Did Collingwood just hammer another nail in riches coffin

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Re: Did Collingwood just hammer another nail in riches coffi

Con Gorozidis wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:I can't see how Collingwood upsetting Adelaide last night translates into Richo being under more pressure. Adelaide is a much better side than Collingwood. They just had a total stinker like we did against North. The comp is so even that of you are off your game any side can win on the day, irrespective of talent. I think that is a great thing for footy and its why there is no need to panic just yet at the Saints. We were 0-2 last year also.
So the North game was just a one off bad game?
No. Just highlighting that any side can win on the day these days Mr Con. Its too early to make a judgement after 3 Saints games.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Saintly66
Club Player

Linton Lodger wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:The board is dumb, inept and deluded,
but even they can work out that Mr Fairy Dust
is NOT a coach; all they have to do is see the Pies/Crows final score.
Easy to see that St Kilda is well below the Pies, and
only marginally above Basket Case Brissie.
Well why don't we just replace the Board with the inept & overpaid clowns they succeeded.

The clowns that staged a coup by text message (led by Nathan Burke), a text message that 8,000 (idiot) members fell for. Then from the get go didn't realise that they needed to put money away for a rainy day because they thought our success would just magically roll on. They embark on a glorious shift to Seaford (actually the swampland of Carrum Downs) because it was cheap Real estate and they didn't have the ability to take on a freaking Council!

Then they appoint a mate 'Nettlefold' as the second highest paid CEO in the business, as they treat Ross Lyon with contemmpt and indifference, until he rightfully gave them the bird and left. Doesn't matter that the List would've died for Lyon, Nettlefold and Burke thought he was too hard to get along with and thought they'd be real clever and try to underpay him. Then they replace him with Watters who wasn't even a bloody senior assistant! I'm sure he came cheap and told the morons what they wanted to hear.

Oh and then in 2012, our second highest paid CEO in the business, realises at the last minute that we may be creeping over our salary cap! Does he consider asking the players if they'd take a pay cut? No! Lets lose Goddard for nothing.

I could go on and on. Now that Board was the height of ineptitude, even by St Kilda standards. I couldn't care how hard Butters was hitting the coke, his Board still outperformed those clowns and the Board he replaced by a country mile.

Yet it was members who had lost their heads, because we missed Finals and they didn't like Ross Lyon's gameplan, that allowed it all to happen.

So now that we have a stable Board with a plan (granted they haven't yet delivered), we should do it all again based on 2 losses.

For f**k sakes get a grip.
Goddard would have gone regardless, had more to do with the coach at the time.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

my answer to Linton Lodger is...
I agree with every single thing you said about the coup led by Burke.

But I don't like how Finnis.extended AR's contract,
nor do I like how Richo coaches the side.
He's a cral coach.
Need new blood.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

WellardSaint wrote:my answer to Linton Lodger is...
I agree with every single thing you said about the coup led by Burke.

But I don't like how Finnis.extended AR's contract,
nor do I like how Richo coaches the side.
He's a cral coach.
Need new blood.
Let's judge Richo at the end of the year.

I would suggest the extension of Richo's contract was about stabilty and I wouldn't be surprised if Collingwood and Gold Coast were sniffing about last year.

I think if we have a disastrous season, Richo's probably the sort of man that will fall on his sword. If that's not the case and there's a need to make a change, at the end of the year or next year, then there has to be a settlement. Oh well.

I prefer the fact that we have an Adminstration that prefers stability and respect, given the way the second most successful Coach (Lyon) in the Club's history was treated. I'm glad Richo doesn't have a "we can sack you with 12 weeks notice" clause in his contract, as Lyon did, even after he took us to 2 GFs in a row.

This is the first time Richo and the List have really been challenged, too early to write him or the List off. We knew at the end of last year that we were a gun midfielder or two short, nothing has changed.

The are 2 historical examples that suggest we should keep our heads. Bomber Thompson at the end of 2006 and Damian Hardwick at the end of 2016. Both ticked all the boxes to be sacked, moreso Hardwick. Both Clubs held firm and we know what happened.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Richo has the hallmarks of a good assistant coach and would be a very calming influence in the box. Can we get ourselves a new head coach with a bit of passion and emotion and keep Richo as head assistant ?

Probably no precedent in this area, but I would like to see us explore the option.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:Richo has the hallmarks of a good assistant coach and would be a very calming influence in the box. Can we get ourselves a new head coach with a bit of passion and emotion and keep Richo as head assistant ?

Probably no precedent in this area, but I would like to see us explore the option.
can't see a coach staying after a demotion.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "