LONIE

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

LONIE

...nuff said!!!

Look again it's the Flash!!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: LONIE

Though to be said hos stats and games last week were very good.

He by himself had almost as many stats including tackles as the rest of the forward line combined.

Now with the seniors, EFFORT has been lacking and so to have selections this week based on EFFORT makes sense.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Hope he plays a blinder, sticks a few inside 50 tackles for us and kicks a couple. as above, always gives us effort.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Well he's been kicking the door down to say the least. He got around thirty touches last week and had 8 scoring shots, I think he has demanded and deserved selection.

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

Linton Lodger wrote:Well he's been kicking the door down to say the least. He got around thirty touches last week and had 8 scoring shots, I think he has demanded and deserved selection.
...shame he didn’t f#%k his foot in the process!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Lonie, Long & Paddy all playing.

Exciting times ahead......

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

The Linton Street Flash wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:Well he's been kicking the door down to say the least. He got around thirty touches last week and had 8 scoring shots, I think he has demanded and deserved selection.
what a s*** comment to make. Regardless of what you think about his ability, he plays for our club, what kind of knob wishes injury on a player from a club that they supposedly support?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

All Paddy has to do is crash the packs.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I'm not a Lonie fan by any stretch. But if his form in the VFL justifies selection, then there's no reason for him not to. He can't do any worse than what has been on offer so far.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

:roll: :roll: Poor show mate.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:

:roll: :roll: Poor show mate.
Agreed.

I’m not Lonnie’s biggest fan by any means but he’s absolutely deserved his spot and the system is working as it should... guy plays seniors, isn’t good enough, dropped, works on his game and is rewarded for strong form.

Why the angst

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Give the kid a break. He's a better footballer than anyone has been on here I'm guessing. He is a Saints player. Get behind him whether you don't rate him or not or don't care. The 22 that runs out each week deserves your support. I hope Lonie suprises us all.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

What message does the coach send to the group if he does not reward form?

The kid is kicking goals and in the best couple each week in the twos, give him a shot.

Two goals, 20 touches and 6 tackles from Lonie this week.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Half decent player. Only problem is that he looks like an Under 16’s kid running around in the seniors.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Lonie just cant step up to AFL as we all know so it is a waste of time bringing him up instead of a future player. I hope he has a blinder but I have hoped that so many times before and been let down

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

BringBackMadDog wrote:
what a s*** comment to make. Regardless of what you think about his ability, he plays for our club, what kind of knob wishes injury on a player from a club that they supposedly support?
Hey buddy, I’ve got some news for you that might rblow your little mind ...you might wanna sit down..

You know, when someone says “kicking the door down” ... well, despite what you might think, there’s no actual door involved...?

Yep, that’s right, they mean a kind of metaphorical door, the kind of door that it would be quite impossible to injure your foot on.

Hence, when someone says “Shame he didn’t f&@k his foot in the process”, they are actually joking - unlike your good self, they were aware that there was no actual door involved.

Joking is something that people do to make light of a situation, for a laff - it’s a common practice in many parts of the world, and is linked into a character trait known as “a sense of humour”.

Next time you’re having a crap, consider this - if the door that keeps it all nice and private in the cubicle that you’re sitting in was one of these “metaphorical doors”, everyone would be able to see you wipe your bum.

Hope this helps you understand the difference.

Cheers :)

congorozides
Club Player

Watching tonight's game.
Jaidyn Stephenson is already better than Lonie and Paddy combined.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

congorozides wrote:Watching tonight's game.
Jaidyn Stephenson is already better than Lonie and Paddy combined.
So what if he is?

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

BringBackMadDog wrote:
Hey buddy, I’ve got some news for you that might rblow your little mind ...you might wanna sit down..

You know, when someone says “kicking the door down” ... well, despite what you might think, there’s no actual door involved...?

Yep, that’s right, they mean a kind of metaphorical door, the kind of door that it would be quite impossible to injure your foot on.

Hence, when someone says “Shame he didn’t f&@k his foot in the process”, they are actually joking - unlike your good self, they were aware that there was no actual door involved.

Joking is something that people do to make light of a situation, for a laff - it’s a common practice in many parts of the world, and is linked into a character trait known as “a sense of humour”.

Next time you’re having a crap, consider this - if the door that keeps it all nice and private in the cubicle that you’re sitting in was one of these “metaphorical doors”, everyone would be able to see you wipe your bum.

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

BringBackMadDog wrote:

ace
Saintsational Legend

When Paddy drops the mark we need someone to chase and catch Paddy's opponent as he runs off with the ball.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

ace wrote:When Paddy drops the mark we need someone to chase and catch Paddy's opponent as he runs off with the ball.
Exactly, yet despite this they play Lonie???

bigred
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:When Paddy drops the mark we need someone to chase and catch Paddy's opponent as he runs off with the ball.
Exactly, yet despite this they play Lonie???
indeed.

This is his fourth year with us.

He has had a lot of chances. 17 games in his first year, 10 in his second and 12 last year.

For a small forward he averages 0.7 goals per game. He has kicked 28 goals, 39 behinds over the journey.

Stats indicate he averages 3 tackles per game. Yeah righto. Extremely lucky to still be on the list.

I just cant rate him at senior level. Absolutely kills it at VFL.. Kills it. Over and over. Just cannot make that jump.

I don't know what irks me more. Seeing him dominating for Sandy, or missing tackles for St.Kilda.

I was massive wrap for him in the first year, but I do not think I have ever been quite as triggered by a Saints player since Aaron Fiora.

He could come out and dominate... I wish he would.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

I get the frustration with Lonie, but at #41 in the 2014 draft he is already ahead to Wright and McKenzie who were both low 20's picks. At 21 he is far from a bust.

He can get the ball unlike the aforementioned two players and has earned his spot by performing at the lower level.
At the same age Sinclair was not established in the senior team.

It's break through time for Lonie.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Crossy66
Club Player

BringBackMadDog wrote:

Comedy can be subjective, even if it is in bad taste.
I think this one fits into the bad taste area which is likely to not be well received on a public forum.
Better to wish one of our players good luck as they try to resurrect their career and help us win.