Richo Press Conference - "Positive"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

congorozides
Club Player

Richo Press Conference - "Positive"

MY GOD
Has anyone seen this?
Mr "Positive" is absolutely delusional. I have never seen more cognitive dissonance from an AFL level coach.
He claimed Brisbane are a gun side and we were in great form to beat them.
He then claimed our game last night was mainly 'positive'.
He used the word 'positive' about ten times.

He is seriously living in a parallel universe.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2018-04-07/ ... tch-saints

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Richo Press Conference - "Positive"

pleasing

dragit
Saintsational Legend

54 inside 50's for 7 goals.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

I posted last week that I "hope we get pumped" by the crows.
Because the club admin and board will realise the extent of the problems
and take steps to yell at Richo and the other coaches
instead of believing his Fairy Dust and Rainbows New Age crap.
80% of posters on here are in denial and believe everything is lovely and rosey
same as the moronic misguided coaches, board and admin at the club.

NFI.

Until they realise there are big problems, we will keep losing big-time.
Need to address the issues and do something about improvements, rather than "we had a big talk and the players are committed"

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

dragit wrote:54 inside 50's for 7 goals.
Good point, you would usually be happy with 54 Inside 50's.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:I posted last week that I "hope we get pumped" by the crows.

NFI.

Need to address the issues and do something about improvements, rather than "we had a big talk and the players are committed"
I don't like how Dumbo (Richo) says he is ignoring the Norf game, it wasn't an aberration, it was a true indication.

The guy is a moron when he is under the pump.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
older saint
SS Life Member

In fairness what message does it send to sponsors/ supporters etc if he comes out and says what he does behind closed doors.
We are crap , skills sub AFL standard of half the players, some guys living off reputations, cant see us wining a game in thew next month.

While the rainbows being painted publicly pisses off many supporters, including myself at time, coaches when put in front of the media get reminded of messages from media manager about the club. Richo doesn't have the runs on the board Clarko, Scott, even Bevo have to say what they really think and get away with it.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

congorozides wrote:MY GOD
Has anyone seen this?
Mr "Positive" is absolutely delusional. I have never seen more cognitive dissonance from an AFL level coach.

Mate we all must be in parrallel universes, because it appears we watched different Pressers, despite the fact that there was only one!

He didn't claim Brisbane were a 'gun' side, he said they'd been good, which they have.

He didn't say our form was 'great' in beating them, rather indicated that our win was underestimated, which is true. Brisbane ran Melbourne closer than they ran us and then they get within a kick of Port in Adelaide.

He did not claim our game was positive yesterday, he said aspects of the first half were, which is true. His general assessment of our performance was that it was poor.

Stop embellishing facts.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

All stats and measured analysis. Would the players go into battle for him on that basis? Don’t reckon. Where’s his mongrel? His nuts?

congorozides
Club Player

older saint wrote: Richo doesn't have the runs on the board Clarko, Scott, even Bevo have to say what they really think and get away with it.

Yes because his coaching winning % is 37%.

congorozides
Club Player

Linton Lodger wrote:
congorozides wrote:MY GOD
Has anyone seen this?

Mate we all must be in parrallel universes, because it appears we watched different Pressers, despite the fact that there was only one!

He didn't claim Brisbane were a 'gun' side, he said they'd been good, which they have.

He didn't say our form was 'great' in beating them, rather indicated that our win was underestimated, which is true. Brisbane ran Melbourne closer than they ran us and then they get within a kick of Port in Adelaide.

He did not claim our game was positive yesterday, he said aspects of the first half were, which is true. His general assessment of our performance was that it was poor.

Stop embellishing facts.

Ok lets talk facts.

Richos career coaching win record = 37 %

Will be the first AFL coach since Robert Shaw (Fitzroy, Adelaide) to make 100 games coached without making finals.

Facts.

portosaint
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote:I posted last week that I "hope we get pumped" by the crows.

NFI.

I'm not sure anyone believes everything is "lovely and rosey"

the dome
Club Player

Glad Ben Long is settling in

AR's general assessment of our performance against the Crows was that it was poor.
For me the most glaring ingredient of this poor performance was the bludgeoning of the Sherrin when inside forward 50.
That stat of 54 inside 50s is not a negative. A fair ammount of effort was generated to get the Sherrin into our forward zone. They brought the effort but the silk is not being cut cleanly.
The next step: Kicking true has now morphed into a critical challenge in the eyes of many Saints fans including myself.
Spending the rest of the week with the spectre of all those points tormenting us is a burden we could do without.
In spite of the negatives I enjoyed seeing Long making plenty of positive plays last night. Well done to Marshall as well, like Long he determined to impose himself on the game & did so successfully.
Last night's Sainters didn't look that lacking on the inside pressure game.
However the spread & run into good position that also involves vision, timing & accurate delivery could get better.
AR & the players would know this but making it work in tandem with the Saints pressure game may take some time as these younger Saints get better acquainted with each other & are able to get on the same page as each other at will. The Crows being a Grand Final side demonstrated their clean structures all night which has taken they so close to a premiership. Our Sainters look like they need a lot more practice honing away at those team structures of when to move, where to move to & when to lock in the Sherrin.

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

the dome wrote:AR's general assessment of our performance against the Crows was that it was poor.
For me the most glaring ingredient of this poor performance was the bludgeoning of the Sherrin when inside forward 50.
That stat of 54 inside 50s is not a negative. A fair ammount of effort was generated to get the Sherrin into our forward zone. They brought the effort but the silk is not being cut cleanly.
The next step: Kicking true has now morphed into a critical challenge in the eyes of many Saints fans including myself.
Spending the rest of the week with the spectre of all those points tormenting us is a burden we could do without.
In spite of the negatives I enjoyed seeing Long making plenty of positive plays last night. Well done to Marshall as well, like Long he determined to impose himself on the game & did so successfully.
However the spread & run into good position that also involves vision, timing & accurate delivery could get better.
AR & the players would know this but making it work in tandem with the Saints pressure game may take some time as these younger Saints get better acquainted with each other & are able to get on the same page as each other at will. The Crows being a Grand Final side demonstrated their clean structures all night which has taken they so close to a premiership. Our Sainters look like they need a lot more practice honing away at those team structures of when to move, where to move to & when to lock in the Sherrin.
Well said.

And I watched the same video and came away with an entirely different impression to the OP.

Clearly we have to highlight those (small) upsides (Marshall, Coffield) etc, but I hardly saw Richo giving unqualified praise even to them.

He looked flat, which is what I’d expect. Maybe he doesn’t have any answers (and I hope he proves me wrong), but I’d hardly expect him to chuck it in a post match members’ video in round 3.

Always loyal
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Did he say?

“Oh, Paddy. He’ll be a real beauty”.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
suss
Club Player

Re: Richo Press Conference -

SemperFidelis wrote:
the dome wrote:AR's general assessment of our performance against the Crows was that it was poor.
Well said.

And I watched the same video and came away with an entirely different impression to the OP.

Clearly we have to highlight those (small) upsides (Marshall, Coffield) etc, but I hardly saw Richo giving unqualified praise even to them.

He looked flat, which is what I’d expect. Maybe he doesn’t have any answers (and I hope he proves me wrong), but I’d hardly expect him to chuck it in a post match members’ video in round 3.
+1

Poor game in some respects but the crows can play. A totally different proposition to the North fiasco where we were putrid in all aspects of the game.

Drake Huggins
Club Player

Re: Richo Press Conference -

suss wrote:
SemperFidelis wrote:
Well said.

+1

Poor game in some respects but the crows can play. A totally different proposition to the North fiasco where we were putrid in all aspects of the game.
But Norf can't. We are the worst team in the competition atm. You must be TMBK himself. SF, you must be on the board and your kind is part of the problem. How can you justify this crap after five years?

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
Drake Huggins
Club Player

TMBK is a lemon. Five years without finals or hope of same is the evidence. Wake up folks. He is a lemon. Not up to it and never will be. Tied to us for another three years. Only at Moorabbin. s*** administration, s*** coaches, s*** recruiters. What do you expect?

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
takeaway
Club Player

Thought the press conference was fair enough. Poor 3rd Quarter, and for efficient ball use, especially in the forward half, we were smashed. However, controlled a lot of the play, particularly in the first half, and really should have been in front at half time.
Really need to sort out the forward movements, still missing that big blond fella running everywhere demanding the ball. Forwards seemed to lead well, but too often were ignored or the kick was stuffed up. Roo used to get aggro if he was in the clear and ignored, perhaps our fellas need to get a bit aggro as well. We seem to be a bit manic, need to develop a bit of poise, which comes with confidence. That means a win or two, which is looking a bit difficult for the next few matches.

Was a big improvement on last week.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Still unbelievable that we have become such a rabble- the JLT said it all for me, and sure enough it has gotten worse. No amount of crisis meetings between players and coach behind closed doors will fix this mess. I just feel that too many have lost their way under pressure, on and off the field. I am transported back to the bad old days of '70s and '80s with this kind of stuff- and I never thought I would see that again after we started hitting our straps as a club around 2004 and went on to numerous finals in following years.

Under the guidance of Sumner and the board, we have hit a brick wall as a club and become mediocre. While it looks like Richo is just plainly out of his league as a senior coach, I think some of this anger from supporters needs to be directed to the top.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

AR NEEDS to STOP this euphamisitic looking for “positives” bulls***.
Just stop it man!
Show some god damn balls. Some leadership,something. FFS is the guy even lucid and aware of what’s happening?
Sometimes you need to publicly tear strips off the team. This is one of those times.
Get hard,get real, or get out!

stonecold
SS Life Member

Drake Huggins wrote:TMBK is a lemon. Five years without finals or hope of same is the evidence. Wake up folks. He is a lemon. Not up to it and never will be. Tied to us for another three years. Only at Moorabbin. s*** administration, s*** coaches, s*** recruiters. What do you expect?
Constant Trolling of the Club, will it ever stop?????

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯