Sandringham Rd 2- Vs Geelong- (Saints day in Geelong)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SuperDuper
Club Player

Re: Sandringham Rd 2- Vs Geelong- (Saints day in Geelong)

Linton Lodger wrote:I was there for the second half.... Does anyone know who wears No.68
for Sandy (one of ours)? He looked very good.
I think it is Barclay Miller, the New Zealand kid...according to the sportingpulse website it is...

Would be a nice bonus if he is good!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

St Kilda
State league affiliate: Sandringham (VFL)
This weekend: Geelong v Sandringham - Sunday, April 15, 1pm, GMHBA Stadium

David Armitage was best afield in Sandringham's 9.10 (64) to 9.8 (62) win at Geelong.

The Saints veteran, who was omitted after St Kilda was on the receiving end of consecutive thrashings by North Melbourne and Adelaide, picked up 31 possessions (18 contested) and laid four tackles.

Bailey Rice and Logan Austin both collected 20 disposals, Billy Longer was solid in the ruck and kicked a goal, and Maverick Weller gathered 14 touches and kicked a goal.

Emerging forward Josh Battle booted a goal, but had just the eight touches (all after half time)

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-15/aro ... -your-club

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

NOTHING sums up the current state of our football club than the fact that by 5am, the day after the game, there are still no details of the Sandy performance anywhere for supporters to digest.

There’s a halftime tweet with a few stats, a full time tweet with the goal kickers, but nothing else.

You think it might have occurred to someone at the club, that of the 40k people who’ve paid for memberships, a portion of those might want to get some kind of real-time analysis of the game? ...Nah, f&@k it, too hard!!!

...maybe it’s just me? I mean it’s not like they promised we’d have a stand-alone team by now or anything. Oh wait, hang on....

With each new Day, it gets harder and harder to see how this club is going to pull itself out of the sh&t!

Look again it's the Flash!!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Linton Street Flash wrote:NOTHING sums up the current state of our football club than the fact that by 5am, the day after the game, there are still no details of the Sandy performance anywhere for supporters to digest.

There’s a halftime tweet with a few stats, a full time tweet with the goal kickers, but nothing else.

You think it might have occurred to someone at the club, that of the 40k people who’ve paid for memberships, a portion of those might want to get some kind of real-time analysis of the game? ...Nah, f&@k it, too hard!!!

...maybe it’s just me? I mean it’s not like they promised we’d have a stand-alone team by now or anything. Oh wait, hang on....

With each new Day, it gets harder and harder to see how this club is going to pull itself out of the sh&t!

Geelong
Goal Kickers: S. Siggins, J. McLachlan, G. Miers, S. Crameri, J. Jones, W. Buzza, Z. Smith, L. Kiel, A. Black
Best Players: T. House, J. Thurlow, G. Horlin-Smith, W. Buzza, J. McLachlan, B. Reid
Sandringham
Goal Kickers: B. Bailey 2, N. Wright 2, T. Lamb, J. Haidon, M. Weller, B. Longer, J. Battle
Best Players: D. Joyce, D. Armitage, B. Longer, K. Answerth, D. Weickhardt, M. Cook

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

SuperDuper wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:I was there for the second half.... Does anyone know who wears No.68
for Sandy (one of ours)? He looked very good.
I think it is Barclay Miller, the New Zealand kid...according to the sportingpulse website it is...

Would be a nice bonus if he is good!
I think I was mistaken and was thinking No.78. That'd be Bailey Rice, come to think of it one passage of play that caught my eye, did remind me of his old man. He's got speed and he's a beautiful kick.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Drake Huggins wrote:I think we should reserve a rookie spot for Beau Bailey. Kicked two today, but I first noticed him last year. He reminded me of a skinny little, rat faced fellow called Stephen Milne who played for Essendope in the reserves GF against us in 1999. Beau needs to build up his strength, but he has a bit of X factor like the tiprat. Gets to where the ball is and knows how to finish. A bit of what we need, ATM.
Saw him on the telly a couple of times last year (so admittedly a very small sample size) and commented on him elsewhere. I admired how a kid that skinny was able to keep winning the footy against men. Just struck as that all too rare... a natural footballer. Give him a bit more size and... look out!

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
saynta
Saintsational Legend

I see that the Irish kid Joyce was BOG.

AND.

Billy gave Zac Smith a bath.

"St Kilda midfielder David Armitage has put his name up for an immediate recall to the AFL side following a standout performance in Sandringham’s two-point win over Geelong on Sunday.

Omitted from the senior side that faced the Cats, the 29-year-old was outstanding in the curtain-raiser to the main fixture, finishing with 34 disposals (22 contested), nine clearances and seven tackles.

Nathan Wright kicked two goals in what was a low-scoring affair in windy conditions, the Zebras casting aside a poor start to grab victory in the final minutes.

It was a late goal from experienced Saint Mav Weller that landed the killer blow, giving the Zebras an eight-point buffer before holding on for a thrilling finish. Weller finished with 25 disposals and five tackles, while Billy Longer posted 53 hit-outs to win the battle over Geelong’s Zac Smith.

Young spearhead Josh Battle provided one of the highlights of the day, launching a monster goal from well beyond the arc to keep the Zebras in touch during the third quarter.

Bailey Rice and Darragh Joyce impressed, the later showing enormous improvement as a hard-nosed defender.

Sandringham returns home to Trevor Barker Oval next Sunday to tackle Port Melbourne, with the Zebras aiming at a third consecutive win to start the season.

Young gun Hunter Clark sat out the match as the carry over emergency for the seniors."

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2018-04-1 ... for-zebras

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Highlights

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
AND.

On what basis?

Geelong shared the ruck between two players. StKilda just Longer. HOs 53 to Longer. 48 to Smith (27) and Abbot (21)

Longer had a massive 9 disposals and all of 1 mark.

Smith had 18 disposals and took 5 marks.

Both kicked one goal.

It sounds more like Billy went well in the HOs (but hardly gave anyone a bath in that department), but did little around the ground as per Groundhog Day.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saynta
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
saynta wrote:
AND.

On what basis?

Geelong shared the ruck between two players. StKilda just Longer. HOs 53 to Longer. 48 to Smith (27) and Abbot (21)

Both kicked one goal.

It sounds more like Billy went well in the HOs (but hardly gave anyone a bath in that department), but did little around the ground as per Groundhog Day.
If you say so.

stonecold
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:
saynta wrote:
AND.

On what basis?

Both kicked one goal.

As per usual, that was obviously his role, played it to a tee and was named 3rd best!!!!!

So, read into that what we like!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
saynta wrote:
AND.

On what basis?

Both kicked one goal.

So Billy contested every ruck contest for the whole day did he?

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Who is the long haired blonde bloke No. 23 up forward? He has some talent based on the highlights.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
stonecold
SS Life Member

parkeysainter wrote:Who is the long haired blonde bloke No. 23 up forward? He has some talent based on the highlights.
Lamb!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

stonecold wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:Who is the long haired blonde bloke No. 23 up forward? He has some talent based on the highlights.
Lamb!!!!!
Oh. Didn't even know he was at Sandy. Might be vying for a Saints rookie spot next year. Might be worth a punt if he has a good year.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
saynta
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:
stonecold wrote:
Lamb!!!!!
Oh. Didn't even know he was at Sandy. Might be vying for a Saints rookie spot next year. Might be worth a punt if he has a good year.

Should have been given a spot this year after doing his preseason with us.

But hey, the selectors know better.