living here. (Previously had it for ever when I level in Melbourne). You don’t always get to see 2 games in Perth (luckily this season & last season we did). If there are two games in WA you have to pay to see one of the games, even though you have full membership. Plus you have to cross your fingers you are lucky enough to get a ticket for your free game. There were only 600 tickets allocated for opposing supporters when the matches were played at Subiaco. I don’t know how many are allocated now with the new stadium. I hope it’s more.
I’m in the UK at present, hoping I get an e-mail shortly to tell me I’m successful in jagging a ticket for the Freo match in a couple of weeks time, as I only get back to Perth a few days before the game. If not, I’ll have to beg, borrow or steal to get to see my beloved club no matter how poorly they may be playing.

It’s a PRIVILEDGE to support my club, especially when their backs are against the wall. If you’ve been a true supporter and/ or a member ( I have since the early 1950’s) you’ll have experienced many highs & lows following the Saints.
Sometimes the highs aren’t just winning a flag. I experienced highs and pride in my club when Brian Gleeson, Neil Roberts, Verdun Howell, Rossy Smith, Ian Stewart, Tony Lockett & Robert Harvey won Brownlows. In my opinion that isn’t just an individual award, the team has assisted that player in reaching that achievement. There have been highs when unexpectedly the Saints have won games no person in their right mind could think they would win. Pride in the Club when a Sainter won the goal kicking or most valuable player award.

Just making a grand final is an achievement in itself, I’ve been through all the losing ones since 1965. Sure there has been bitter disappointment at not reaching the pinnacle. However I took pride that my club did get to ‘the big dance’. As many AFL Premiership winning coaches say....... “they are damned hard things to win, everything throughout the season usually has to fall your way”. The coaches I have heard say words along those lines over the years are Smith, Kennedy, Jeans, Matthews, Malthouse, Clarkson & Scott. And I’m sure other premiership winning coaches have uttered the same sentiments.

Yes everyone’s financial circumstances are different I agree David-Lee. However sometimes it’s priorities on where their money is spent. Clubs do make it easier for financially strapped people to become members. There are different levels of membership, and payment options.
I just wonder how many that whinge and whine about the coast of membership, don’t think twice about spending that money & much more on cigarettes, booze, gambling, techno games or whatever? It’s priorities IMHO - if you really support your Club you are a member - then you have a right, to constructively criticize if that is your bent. If not, who cares about their constant carping and bleating.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Paid-up interstate member.
I will be going to both Perth games.
I will go to the official functions before each game.
Will buy items at auction.
Will fly over to Melbourne 3 times this year to see them at Etihad too.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:Paid-up interstate member.
and you can't afford Foxtel?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

magnifisaint wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:Paid-up interstate member.
and you can't afford Foxtel?
Telstra mobile plan gives me free AFL Live Pass. Can watch all games on android or tablet
and it's all UNMETERED so I can watch AFL all damn day.

Why are you so worried, bonehead?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee