Team v cats

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Re: Team v cats

st.byron wrote:
CURLY wrote:Be nice to be looked after by the AFL and not be playing this game at Geelong. I’d say we’d win this at Etihad and be 60/40 at the G. Just another leg up a majority of Vic clubs.
Seriously Curly, get some help for your persecution thing. 3 other Melbourne clubs play Geelong at Geelong. We’ve had 3 in a row at our home ground. It’s a Geelong home game. When was the last time we played down there?
When was the last time Collingwood played there and Tassie?

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Ape_Man wrote:Acres at full forward.

Is that the potential gun or the strategy?
You have to go in with a plan and some surprises. When is the last time one of our small forwards kicked 5 goals. Never thought I'd be saying this, but Buckley and Collingwood came up with a good forward strategy 2 weeks running. The fact that Collingwood have had 2 blokes that unexpectedly kicked 5 goals means they are at least going in with a plan.

Saints seem to be way too predictable. If I see them kicking it long to Paddy and if our little blokes aren't taking advantage of that in the first half, what is plan B? The better option would be to kick it to a target that is unexpected, and if that target is not leading or if the space in front of that target is being filled by the opposition, only then should we be bombing long to the talls

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
st.byron wrote:
CURLY wrote:Be nice to be looked after by the AFL and not be playing this game at Geelong. I’d say we’d win this at Etihad and be 60/40 at the G. Just another leg up a majority of Vic clubs.
Seriously Curly, get some help for your persecution thing. 3 other Melbourne clubs play Geelong at Geelong. We’ve had 3 in a row at our home ground. It’s a Geelong home game. When was the last time we played down there?
When was the last time Collingwood played there and Tassie?

Like it or lump it Collingwood get big crowds. No way they should play in Geelong or Tassie.

If Saints people attended or we were better performing on field we'd be afforded the same luxury too.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

So is battle in or out?

#1 Ryder fan
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

I understand Battle is out

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote:I understand Battle is out
Batted axed

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:Why the heck does Lonie get selected when we already have Gresham and Long?
my guess is we started the year with a plan to play more midfielders through the forward line as opposed to three small forwards, but now that hasn't worked we've outed a midfielder and put back in a small forward. inspiring stuff.

i don't think we're going to get a change of game plan on the whole, but just slightly different players trying to execute it.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
older saint
SS Life Member

Wonder with the forecast if we need 2 ruckmen? They have Stanley and Blicavs , surely with the wind and potential rain Marshall and Gilbert can compete and put in an extra runner as with Paddy, Marshall, Hickey we look slow and too tall if the weather is correct?

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:

You have to go in with a plan and some surprises. When is the last time one of our small forwards kicked 5 goals. Never thought I'd be saying this, but Buckley and Collingwood came up with a good forward strategy 2 weeks running. The fact that Collingwood have had 2 blokes that unexpectedly kicked 5 goals means they are at least going in with a plan.

Saints seem to be way too predictable. If I see them kicking it long to Paddy and if our little blokes aren't taking advantage of that in the first half, what is plan B? The better option would be to kick it to a target that is unexpected, and if that target is not leading or if the space in front of that target is being filled by the opposition, only then should we be bombing long to the talls
Gresham kicked 5 against tigers 4 rounds ago

congorozides
Club Player

Jacks Back wrote:
Battle axed
:D

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

congorozides wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:
Battle axed
:D
He might be a bit Jacked off

Seeya
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

No change to either side.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
footynut
Club Player

its wet should of left hickey out for another small

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I think we are going to be on today.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

F*** me. Billings did everything right. Head over the ball. Then for some reason handballed to a cat in the clear.

Ape_Man
Club Player

Scollop wrote:

It seems it was the strategy. Acres of space inside 50 with no one to kick to.

I don’t see the point of playing a tall forward line if we are going to push said talls beyond 50 so often.

If Richo wants to play with a vacant forward 50 he needs to pick a quicker team.

Saying that, I thought Paddy took some great steps forward today. The grab he took that was touched will be massive for his confidence. The marks are coming, hopefully the goals will follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk