Damian Barrett column - AFL Website

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Premium89
Club Player

Damian Barrett column - AFL Website

Let me start with a disclaimer - I don’t mind some of Damian Barret’s Work, more so the writing than the tv stuff.
HOWEVER Here’s his “analysis” of the saints right now.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-04/how ... er-mauling#/

My opinion: absolute unmitigated junk. Could be summed up in the following dot points (if you can’t be bothered reading it):
“Gee the saints smashed Richmond in July last year, but they haven’t played that well since”
“Here’s a list of their draft picks since 2013, and all the good players who retired or left”
“Jee paddy hasn’t reached the expectations of a number One pick, he might not end up in the elite category”
“Richo still seems to have faith, we’ll know more at the end of may I guess”

Weak “analysis”, weak conclusion. Seems like a hell of any easy way to make a living.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Damian Barrett column - AFL Website

Shyte.

We have Richo until end of 2020. We may not exist by then the way he’s going.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

I dunno...might take a bit of stamina to get around to all those front bars around town and eaves drop without being noticed?

jimmygrant1966
Club Player

Barret. He has about as much ticker as some Saints fans at present! He definately wouldn't be found in the trenches.

If there was a war, he would be fighting it from his comfy office chair in Melbourne or Sydney. Weak prick!

stonecold
SS Life Member

jimmygrant1966 wrote:Barret. He has about as much ticker as some Saints fans at present! He definately wouldn't be found in the trenches.

If there was a war, he would be fighting it from his comfy office chair in Melbourne or Sydney. Weak prick!
Old Purple, he posts on this forum, sometimes!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Read the article. Yeah, nothing breath taking in there - howver we need the blow torch to be put on us I reckon by as many people as possible. If for no ther reason but to stay relevant in this competition. If we didn't have articles written about us this week, when would we? Imagine if the Pies or the Bombers had of lost a game like that on Good Friday. The papers would be full of stories and this weeks game would almost determine whether the coach remains. I'm not saying our club needs that either. But my concern is that our club is becoming increasingly irrelevant. As the article says, nice intelligent men who are yet to gel together. We probably are viewed as 'safe' by the footy industry. Not great, not too bad. Pretty much vanilla. We need to snap out of it and fast. Someone needs to put a rocket under them!

Premium89
Club Player

Moods wrote:Read the article. Yeah, nothing breath taking in there - howver we need the blow torch to be put on us I reckon by as many people as possible. If for no ther reason but to stay relevant in this competition. If we didn't have articles written about us this week, when would we? Imagine if the Pies or the Bombers had of lost a game like that on Good Friday. The papers would be full of stories and this weeks game would almost determine whether the coach remains. I'm not saying our club needs that either. But my concern is that our club is becoming increasingly irrelevant. As the article says, nice intelligent men who are yet to gel together. We probably are viewed as 'safe' by the footy industry. Not great, not too bad. Pretty much vanilla. We need to snap out of it and fast. Someone needs to put a rocket under them!
Yep, agree - only Carlisle shows the mongrel.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Moods wrote:Read the article. Yeah, nothing breath taking in there - howver we need the blow torch to be put on us I reckon by as many people as possible. If for no ther reason but to stay relevant in this competition. If we didn't have articles written about us this week, when would we? Imagine if the Pies or the Bombers had of lost a game like that on Good Friday. The papers would be full of stories and this weeks game would almost determine whether the coach remains. I'm not saying our club needs that either. But my concern is that our club is becoming increasingly irrelevant. As the article says, nice intelligent men who are yet to gel together. We probably are viewed as 'safe' by the footy industry. Not great, not too bad. Pretty much vanilla. We need to snap out of it and fast. Someone needs to put a rocket under them!
+ 1.