Dare Sainter of the week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Dare Sainter of the week

http://m.saints.com.au/video/2018-04-09 ... unstan-rd3

Good vid and should have been in the team Rd 1. He turned over Sloane.

Glad Dunny and Acres are coming good. Along with Billings (despite not the best game v the Crows) we did well in that draft looking back now.

If these 3 guys can take it up just a couple more notches like they are and beyond then its big for the starting 18. Potential A graders all 3 of them.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
nw7
Club Player

Re: Dare Sainter of the week

Why why why was he not playing round 1 and 2. He was really good late last season and played well in JLT. Richo said he needed to earn his spot. Typical
Last edited by nw7 on Mon 09 Apr 2018 9:24pm, edited 1 time in total.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

nw7 wrote:Why why why was he not playing round 1 and 2. He was really good late last season and played well in JLT. Richo saod he needed to earn his spot. Typical
Too late now I guess. Just glad he's in the engine room now.

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
saint-stu
Club Player

nw7 wrote:Why why why was he not playing round 1 and 2. He was really good late last season and played well in JLT. Richo said he needed to earn his spot. Typical
It sure is weird. He was really coming good in the back half of last year. Once of our best clearance mids and we got smashed in that area in first two games.

1ac46a38
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

nw7 wrote:Why why why was he not playing round 1 and 2. He was really good late last season and played well in JLT. Richo said he needed to earn his spot. Typical
richo has no clue and no imagination

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Parkey. Are you paid by the club or do you just like to spin all this club marketing BS for free?
Honest question.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

6 clangers outta 30.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:6 clangers outta 30.
that was ross.
dunstan had 3 - and a disposal efficiency of 83%.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
freely
SS Hall of Fame

Jacks Back wrote:
richo has no clue and no imagination
Although I seem to remember last year everyone on here was saying why, why, why is Dunstan getting a game every week? - Richo has no clue and no imagination! (Actually I think it was a bit grosser - more along the lines of Richo loves looking at his muscly little legs or some homophobic comment or other that I've happily now forgotten.)

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:Parkey. Are you paid by the club or do you just like to spin all this club marketing BS for free?
Honest question.
What is BS about Dunny getting 30 touches at 83%, 10 contested possies and turning over an A grade midfielder in Sloane that played in a GF last year? Then highlghting we had a good draft in the year we also got Acres and Billings?

Dunny got the Dare Sainter of the week. Good on him.

Yes. I also meet Finnis and Lethlean at a strip club every Sunday night. They pay me in strippers and beers! My favourite strippers are named Coco and Fantasia by the way.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Well done Luke.

The reason he gets dropped, as I see it, is that he goes missing at times. Seems to look lost for ten minutes or so.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
DJ Higgins
Club Player

Not a lot of competition last week but well done all the same and he will keep his spot this week. Shame that a player that comes and goes in our team is our best player. Problem with Luke is he has a great game, then a average to good game, then a bad game and gets dropped. Fires up in VFL and the cycle repeats, if only he was consistent

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Dunstan was our only clear winner last week and was Saints BOG by the length of the straight.
Well deserved Dare player of the week.

What I find interesting is the following:

- Coach didn't rate him (Dunstan) worth a match in round 1 & 2
- But proceeded to throw him into the first centre bounce against the Crows best mid

How can he be not rated in the best 22 then be starting mid given the biggest role the next week?
What message was trying to be given week 1 & 2? Would love to understand this as work ethic has never been an issue with Luke to the best of my knowledge.
Running was an issue but he has improved his tank and does not go missing mid game like he did previously.
He appeared to have cemented himself in the midfield in the last 6 or 7 games of last season.

More perplexing was the selection of Nate Wright to replace skunk.
I love his endevour and heart, but has shown very little to suggest he is an AFL player and based on form Lonie or Battle appear to have been performing better at VFL level. Battle being the closest like for like seemed the obvious pick.

Fact is no player who is not getting a game is going to be the difference between a win and a loss when we are getting thumped, but surely the players need consistency and reward for form at the lower level.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: More perplexing was the selection of Nate Wright to replace skunk.
I love his endevour and heart, but has shown very little to suggest he is an AFL player and based on form Lonie or Battle appear to have been performing better at VFL level. Battle being the closest like for like seemed the obvious pick.
It's only a guess on my behalf, but maybe the coaching panel viewed Membrey's injury as an opportunity to see how we go with 1 recognized 'tall' less in our forward line?
I will not be surprised to see Wright out and either Hickey/Longer replacing him to see us structure up with 2 tall forwards and a resting ruck, Hickey could not have been selected on form last week but given that he's apparently played a good game for Sandringham then he is probably a better option to come into the side (against Geelong) than Longer (if available)
Hickey at least can be a presence in the forward line as a marking option when resting from the ruck.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote: More perplexing was the selection of Nate Wright to replace skunk.
It's only a guess on my behalf, but maybe the coaching panel viewed Membrey's injury as an opportunity to see how we go with 1 recognized 'tall' less in our forward line?
I will not be surprised to see Wright out and either Hickey/Longer replacing him to see us structure up with 2 tall forwards and a resting ruck, Hickey could not have been selected on form last week but given that he's apparently played a good game for Sandringham then he is probably a better option to come into the side (against Geelong) than Longer (if available)
Hickey at least can be a presence in the forward line as a marking option when resting from the ruck.
Do we need two rucks against Geelong?
I hope they don't go with either of those two as I'd like to see Marshall given an extended run, but I tend to agree with you and think they may go that way, the safe option.

Hopefully they give Battle & Lonie a shot next week and reward their good form in the VFL.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Do we need two rucks against Geelong?
I hope they don't go with either of those two as I'd like to see Marshall given an extended run, but I tend to agree with you and think they may go that way, the safe option.

Hopefully they give Battle & Lonie a shot next week and reward their good form in the VFL.
Who knows what we need???????
I do know what we've been doing hasn't worked all that well.
If we play Marshall & Hickey then there is no need for Bruce to ruck
and
both Marshall and Hickey can 'rest' forward and provide a headache for Geelong's defence as both are capable of taking a contested mark. Especially since Geelong seems to be short on key defenders atm.

As far as Battle and Lonie are concerned, I don't think they're in contention for a spot in the team instead of a ruckman.
I would think that Lonie is vying with Long and Sinclair for a fp/wing spot
Battle is vying with McCartin/Bruce for a key forward spot.

So I would not be surprised to see Wright and Long out for Hickey and Lonie
Unless Steele comes back in and Billings plays more forward, in which case there is no recall for Lonie.
Then again, after Armo's last 2 games I wouldn't be unhappy seeing him replaced by Steele.

Lots of selection quandaries this week.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

this vid shows how gutted dunstan was after that loss.
http://www.saints.com.au/video/2018-04- ... ay-round-3

i also remember last year many jumping on him, bigmart called him useless, not many defended him.
he's been great for us and is our best young mid and always has been. hence he's been in from day one where others have developed at sandy. crueled by a hard inside job from day one and until last year never given time at sandy, straight back in the middle to hold up the ball, even returning from injury. finally gets to work on his game and restore lost confidence at sandy and started showing again how important he will be in the last third of the season. he is never going to be flashy or fast, but he has brains, guts, and ability. he'll have the occassional poor game again, who doesn't, but the guy is just a genuine footballer and a real potential leader of the club. let's hope the crows or port don't come calling.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "