Is Hickey's latest contract to blame for his form slump?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Is Hickey's latest contract to blame for his form slump?

Membrey hurt his knee apparently on Thursday. May not play tomorrow. Does this leave the door open for a mobile second ruckman?

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:It's called confidence, he's lost it, thus effects every component of your game, lost through the change of rule and has a flow on a effect?!!!! Simple!!!!!
Absolute indictment on the club and coaching staff if this is true… it's their job to get the best out of these blokes, not just watch good players rot into retirement through confidence issues.

If the club thinks that Hickey is behind Longer, Marshall and Pierce… we are f***ed.

stonecold
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:
stonecold wrote:It's called confidence, he's lost it, thus effects every component of your game, lost through the change of rule and has a flow on a effect?!!!! Simple!!!!!
Absolute indictment on the club and coaching staff if this is true… it's their job to get the best out of these blokes, not just watch good players rot into retirement through confidence issues.

If the club thinks that Hickey is behind Longer, Marshall and Pierce… we are f***ed.
Well Queen B, not sure where you've been, but he is behind all of them at this point!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
dragit
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
dragit wrote:

Well Queen B, not sure where you've been, but he is behind all of them at this point!!!!!
Well then I guess last weeks absolute flogging at the hands of a bottom four side in north should come as no surprise... our coaching panel have NFI what they are doing.

stonecold
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:
stonecold wrote:
dragit wrote:

Well then I guess last weeks absolute flogging at the hands of a bottom four side in north should come as no surprise... our coaching panel have NFI what they are doing.

What's Hickledik done to justify not being behind the others exactly, don't mention 2016, cause that's a long lifetime ago in terms of AFL landscape!!!!!

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
dragit wrote:
stonecold wrote:
dragit wrote:

What's Hickledik done to justify not being behind the others exactly, don't mention 2016, cause that's a long lifetime ago in terms of AFL landscape!!!!!
Again double standards... what did Longer do to justify his rd1 selection... he wasn’t the most well performed ruck in the off season.

What’s more, what did he do to deserve a game in rd2? And what has he done to justify selection once he recovers from injury.

The answer is no more than Hickey.

stonecold
SS Life Member

skeptic wrote:
stonecold wrote:
dragit wrote:
stonecold wrote:
dragit wrote:

Again double standards... what did Longer do to justify his rd1 selection... he wasn’t the most well performed ruck in the off season.

What’s more, what did he do to deserve a game in rd2? And what has he done to justify selection once he recovers from injury.

2017 from Billy was decent, our mids trust him, they don't trust Tom, simple!!!!!

So, the club, coaches, players and inner sanctum are wrong are they?????

Just because a few flogs on a fan forum know better, give it a rest!!!!!

It is what it is, let's hope Tom can show something!!!!!

groupie1
Club Player

Disagree. Hickey's 2016 was like Gilbert's 2009: a one-off year for an otherwise average footballer.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
skeptic wrote:
stonecold wrote:
dragit wrote:
stonecold wrote:
dragit wrote:

2017 from Billy was decent, our mids trust him, they don't trust Tom, simple!!!!!

And the end result is a team performing above expectations where no one questions the selection process...

Bet your glad Mav Weller played 17 games last season too.

And this is a fan forum... I’ll questiib whatever I earn feel like. You don’t like it stop responding

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I’ve been trying very hard to understand where your POV comes from SCSS.

I don’t mind that you rate Longer higher but where does the sense of Longer’s position being unquestionable come from...

And my conclusion is you seem to geninely believe that he is entitled to it without question and beyond criticism.

It’s why hate on ppl questioning his performance but consistently employ the double standard of rubbishing Tom.

In my experiencing, you don’t do ppl favours by patronising them one way or another...
And in this case it looks like one player has stalled because everything is gifted to him, the other because he can’t have a chance and the rest have been non-sighted to this point really.

Are the coaches, players, development staff etc wrong because of fan opinions... no.

What suggests they could all be wrong is that we arguably have the worst, underdeveloped and underperforming rucks in the league... where our once clearly best performed is apparently so damaged he’s marked never to be trialled again.

Must be why we’re a great team

stonecold
SS Life Member

skeptic wrote:
stonecold wrote:
skeptic wrote:
stonecold wrote:
dragit wrote:
stonecold wrote:
dragit wrote:

And the end result is a team performing above expectations where no one questions the selection process...

Bet your glad Mav Weller played 17 games last season too.

And this is a fan forum... I’ll questiib whatever I earn feel like. You don’t like it stop responding
Question what ever you like, when you have no f****** clue, your gonna have a lot of questions!!!!!

Go your hardest Champion!!!!!

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Keep it together SCSS. No need to resort to abuse because your getting frustrated arguing.

stonecold
SS Life Member

skeptic wrote:Keep it together SCSS. No need to resort to abuse because your getting frustrated arguing.
No abuse from my end, thanks, just expressing my opinion, same as you did champion!!!!!

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
skeptic wrote:Keep it together SCSS. No need to resort to abuse because your getting frustrated arguing.
No abuse from my end, thanks, just expressing my opinion, same as you did champion!!!!!
Right...

stonecold wrote:
Question what ever you like, when you have no f****** clue, your gonna have a lot of questions!!!!!

Just charming. Did you use that line on your partner?

Like I said, just calm down. I’m sorry if I’ve upset you.

stonecold
SS Life Member

skeptic wrote:
stonecold wrote:
Right...

stonecold wrote:

Just charming. Did you use that line on your partner?

Like I said, just calm down. I’m sorry if I’ve upset you.
Don't need to be sorry, that's not upset for me!!!!!

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Good, I’m glad because it certainly seemed like you’re getting agitated

stonecold
SS Life Member

skeptic wrote:Good, I’m glad because it certainly seemed like you’re getting agitated
Not at all!!!!!