Umpires v Adelaide

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Re: Umpires v Adelaide

st.byron wrote:
CURLY wrote:Long running towards a lose ball in our forward 50 Crows player knows he can’t keep up tackles him to the ground. Ball was never in possession and the umpire had clear view. Ignored the simple free.

Just make a sticky and put your weekly beefs about the umpiring in there instead of spamming the forum with a new thread every week with the same content. Don’t think you actually post about anything else. Must be hell watching a game with you.
There’s 15 threads about how s*** we are. I’m sure there’s room for one about the umpiring.

For really bad umpiring, check out the goal review in the second quarter of the Richmond Hawthorn game.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
st.byron wrote:
CURLY wrote:Long running towards a lose ball in our forward 50 Crows player knows he can’t keep up tackles him to the ground. Ball was never in possession and the umpire had clear view. Ignored the simple free.

Just make a sticky and put your weekly beefs about the umpiring in there instead of spamming the forum with a new thread every week with the same content. Don’t think you actually post about anything else. Must be hell watching a game with you.
There’s 15 threads about how s*** we are. I’m sure there’s room for one about the umpiring.

For really bad umpiring, check out the goal review in the second quarter of the Richmond Hawthorn game.
That was embarrassing.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
st.byron wrote:

So they make mistakes. They’re human. We have the benefit of countless replays from various angles, slo-mo at times, to make our informed judgements, they see it once in real time. It’s a fast, complex, contact sport.
Sometimes it goes against you, sometimes for. Rub of the green etc. Those stats Saynta posted last week about frees over the last ten years show that. OK, some supporters like to focus on the ones that don’t go our way and whinge about it. Total waste of time and not addressing what’s actually wrong with our team, but people have been whinging about umpiring since I started going to the footy in the 60’s. That hasn’t changed.
Then there’s being paranoid and obsessive about it, with conspiracy theories and a ‘hard-done-by’ victim mentality without a skerrick of self reflective capacity.

barneyboyz
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
st.byron wrote:

So they make mistakes. They’re human. We have the benefit of countless replays from various angles, slo-mo at times, to make our informed judgements, they see it once in real time. It’s a fast, complex, contact sport.
Sometimes it goes against you, sometimes for. Rub of the green etc. Those stats Saynta posted last week about frees over the last ten years show that. OK, some supporters like to focus on the ones that don’t go our way and whinge about it. Total waste of time and not addressing what’s actually wrong with our team, but people have been whinging about umpiring since I started going to the footy in the 60’s. That hasn’t changed.
Then there’s being paranoid and obsessive about it, with conspiracy theories and a ‘hard-done-by’ victim mentality without a skerrick of self reflective capacity.
I don’t just see the mistakes from the replay on tv. I understand that we don’t want to be seen as sooks, but ffs denying this is just as bad as denying that we’re s***

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
st.byron wrote:

Spot on.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
st.byron wrote:

I don’t know why every single post has to address the issues with our team.
There’s still room for a rant about bad decisions against us. And of course there were bad decisions against the Crows. But I’m representing the prosecution, I’m not going to bring up anything to support the defence.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:
CURLY wrote:
The_Dud wrote:
CURLY wrote:
st.byron wrote:

Just pointing out the obvious.
Going to point out any of the obvious frees that Adelaide didn’t get?
I saw nothing that can come close to comparing to Acres non free. Also the non frees to Paddy in marking contests while Jacobs getting free after free for apparent blocks. Long streaming goal ward only to be tackled without the ball and when Yeoman Ellis went down with the ball then wouldn’t realease it even when grabbed by Armo the umpire made a new rule up to not award us a clear free.
Umpire make mistakes, and if you go to watch a game purely to point out umpiring mistakes against your team of course you’re going to find some. News flash, Adelaide also got dodgy decisions too, but you’re not looking for that, so you dismiss them and harp on 3 decisions in 120 minutes of football that have no real impact on the outcome of the game.

Acres got 2 shots at goal from decisions that were 50/50 at best. Adelaide had a goal overturned from a goal review that looked far from conclusive, which it has to be to overturn the goal umpires call. Carlisle jumps straight into the side of an Adelaide player in a marking contest, getting no where near the ball, nothing was paid.

It goes both ways.

To think there’s some grand AFL conspiracy against St Kilda for the umpires to occasionally miss a decision that should go our way is ludicrous. Supporters watching a game with bias towards their club is not.
Sorry the Dud, there is no place for rational discussion around umpires on this site.
I suggest you 'stand clear please' until you understand that the umpires cheat against us and that this cheating is sanctioned by the AFL.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
st.byron wrote:

No good pointing out the obvious to these nuffnuffs and the low intellect followers of this forum..there are none so blind as those that refuse to see mate.
Most of the people at the game last night knew we were being bent over by the yellow maggots, but saying so on this forum will only get you abused.

I was at the game on level three and the booing by the crowd was deafening at times.

That only spured the maggots on to greater acts of blantant cheating, imho.

Even the guys on 3aw kept saying we were getting the rough end of the pineapple.

They kept calling the none paid frees to the saints. They were in double figures.

Took the wind right out of the young saints sails.

Frees 17 saints 21 crows.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
st.byron wrote:

Oh bulls*** st b open your eyes. There are cheats in this world and some of them are umpires.

The aussi cricket team should have woken,-you up to that fact .

The reason i hve been complaining for years is that we have been bent over by those cheating ego driven little maggot twerps for years.

Im betting they even read this forum to make sure some of us are upset each week.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
st.byron wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
st.byron wrote:

Oh bulls*** st b open your eyes. There are cheats in this world and some of them are umpires.

The aussi cricket team should have woken,-you up to that fact .

The reason i hve been complaining for years is that we have been bent over by those cheating ego driven little maggot twerps for years.

Im betting they even read this forum to make sure some of us are upset each week.
Why..?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
st.byron wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
st.byron wrote:

I don’t know why every single post has to address the issues with our team.
There’s still room for a rant about bad decisions against us. And of course there were bad decisions against the Crows. But I’m representing the prosecution, I’m not going to bring up anything to support the defence.
Nor should you. :D

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

barneyboyz wrote:
st.byron wrote:
I don’t just see the mistakes from the replay on tv. I understand that we don’t want to be seen as sooks, but ffs denying this is just as bad as denying that we’re s***

Denying what? Not denying they make mistakes. Reckon it would be tough gig myself. Fast as buggery, split second decision making. Am denying and laughing at the notion that there’s any planned, organised conspiracy to dud a particular team. Funny how if you go to other teams’ forums you will also find threads about how the umps are deliberately cheating against them. All of those supporters must be wrong though and only Curly and Saynta are right coz they really are only cheating against us. :shock: :shock:
Last edited by st.byron on Sun 08 Apr 2018 7:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
CURLY wrote:
st.byron wrote:

No good pointing out the obvious to these nuffnuffs and the low intellect followers of this forum..there are none so blind as those that refuse to see mate.
Most of the people at the game last night knew we were being bent over by the yellow maggots, but saying so on this forum will only get you abused.

I was at the game on level three and the booing by the crowd was deafening at times.

Even the guys on 3aw kept saying we were getting the rough end of the pineapple.

They kept calling the none paid frees to the saints. They were in double figures.

Took the wind right out of the young saints sails.

Frees 17 saints 21 crows.
OK. Whatever you say....I shall rest in being a nuff nuff. A long time since you called me that. Nice bit of nostalgia. Thanks.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Yeah those non paid frees, especially in the second quarter kinda had a big effect on the outcome.

We really should have gone into half time with a lead....

but either way, we are shyt so what does it matter.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
stevie
Saintsational Legend

So the Eagles Yeo punched the ball out just now and was pinged. No different to what ruckman do and lots of other defenders. Ludicrous

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Anyone watch WC v Geelong going to argue WC don’t get special treatment. AFL need these results and the umpires get them up.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
barneyboyz
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
barneyboyz wrote:
st.byron wrote:

Denying what? Not denying they make mistakes. Reckon it would be tough gig myself. Fast as buggery, split second decision making. Am denying and laughing at the notion that there’s any planned, organised conspiracy to dud a particular team. Funny how if you go to other teams’ forums you will also find threads about how the umps are deliberately cheating against them. All of those supporters must be wrong though and only Curly and Saynta are right coz they really are only cheating against us. :shock: :shock:
Is it blatant cheating as such? who knows? but time and time again we have the wind taken away from our sails when only needing a fair playing field. Does it happen at other games? to other clubs? probably does. Is it just inconsistencies of interpretation? possibly. One thing I do know, is that Saturday nights game was very inconsistent in it's interpretations.

The denial to me is that how funny it is when in many of our games, over many years now that when the game's on the line we get snuffed. It's too easy to simply just say oh this is St Kilda, it's their fault cause they're shyte.

Have a real close look at Saturday's game. Look at the players responses through that 3rd quarter, and the crowd. It's not the ones they pay (as you mention our dubious ones), but the ones they don't pay

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: No good pointing out the obvious to these nuffnuffs and the low intellect followers of this forum..there are none so blind as those that refuse to see mate.
saynta wrote: The reason i hve been complaining for years is that we have been bent over by those cheating ego driven little maggot twerps for years.
I'm hoping you don't have a BET360 account Saynta, for your own good :lol:

And accusing fellow forumites of having a low intellect and being a 'nuffnuff', says it all really :roll:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
shrodes
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: I was at the game on level three and the booing by the crowd was deafening at times.

I was one of the people on level three booing. But I don't think it caused us to lose the game by 49 points.

Don't we have better things to vent about right now?

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

shrodes wrote:
saynta wrote: I was at the game on level three and the booing by the crowd was deafening at times.

I was one of the people on level three booing. But I don't think it caused us to lose the game by 49 points.

Don't we have better things to vent about right now?
Personally I thought we were on the bad end of the umpiring Saturday night, probably the worst I had seen for a few seasons in that there were some glaring frees not paid to us.

Does this mean the umpires are cheats and the AFL sanction them to deliberately cheat against St Kilda?

Did it influence the game - absolutely not!

Well why not ask a couple of our illustrious forumites that question.

SoopaSaint
Club Player

Without reading ALL of the comments in this section please remember that it is not ALL about the Umpires. League HQ MUST Take full responsibility for enacting a series of ridiculous rules and then allowing umpires to interpret them under the pressure of a game. The Eagles games yesterday was proof - Geelong player going for the ball (did NOT have possession... ball on the ground) and was tackled and thrown to the ground by Eagles player. NO free kick. Then Eagles and Geelong player contesting for a mark in the forward line (pushing and shoving - legally) and Eagles player gets free kick for holding! This rule WILL cost someone a Grand Final. Thank goodness it will NOT be us! And this "running into a players zone" rule - has to go. You know what League HQ is trying to do... The Dud is right... and wrong. IF you don't notice the umpires (regardless of who wins) you have seen a good game of football. Poor Rules... followed by poor decision-making = BAD umpiring... and no matter how many there are in a game (consistency plays NO part) - it affects the product the AFL is shoving down our throats! And don't get me started on commentary of the game. Those bastards are all on the payroll!

resaintlee
Club Player

I don't think it will be Bet360 who would be applying influence. Their betting would be open for all to see.
Cheaper than a cricket or soccer team, but may be more expensive than a tennis player. What is the current market for wooden spoon, 50 pt loss etc.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Joffa Burns wrote:
saynta wrote: No good pointing out the obvious to these nuffnuffs and the low intellect followers of this forum..there are none so blind as those that refuse to see mate.
saynta wrote: The reason i hve been complaining for years is that we have been bent over by those cheating ego driven little maggot twerps for years.
I'm hoping you don't have a BET360 account Saynta, for your own good :lol:

And accusing fellow forumites of having a low intellect and being a 'nuffnuff', says it all really :roll:
at least we know who to blame from now on for any future "bad decisions"
the umps are just winding curly and saynta up
...trouble is we all have to suffer in more ways than one

Seeya
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I don't believe there is a conspiracy against us by the umpires.
I do believe that certain things subconsciously sway umpires decision making.

I have no doubt that the 'crowd factor' is the main reason WCE, Crows PA and to a lesser extend Sydney and Freo seemingly get a 'good run' from the umpires when playing at home. They can issue as many denials as they want to but my eyes tell me it happens regularly.

I also have no doubt that the 'better team' gets a 'better run' from them. It may be that they are actually better at the skills of the game but to my eyes, in a 50/50 free kick, the player from the 'better team' gets the decision more often than not (more than 50/50)

The difference in adjudicating on Saturday night between Crows and Saints was stark.
Things Saints were 'pinged' for seemed to be ok when a Crows player did similarly (just check the 'overhead handball/throw calls as an example)
Was it deliberate bias?
Not in my mind.
Just plain old incompetent performance by those charged with adjudicating the calls.
Check the frees / non-frees given at the Coventry end where the Crows cheer squad were sitting. I reckon just about every 50/50 decision went to them.
And I reckon the deliberate OOB given to us in our forward pocket was a result of our crowd noise at the time.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:All of those supporters must be wrong though and only Curly and Saynta are right coz they really are only cheating against us. :shock: :shock:
As the Dire Straits song Industrial Disease goes: "I go down to Speaker's Corner I'm thunderstruck. They got free speech, tourists, police in trucks. Two men say they're Jesus one of them must be wrong."

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!