Rooey & Joey

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Rooey & Joey

I heard on the radio today that Joey holds the record for most metres gained in the AFL since records were started for this stat in 2004.

And we all know that Rooey is the world record holder for most marks ever taken in the AFL/VFL.

With those two now gone it does leave a big hole in the team for both experience and metres gained/marks which maybe most of us didn't realise how big that hole would be.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rooey & Joey

Jacks Back wrote:I heard on the radio today that Joey holds the record for most metres gained in the AFL since records were started for this stat in 2004.

And we all know that Rooey is the world record holder for most marks ever taken in the AFL/VFL.

With those two now gone it does leave a big hole in the team for both experience and metres gained/marks which maybe most of us didn't realise how big that hole would be.
The why the heck retire Joey last year then? (Roo was cooked)

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.