Show some flaming ticker

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jimmygrant1966
Club Player

Show some flaming ticker

Long time reader and first time poster.

Seriously, some of you so called Saints supporters need to show some bloody ticker! One bad loss and everyone is at the club's throat from the CEO, to the coaches, players, recruiters, backroom staff, etc. Then there is talk of folding and relocating and cleaning out the list! Get real!

Its tough following the Saints but roll up your sleeves and show some ticker! I bet if the Saints won this weekend or made the finals in 18 then you would be the first on the flaming bandwagon quick smart. I guarantee it.

The Saints have been through alot worse and came out the other end. Much much worse. Stick fat.

Jesus, thank god I would never have to serve in a trench next to some of you blokes as you would bug out at the first whistle of a bullet going past your neck! Thank god WW3 ain't around the corner!!!

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Re: Show some flaming ticker

Bang on - it was a bad loss but we won't be on our lonesome there - every team will have a couple of so called bad losses this year - looking forward to how the team and coaches respond - might be the spark we need

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
stonecold
SS Life Member

jimmygrant1966 wrote:Long time reader and first time poster.

Seriously, some of you so called Saints supporters need to show some bloody ticker! One bad loss and everyone is at the club's throat from the CEO, to the coaches, players, recruiters, backroom staff, etc. Then there is talk of folding and relocating and cleaning out the list! Get real!

Its tough following the Saints but roll up your sleeves and show some ticker! I bet if the Saints won this weekend or made the finals in 18 then you would be the first on the flaming bandwagon quick smart. I guarantee it.

The Saints have been through alot worse and came out the other end. Much much worse. Stick fat.

Jesus, thank god I would never have to serve in a trench next to some of you blokes as you would bug out at the first whistle of a bullet going past your neck! Thank god WW3 ain't around the corner!!!
Good first post, lot of jumping at shadows on here!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Welcome aboard, Jimmy!

If only it was as simple as one bad loss. As a supporter of the club, I turn up to the matches and show some ticker by cheering the team on. The problem is the team isn't showing any signs that they are capable of playing finals football by the conclusion of this year's home and away season. Before the 2014 season we were promised a competitive team that is worthy of playing finals would have been built by this year: THE YEAR 2018. After the incompetence and inept abilities displayed by the team during the JLT series and now the opening first two rounds of the season, it appears we simply don't have the ability to match it with the best teams in the comp.

Most of us have been in the trenches for years and have stuck it out through the thick and thin, but we keep getting obliterated by the players underperforming and the club coming through with nothing but empty promises. It's difficult to feel upbeat and chipper about the club when they simply won't change their tune.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Been through a lot worse and come out the other end eh? Yep and how have we come out? With 1 bloody flag. That’s how. Another name for this thread could be, “Keep banging your head against the brick wall. It’s RW&B”. Tired of defending mediocrity on the basis of sticking fat with the club, no matter what rubbish they serve up. Richo needs a fire lit underneath him. The manner of that loss last week was appalling. No way I’m sticking fat with that garbage and accepting it without comment. Richo deserves every bit of criticism thrown his way and is on borrowed time in my book. Second game of a new season with everything to look forward to and they played without any heart, any passion, like men without a purpose or mission. That is down to the coach.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Welcome Jimmy... I'm a very long term Sainter- been waiting since '66 for the next flag (countless rebuilds, failures, development years, coaches, administrations). Stuck fat for decades, but wont tolerate mediocrity like some Sainters. If the cap fits, wear it- last Friday did a lot of damage to the club- we blew a golden opportunity in a marquee event, lost respect and we have every right to give the club a serve. I wouldn't be going to war with the mob who played last Friday- they laid down and played dead!

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

jimmygrant1966 wrote:Lhank god WW3 ain't around the corner!!!
I'd back WWIII coming before our next flag unfortunately jimmy :cry:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
jimmygrant1966
Club Player

Seriously.

Did Monash give up after witnessing the disaster at Gallipoli? NO. He showed some ticker and went on to command the troops to victories on the Western front. He adapted and overcome!!

Did the 3RAR give up on the hills of Korea against the Chinese and communist north? NO.

Did Stormin Norman Schwarzkopf give up on the first Iraq war when he lost an Abrams tank or two? NO.

The season is a bloody war as is every other one. We lost a bad battle against North but its time to roll up the sleeves and get on with it. Show some ticker and balls Saints fans! Its time for the players to get in the trenches with us!

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Well done Jimmy.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

I’ll be there on Saturday as usual, ready to cheer!!

I’m still unsure whether or not the taste of last Friday’s disaster will be washed out of my mouth by then. It was the taste of a dag riddled sheep’s anus. It’s safe to say that, the Easter eggs simply tasted off all weekend!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Great first post mate. There are a lot of chicken little supporters on here and you have called them out.

stonecold
SS Life Member

saynta wrote:

Great first post mate. There are a lot of chicken little supporters on here and you have called them out.
This!!!!!

Keep posting mate, just bring your thickest skin!!!!!

Crossy66
Club Player

stonecold wrote:
saynta wrote:

Great post! We'll see what happens this week, the team will be in no doubt about the mood of the fans. Personally i think we have the cattle to be really competitive, but much of the game these days is above the shoulders

This!!!!!

Keep posting mate, just bring your thickest skin!!!!!

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:

Look, Saynta, this isn't a case of supporters being Chicken Little, this is a case of being fed up to the back teeth.

This heraldic battlefield talk should be delivered to the bloody players. They are the ones who haven't shown proper fight. We've been supporting this club all our lives, whilst that pack of mama's boys haven't been at the club long at all, with maybe the exception of Gilbert, Geary and Steven. It's the players who need to HTFU, not the supporters!!!

Drake Huggins
Club Player

Most on here have been in the trenches for many decades. You swan in here and accuse us of cowardice and lacking ticker. Asking us to stick fat. We've piled our money in, withstood all sorts of disappointments, copped ridicule from opposition supporters, volunteered our services, worked in the club and some have even played in the jumper.

We're on here because we love the Saints, and like a worried parent watching a cherished child heading for disaster, we want answers and actions, not more cliches. If we want someone to provide the usual predictable, blue sky, meaningless, pollyanna type rhetoric and bulls*** that has kept this club at the bottom for most of its existence, the position is already filled.

If you have ideas as to how we can improve, please enlighten us. You'll notice that most posters have made suggestions as to how the club can improve and pointed out its obvious flaws. Greg Denham, a well respected senior football journo agrees with many of the sentiments expressed here, as does Gerard Healy, a passionate saints fan and one of the better analysts in the game.

So I challenge you to put up something useful. As for being in the trenches with us, the person you want in the trenches next to you in these situations is a hard arsed realist, not a cliche sprouting Pollyanna. You might have to jump in and share a foxhole with Commoncold.

There's not a person on here who doesn't want us to win against Adelaide. Everyone one of us wants to see us do a Bulldogs or Richmond. You have misinterpreted the sentiments on here. Badly. We're worried, with a mountain of evidence to support that position. We're not whinging. I'll be at Etihad this week cheering the boys on from my reserved seat with thousands of other saints' fans. I Hope you get along and shout for us as well.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Drake Huggins wrote:

Most on here have been in the trenches for many decades. You swan in here and accuse us of cowardice and lacking ticker. Asking us to stick fat. We've piled our money in, withstood all sorts of disappointments, copped ridicule from opposition supporters, volunteered our services, worked in the club and some have even played in the jumper.

We're on here because we love the Saints, and like a worried parent watching a cherished child heading for disaster, we want answers and actions, not more cliches. If we want someone to provide the usual predictable, blue sky, meaningless, pollyanna type rhetoric and bulls*** that has kept this club at the bottom for most of its existence, the position is already filled.

If you have ideas as to how we can improve, please enlighten us. You'll notice that most posters have made suggestions as to how the club can improve and pointed out its obvious flaws. Greg Denham, a well respected senior football journo agrees with many of the sentiments expressed here, as does Gerard Healy, a passionate saints fan and one of the better analysts in the game.

So I challenge you to put up something useful. As for being in the trenches with us, the person you want in the trenches next to you in these situations is a hard arsed realist, not a cliche sprouting Pollyanna. You might have to jump in and share a foxhole with Commoncold.

There's not a person on here who doesn't want us to win against Adelaide. Everyone one of us wants to see us do a Bulldogs or Richmond. You have misinterpreted the sentiments on here. Badly. We're worried, with a mountain of evidence to support that position. We're not whinging. I'll be at Etihad this week cheering the boys on from my reserved seat with thousands of other saints' fans. I Hope you get along and shout for us as well.
This. Exactly.

jimmygrant1966
Club Player

Drake Huggins wrote:

That is great you are still supporting the club despite your clear disgust with everything St Kilda past and present!

As for others, they would hightail out of the Saints fox hole quicker than Jane Fonda would have on the front lines of 'Nam. That is the reality of this forum.

All I ask for is Saints fans to show some ticker and get in the trenches with the players. Otherwise, you are a bandwagon supporter that only likes the club when things are running smoothy and on time. Much like these millennial freaks that drink chai latte and devour smashed avacado at their local coffee shop on Saturday mornings.

Sierra Sierra Tango - Show Some Ticker

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

jimmygrant1966 wrote:All I ask for is Saints fans to show some ticker and get in the trenches with the players. Otherwise, you are a bandwagon supporter that only likes the club when things are running smoothy and on time. Much like these millennial freaks that drink chai latte and devour smashed avacado at their local coffee shop on Saturday mornings.
Apart from being generally overpriced, I actually enjoy cafe lattes and smashed avocado for breakfast as a nice treat. And I'm not even a millennial. Does that make me a less passionate supporter?

FFS, we buy our memberships, attend the matches to cheer on the boys week after week and they aren't delivering with their promise from 2014. Naturally, we are genuinely concerned and worried why the bloody hell they are performing so poorly. If alarm bells aren't ringing in your head after that pitiful and gutless display last Friday, then you really need to wake up and smell the coffee. Perhaps you can buy yourself an extra strong cafe latte at your local coffee shop? :idea:

jimmygrant1966
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:
jimmygrant1966 wrote:All I ask for is Saints fans to show some ticker and get in the trenches with the players. Otherwise, you are a bandwagon supporter that only likes the club when things are running smoothy and on time. Much like these millennial freaks that drink chai latte and devour smashed avacado at their local coffee shop on Saturday mornings.
Apart from being generally overpriced, I actually enjoy cafe lattes and smashed avocado for breakfast as a nice treat. And I'm not even a millennial. Does that make me a less passionate supporter?

FFS, we buy our memberships, attend the matches to cheer on the boys week after week and they aren't delivering with their promise from 2014. Naturally, we are genuinely concerned and worried why the bloody hell they are performing so poorly. If alarm bells aren't ringing in your head after that pitiful and gutless display last Friday, then you really need to wake up and smell the coffee. Perhaps you can buy yourself an extra strong cafe latte at your local coffee shop? :idea:
Not the main point!

I have obviously called out the fickle supporters and like the Republican Guard of Saddam Hussein's army, they talk alot of s*** and look good, but they are not loyal!!!

Again, I might as well hand in the dog tags now if I had to fight in the trenches with some on here!!!
Last edited by jimmygrant1966 on Wed 04 Apr 2018 7:23pm, edited 2 times in total.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:

I agree. Hopefully Immigrant does also.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stonecold
SS Life Member

jimmygrant1966 wrote:
Drake Huggins wrote:

That is great you are still supporting the club despite your clear disgust with everything St Kilda past and present!

As for others, they would hightail out of the Saints fox hole quicker than Jane Fonda would have on the front lines of 'Nam. That is the reality of this forum.

All I ask for is Saints fans to show some ticker and get in the trenches with the players. Otherwise, you are a bandwagon supporter that only likes the club when things are running smoothy and on time. Much like these millennial freaks that drink chai latte and devour smashed avacado at their local coffee shop on Saturday mornings.

Sierra Sierra Tango - Show Some Ticker
This, Exactly this!!!!!

Gerard Healy is only a Saints man when it suits!!!!!
Ask Melbourne how loyal he is, give us a break DH (initials say it all), if St.Kilda become successful you'd have to find a new topic to be a little bitch about!!!!!

No way to embrace a new member on a forum that is struggling for posters!!!!!

Maybe, you should get your own backyard in order before trying to solve the problems of the world!!!!!

Adjust your pacemaker old man and show some ticker!!!!!

stonecold
SS Life Member

By the way DH, attending this week are we?????

Not watching the small screen!!!!!

You do realise it's a night game?????

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

jimmygrant1966 wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

Not the main point!

I have obviously called out the fickle supporters and like the Republican Guard of Saddam Hussein's army, they talk alot of s*** and look good, but they are not loyal!!!

Again, I might as well hand in the dog tags now if I had to fight in the trenches with some on here!!!
But you haven't called out anyone. You've merely spouted out a lot of rhetoric, using militaristic metaphors. To whom do you address this message to, Corporal Punishment?

SAAD
Club Player

our last half of 2017 was poor. JLT was average and last week was our worst loss in a long time. People are mad and our rebuild looks botched. How long must we wait?

Funny vid I found after the weekend. Well sort of funny.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

A sure sign of the upcoming game is the old adage..” you play as you train”. If anyone had been at training last Thursday,and there were a few, the warning signs unfortunately were evident. Trained super well yesterday, tomorrow at 10:30 will tell. I’ll keep you informed. Maybe a few others might get down there too.