New ticket backed with big dollars

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: New ticket backed with big dollars

Scollop wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:
saynta wrote:I think the Maddie's match proved that the level of performance equates to what's going on above the shoulders.
This!!!

(And for anyone who wants further proof, look at our side in 1998, or 2011... or just look at how a very very ordinary list wearing yellow and black are going.)
Am I reading this right? You don't rate Rance and Jack Riewoldt- you'd rather Carlisle and Paddy. It doesn't matter how switched on Seb Ross or Luke Dunstan are...they can't match the output and consistency and desire and talent of Martin and Cotchin. Get real. Who would you rather have in your team? Houli and Ellis or Savage and Newnes? The grunt and hardness of Richmond including Graham and Towsend plus the mosquito fleet in their forward line would do me just fine. They still have Daniel Rioli on the sidelines too.

Be objective with how you rate our guys. If they'd achieved half as much as some of the guys on Richmond's list maybe you'd have a case. When you start comparing their list with ours, you'll actually start seeing that our guys only get a game in a senior AFL team because our recruiters were dumb enough to choose them
Yep, Scol', you're reading it right. :)

Carlisle and Rance - not much in it IMHO. And Rance (to date) can't be swung forward to kick a bag of goals.
Jack R is on the serious decline. Bruce if fit and firing would be pretty close to today's Jack. Actually, better I reckon.
Cotchin and Jack Steven - I'm quite happy with our boy.
Martin. We have no Martin. (Though watch the space marked 'BAcres'. :D ) And we also don't have $1.5 million of our salary cap tied up in just one bloke. :idea:
Houli is a battler... at best. The fact that a plodder like Bashar, who did nothing for year after year when the Tuggers were a struggling mob, suddenly fronts up and plays such a great GF... tells me that they are playing out of their skins. (Forgive the pun. :oops: )
Townsend is good. (Just now needs to prove that he can maintain the standard.)
Rioli is good, and will get much better.

The rest...? Nothing exciting there. The weakest premiership team since... I can't think of one. :?

That said, good on 'em for pinching one. (Like the Poodle before 'em.) Flags don't go to the best team - sadly, as we'd have several more. :( They go to whoever is in front at the final siren on GF day. So well done to 'em.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen: