If we win on Sunday

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kell
Club Player

Re: If we win on Sunday

If we win I there will be an inquiry into match fixing.

With no effective forward line this game and the foreseeable future is about small wins ie, Will some of the younger players develop; will Jake show some leadership in defence; will Sebby combine with Steven (Rossven) )to smoke Dangerwood etc.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

It will be awesome to win especially after Carlscum's loss and hopefully a Bummer loss too

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

I hope the boys win, but in reality, it already feels like the season is a write off.
Forward line of Paddy, Lonie, Acres, Billings, Gresham, Marshall

We struggled to win when we had Reiwoldt, an in form Bruce and Membrey.

Is a winning score likely?

Nee!
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

All those guys are capable if given reasonable delivery and clever positional play formations. We haven't had that for a while. There may be too much focus on "forward pressure" as an end in itself rather than scoring more than the opposition. Our defence can't keep sides to less than 60 points so obviously we need to score. Is there anything more lonely and drear than a Saints mid making a break into the forward line and seeing five defenders lined up to receive and no red white and black jersey within 50 metres of the arc, a la Crows game. The coaches need to be realistic about running capacity and how to enable composure.

congorozides
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote:
congorozides wrote:Geelong have 5 players with under 10 games and 8 with under 30.

This is one of the weakest Cats side we have seen in 15 years.

We should be a 50:50 chance.
I think it's six players with under ten games experience - and if your figures are correct and there is 8 players in that side with under 30 senior matches experience then there are no excuses for tomorrow. Using history as our guide, and with 57 points being our average losing margin since our last win at Kardinia Park in 1999, a win is highly unlikely, but we must be in this game up to our necks if tomorrow is not to be a disaster. I thought a loss by under 9 goals would be a reasonable result, but against an inexperienced team, we need to really challenge tomorrow. If we don't win but still take our chances and give 100% effort I will take that.
Agree.

At quick glance:

Cunico (1)
Esava (2)
Henry (2)
Kelly (3)
Fogarty (3)
Z Guthrie (12)
Parfitt (18)
Stewart (24)
---------
Gregson (32)
Menegola (33)

That is 10 players.

So while i am not saying we will win but we should be competitive. If we get blown away it is a disgrace.