Movement into the forward line

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

supersaints
Club Player

Movement into the forward line

Nathan Brown stated that our coach was wrong during his presser in saying the forward line wasn't functioning..and Brown said it wasn't the forwards fault but the game plan in going out wide

Brown showed on the video , five instances where players moved to the right position but the ball was kicked out wide toward the pockets . Dispite is there being better options
This going out wide (instead of using the corridor) is exactly what Buckley has done his whole coaching carrear and it does not work and has not worked since Malthouse used it ...

If this is part of our game plan , I'll finally admit that AR should get the SE

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Movement into the forward line

From what I can see... whether it's the forwards positioning/skills, or the delivery, the forward structure is simply not working.

As it stands the plan has been to have 3 marking forwards to either mark or clear out and let the mids do their thing.

Sometimes Bruce is up the ground, sometimes Paddy.

Gresh and Billings are struggling atm to get near it, Acres looks like the best of the lot of them.

To put it simply, they need to restructure this.

Drake Huggins
Club Player

Over to you coaches.put your CV in, skeptic. You see what they can't. It's so obvious it's absurd. How can so called professionals miss it and a horde of amateurs can. Just dumb, saints.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

We had more inside 50s than them but were thumped by eight goals, so clearly it’s not working.

If I was one of our hard-working midfielders, the marking targets other than Membrey wouldn’t fill me with a lot of confidence either on current form.

We’re often beaten on the counterpunch, our opponent moving it seamlessly out of our crowded forward line into their wide open one.

We need better structure and I fear better cattle, unless Paddy somehow miraculously turns the corner.

Has the club said anything yet about Membrey’s injury?

bigred
Saintsational Legend

The delivery is as bad as I have EVER seen it.

It really is terrible.

Terrible.

We don't have a problem getting the ball and we don't have a massive issue moving it.

Those last two kicks are just deplorable.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....