Billings

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

takeaway
Club Player

Re: Billings

parkeysainter wrote:Bloody hell this joint is odd.

Post Rd 1 Billings was on the verge of A grade and post Rd 3 he is now tradeable in the space of 2 weeks.
2 years ago he was a dud and this year he is becoming a superstar also.

f*** me drunk. Billings is only 22 or 23 and is a good B grade player at the moment. He clearly has the potential to slip into the A grade bracket or somewhere in between A and B. You don't get rid of a guy in his age bracket that can play footy. He had an ordinary game this week. Stiff s***. He went up against a top 3 defence in the league. He will have plenty more stinkers across his career but alot more better ones. Still averaging 22 possies a game.
+1

Odd and in a way entertaining. If the club had the attitude of some posters on here we would ceased to exist some time ago.

congorozides
Club Player

Billings is probably the least of our worries.
But by golly we have some worries.

From the back line
Geary - a worry - cant kick. slow.
Brown - a worry - cant run
Webster - a worry - cant stay on his feet
Savage - makes bad decisions
Roberton - makes bad decisions. dodgy kicking.
Carlisle - great mark.
Sinclair - i like him.
Ross - Great last year. totally off his tucker this year. Not sure what the problem is?
Newnes - makes poor decisions. not quick. dodgy kicking at times.
Steven - good. not an elite kick though.
Rucks - problems there.
Armo - cooked.
Billings - ok.
Bruce - off his tucker big time.
Gresham - not sure yet.
McCartin - serious worries here
Long - not sure yet.
Acres - good.
Dunstan - good.
Coffield - good already but he must be spewing he was drafted by us
Clark - will be good
Everyone else - worries

Drake Huggins
Club Player

You're right congorozides. PS is one of our our most notorious blueskyers. Peopl like him are a part of out problem.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Billings like Dal is marked pretty hard when he has a down game.
They both look like they're cruising as they have a more efficient running style.
A few more tackles that stick would be nice particularly when both Jack and the team are struggling!

ChrisRyanSaints
Club Player

Post Rd 1 Billings was on the verge of A grade and post Rd 3 he is now tradeable in the space of 2 weeks.

f*** me drunk. Billings is only 22 or 23 and is a good B grade player at the moment. He clearly has the potential to slip into the A grade bracket or somewhere in between A and B. You don't get rid of a guy in his age bracket that can play footy. He had an ordinary game this week. Stiff s***. He went up against a top 3 defence in the league. He will have plenty more stinkers across his career but alot more better ones. Still averaging 22 possies a game.
True. But if he wants out he wants out.
And for 2 picks in thia superdraft it would be ok. We are heavy kn forwards light on mids.
If we could get another two top 10 mids that would be great.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

takeaway wrote:

+1

Odd and in a way entertaining. If the club had the attitude of some posters on here we would ceased to exist some time ago.
Agreed. Its a very good place to visit for your daily dose of comedy. Especially after a loss or if the Saints aren't going well. Odd and funny all rolled into one. I can't even take 50-75% of the threads or posters seriously.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
bigred
Saintsational Legend

I know what his issue is.

He needs to nut up and be a man.

Lacks personal belief and because of that is waiting for the game to come to him instead of going out there and creating his own.

Watch any replay. Any. Looks frightened after every, single, possession.

Might sound harsh, but this guy is a gifted footballer and is wasting his talent and time.

His body is right. He is big and strong enough. Fit enough.

Such a let down.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Billings is currently a borderline B grader - like B-
He may get better with some help, advice and time. Dal Santo even took time.
The problem is that leadership in the team and coaching panel appears to be completely absent - it is so hard to watch them fail.
Delivery to the forwards is as bad as the 80s!!
Watching Billings fail at tackles and fall over constantly - is very sad and makes me wonder who is training them in what to actually do under pressure.
But at the moment, unfortunately, he looks as soft as a marshamallow.

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

mbogo wrote:Billings is currently a borderline B grader - like B-
The problem is that leadership in the team and coaching panel appears to be completely absent - it is so hard to watch them fail.
Watching Billings fail at tackles and fall over constantly - is very sad and makes me wonder who is training them in what to actually do under pressure.
Sorry mate. There are no soft footballers at any AFL club. Some are just harder than others.

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:
Sorry mate. There are no soft footballers at any AFL club. Some are just harder than others.
I agree parkeysainter. Zac Fischer: No. 25 at Carlton is 'harder' than Billings at the moment

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Scollop wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:
I agree parkeysainter. Zac Fischer: No. 25 at Carlton is 'harder' than Billings at the moment
Yep. They are both harder than the 99.5-9% of people on this forum who never played on an AFL list.

stonecold
SS Life Member

parkeysainter wrote:
Scollop wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:
Yep. They are both harder than the 99.5-9% of people on this forum who never played on an AFL list.

Don't feed the Animals Parky, especially Drunk Cousins, he has never kicked a footy, never will, soft as butter!!!!!

Just another, 'car park mafia' critic!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Some of these talented kids don't get tested for their courage in junior footy. Just because they had an opportunity (through being part of elite school programs) to learn to play AFL and they excelled in a junior competition does not necessarily qualify them as being hard. We didn't recruit the kid for his hardness. Maybe it's the coaches fault that JB is inneffective for the team atm.

This is progessional sport and he is paid to do a job where he will get bruised and battered. There have been too many games I have seen him play where he leaves the hard work to others. That's ok if the coach only wants him to play an outside game, but I don't think you can afford to carry players who don't put their body on the line and are not prepared to take the pain when it's their turn

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Scollop wrote:Some of these talented kids don't get tested for their courage in junior footy. Just because they had an opportunity (through being part of elite school programs) to learn to play AFL and they excelled in a junior competition does not necessarily qualify them as being hard. We didn't recruit the kid for his hardness. Maybe it's the coaches fault that JB is inneffective for the team atm.

This is progessional sport and he is paid to do a job where he will get bruised and battered. There have been too many games I have seen him play where he leaves the hard work to others. That's ok if the coach only wants him to play an outside game, but I don't think you can afford to carry players who don't put their body on the line and are prepared to take the pain when it's their turn
Again. No AFL player is soft. He would not have made it this far if he was soft. If only people realised how damn hard and fast it is out there, even at U/18 level where they ger drafted from. Plus the sacrifices you have to make in life from basically a 12 or 13 year old. That is inbuilt and mental hardness that so many footballers lack at a young age and why they never get drafted despite their natural talents.

Billings is mostly an outside player. That is the reality of it and how he will be used. Its why he was drafted by us and we then took Dunstan and Acres in the same draft as they are bigger bodied players that can play inside.

Drake Huggins
Club Player

You would think he's a champ. One word for you corkhead. Bontompelli.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
stonecold
SS Life Member

Drake Huggins wrote:

You've really lost it, stop popping posters, unhealthy!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Drake Huggins wrote:

A bit immature don't you think?

The most pointless exercise is going over old draft picks. Its a complete waste of time. I wish the Saints used pick 9 on Dangerfield instead of McEvoy but they didn't. Oh well. Get on with it.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The team are playing for themselves not the coach/as a team.

Billings is a far better player than what we are seeing now. Richo is starting to stink a bit like Watters IMO

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
spert
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:The team are playing for themselves not the coach/as a team.

Billings is a far better player than what we are seeing now. Richo is starting to stink a bit like Watters IMO
Hit the nail on the head SP

Why after the third round of a new season, are the players especially of the quality of Billings and Gresham, playing with no flair or apparent confidence, and why at this early stage are we having crisis meetings behind locked doors. Bloody hell..the team should have been bursting out of the blocks in the first JLT game, yet looked flat as a pancake, and have done so since. The body language of the coach and many players says it all. Time for the those in charge to use a bit of nouse and get this ship back on course.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Billings is already one of the best half forwards in the league but he can clearly become much better. Towards the end of last season he started having a real crack physically and he looked like continuing on with that this year until the Adelaide game when he was checked closely and seemed tentative. I'm confident he'll work on this and he is the least of my concerns about our current team. He is the only player in our 22 who can reliably accumulate plenty of the ball and use it well (except for his goalkicking). There's no one on our list who is more damaging when delivering the ball inside 50 and no one on our list who can win more of the ball at half forward.

If the guy just swapped his goal total for his behinds total he would universally be considered our best player.

BazzaBreen66
Club Player

The Recruit wrote:Billings should not be picked next week. If Mav is available he should be in for Billings.
We will loose anyway so hopefully it shows him that mediocrity doesn’t get u games of afl football

We will loose anyway??? Oh you mean LOSE, sorry, very mediocre spelling. Please, when telling other people off for being mediocre get your words right.... :D :D :D

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Drake Huggins wrote:

Corkhead.

Priceless.

:)

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:
Drake Huggins wrote:

The most pointless exercise is going over old draft picks. Its a complete waste of time. I wish the Saints used pick 9 on Dangerfield instead of McEvoy but they didn't. Oh well. Get on with it.
No. It's you who is immature by thinking you can censor people by telling them what and how to post.

Bizarre.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Billings is leagues away from Dal Santo. Dal was a star by 2004.

If Billings is gonna play the lurker we need to see some sublime skills or get out.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:
Drake Huggins wrote:

No. It's you who is immature by thinking you can censor people by telling them what and how to post.

Bizarre.
Not telling anyone how to post. Couldn't care less what people dribble on here. You should stop with the name calling and pot shoting of posters also. You will become a better poster by discussing football. Its pretty easy.