Positive Steps... but further changes needed

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

footynut
Club Player

Positive Steps... but further changes needed

Firstly I'll say well done to the selection committee for choosing Marshall, White, Dunstan, Coffield & Sinclair. Despite Marshall running out of puff he grabbed hold of his opportunity and made a claim to be our number 1 ruck (great 2nd game). It was great to have a mobile big man with good skills who has a dip! Dunstan had good number and continued on from the end of last year. Coffield look composed and demonstrated his speed & skills. And despite White not getting huge stats & showed that he needs to continue to develop his defensive game (decision making), he demonstrated the benefit of having backmen will elite kicking skills. And well Sinclair demonstrated what we all expect in that first quarter.

However these players made it even more evident that a few more players need to be dropped!

Armo looks over weight, needs to do an extra mini preseason to shed some kg's. He also kicked in hope to many times to mention.

Nathan Wright's should never get a game again, his decision making & skills are appalling and he doesn't rake up enough of the ball to justify a place. - may as well play another tall to relieve i the ruck.

And despite having decent numbers Newnes must told to clean up his skills! And I'm still concerned about Paddy although think we should continue to play him - could he relieve in the ruck? He's big.