Between the ears

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Barometer
Club Player

Between the ears

We have a massive problem. It’s affecting the cattle but surely on weight of averages we can’t be drafting consistently to produce this. How does our coaching team turn this around? Can they turn it around? I feel like we are almost almost almost. If it clicks and we play with confidence we could be amazing, can Richo make us click or do we need a new coach?

congorozides
Club Player

Re: Between the ears

The Barometer wrote:We have a massive problem. It’s affecting the cattle but surely on weight of averages we can’t be drafting consistently to produce this. How does our coaching team turn this around? Can they turn it around? I feel like we are almost almost almost. If it clicks and we play with confidence we could be amazing, can Richo make us click or do we need a new coach?

We are not almost.
We are absolutely miles off.

The Barometer
Club Player

congorozides wrote:
The Barometer wrote:We have a massive problem. It’s affecting the cattle but surely on weight of averages we can’t be drafting consistently to produce this. How does our coaching team turn this around? Can they turn it around? I feel like we are almost almost almost. If it clicks and we play with confidence we could be amazing, can Richo make us click or do we need a new coach?

We are not almost.
That’s why I said almost almost almost.

The Barometer
Club Player

congorozides wrote:

We are not almost.
That’s why I said almost almost almost.
To many facets of our game we don’t get there and I don’t this under this regime we will.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Players are bereft of knowledge of what to do.

This get back to the coaches.

Ie. Crows look like winning the ball and their players spread to get options on space

With the Saints we do not do this at all.

We are playing park footy against well drilled teams who even if they ate off their game will still win as they follow their drils.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sun 08 Apr 2018 1:38am, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintkev
Club Player

The disgracefully poor attitude of Carlisle spread like an epidemic through the team. Will Richardson have tlhe courage to tackle this man and his dummy spits? Allowing him to sulk sends a message to his team-mates that the coach is weak. If it's not nipped in the bud, we're doomed!

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

saintkev wrote:The disgracefully poor attitude of Carlisle spread like an epidemic through the team. Will Richardson have tlhe courage to tackle this man and his dummy spits? Allowing him to sulk sends a message to his team-mates that the coach is weak. If it's not nipped in the bud, we're doomed!
Bulldust. The previous captain had been doing that for 4 out of the last 6 years. It was in Nick's nature. Carlisle can hold his head up high and headed towards a top 3 finish in our B and F. As captain Rooy took a while to realise it wasn't the best thing to do when you are trying to blood new talent, but he was getting frustrated as you can understand. Jake is passionate and I love that obout him.

When you see your team mates butcher the football continuously and you work your butt off to get to the right spots on the ground you have a right to demand that the football is kicked to your advantage. If you want to put up with mediocrity and accept it then how the hell will you ever win a game of footy?

brewski
Club Player

saintkev wrote:The disgracefully poor attitude of Carlisle spread like an epidemic through the team. Will Richardson have tlhe courage to tackle this man and his dummy spits? Allowing him to sulk sends a message to his team-mates that the coach is weak. If it's not nipped in the bud, we're doomed!
You're kidding man, we need players that will stand up and be strong, our leadership group is meek and there is no accountability or voice, in recent times Roo and BJ would remonstrate with players on-field and fans thought that was ok because they were passionate about the club, well i think Carlisle is the same and his frustrated, this little bit of mongrel is what we need.

i rarely ever watch games that saints not playing in but watched hawthorn and geelong coz i was ill, two things i noticed is that the hawthorn players work for each other and the James Sicily is a mongrel and i loved it, wish he was in in saints jumper we need players with passion that wear their heart on there sleeve.

As far as weakness i would say the St Kilda board firstly for extending AR's contract and secondly Richo himself for not having a game plan, our players seem timid like they are scared to excel.

Positives though, love Coffield, Acres will be elite in a year and Marshall should be our first pick ruck

Banned by the censors
portosaint
Club Player

Tex isn't afraid to give his team mates a squirt. And they respect the sh*t out of him. Have to admire Jakes passion.

Maybe he just needs to wait until the footy isn't there to be won