The team look cooked

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint wagga
Club Player

The team look cooked

I fear our players are cooked after 2 seasons of this ridiculous ‘manic pressure’ style of play. Young group with not enough really good players evenly spread across the paddock. I know Richo has had 4 seasons but it’s really the last 2 where the intensity/expectation has gone up and our players are drowning in their own bathwater having read all these predictions of steady improvement, players going to the next level bla bla...

How have we butchered it so badly...mid 2016 we had a ‘young’ ruckman probably top 6 rucks in the comp that year, now, (and I really liked Marshall’s game last night and he looks a really exciting prospect), but we’ve gone back wards in that department now behind we’re we were then.

Our 3 young forwards...Bruce, membrey and mccartin have all looked fumbly as all hell this year and not even looking like taking a bag. And those bemoaning membrey’s absence last night, he was one of the worst against north and average against the lions.

Our fleet of small forwards...They are so far behind most other clubs it’s not funny. Lonnie is far and away the most likely looking based on his ability to dominate at vfl level and be ok at afl level but he’s now behind Long (who has just done nothing and looks a long way off afl standard, why is he picked of producing nothing at vfl level, hasn’t earnt it all all, baffling), Wright, see above. Weller, should of come in barring injury and if back to 2016 form will help us be a better team. Minch, not going to be a star.

I like listening to Mathew Richardson commentate because he is really honest, not reactionary and seems very encouraging and realistic...his appraisal of big paddy mac makes me less worried about him making it given time experience and a bit more patience.

By playing wright and Long, we are basically playing with 16 on the field, no joke that is how un-influential they are. Sounds harsh I know but it’s just calling a spade a f***** shovel.

Dunstan not picked for 2 rds, ridiculous! Acres dropped countless times over the last 3 years, ridiculous! So many baffling selections The last season and a bit, it’s almost back to as bad as the Watters years!!! I’m just disillusioned right now!

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Re: The team look cooked

If you think we are playing with 16 on the field with Wright and Long, then we must really be playing with 14 on the field with McCartin and Bruce.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
sainters85
Club Player

they're picked based on their draft pick number. Hence why billings has been dropped the least compared the trio including dunstan acres.. though I reckon acres will end up being the best of that trio

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

stick a fork in them...

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Wayne42 wrote:If you think we are playing with 16 on the field with Wright and Long, then we must really be playing with 14 on the field with McCartin and Bruce.
If you think we are playing with 14 on the field with McCartin & Bruce, then we must really be playing with 12 on the field with Nathan Brown and Bill Longer.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Saint wagga wrote:I fear our players are cooked after 2 seasons of this ridiculous ‘manic pressure’ style of play. Young group with not enough really good players evenly spread across the paddock. I know Richo has had 4 seasons but it’s really the last 2 where the intensity/expectation has gone up and our players are drowning in their own bathwater having read all these predictions of steady improvement, players going to the next level bla bla...

How have we butchered it so badly...mid 2016 we had a ‘young’ ruckman probably top 6 rucks in the comp that year, now, (and I really liked Marshall’s game last night and he looks a really exciting prospect), but we’ve gone back wards in that department now behind we’re we were then.

Our 3 young forwards...Bruce, membrey and mccartin have all looked fumbly as all hell this year and not even looking like taking a bag. And those bemoaning membrey’s absence last night, he was one of the worst against north and average against the lions.

Our fleet of small forwards...They are so far behind most other clubs it’s not funny. Lonnie is far and away the most likely looking based on his ability to dominate at vfl level and be ok at afl level but he’s now behind Long (who has just done nothing and looks a long way off afl standard, why is he picked of producing nothing at vfl level, hasn’t earnt it all all, baffling), Wright, see above. Weller, should of come in barring injury and if back to 2016 form will help us be a better team. Minch, not going to be a star.

I like listening to Mathew Richardson commentate because he is really honest, not reactionary and seems very encouraging and realistic...his appraisal of big paddy mac makes me less worried about him making it given time experience and a bit more patience.

By playing wright and Long, we are basically playing with 16 on the field, no joke that is how un-influential they are. Sounds harsh I know but it’s just calling a spade a f***** shovel.

Dunstan not picked for 2 rds, ridiculous! Acres dropped countless times over the last 3 years, ridiculous! So many baffling selections The last season and a bit, it’s almost back to as bad as the Watters years!!! I’m just disillusioned right now!
Richo is gone now IMO if intelligent and well educated posters like yourself are saying the bleeding obvious like this. I have to agree with your Watters call and how the players have lost trust and confidence in our coach. It’s panned out in a different way but similar outcome. Problem is our young guns don’t have the runs on the board and respect from the board as a result like the “old group” had by virtue of nearly winning 2 flags.

Who from the current group will make stand and stop the rot?

Armo is one of our oldest players and he looks like a shell of what he was. Gilbo hasn’t been selected. It’s Richo’s way or the highway. But Highway Richo is the Highway to Hell!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.