Show some flaming ticker

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jimmygrant1966
Club Player

Re: Show some flaming ticker

Sainternist wrote:
jimmygrant1966 wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
jimmygrant1966 wrote:All I ask for is Saints fans to show some ticker and get in the trenches with the players. Otherwise, you are a bandwagon supporter that only likes the club when things are running smoothy and on time. Much like these millennial freaks that drink chai latte and devour smashed avacado at their local coffee shop on Saturday mornings.
Apart from being generally overpriced, I actually enjoy cafe lattes and smashed avocado for breakfast as a nice treat. And I'm not even a millennial. Does that make me a less passionate supporter?

FFS, we buy our memberships, attend the matches to cheer on the boys week after week and they aren't delivering with their promise from 2014. Naturally, we are genuinely concerned and worried why the bloody hell they are performing so poorly. If alarm bells aren't ringing in your head after that pitiful and gutless display last Friday, then you really need to wake up and smell the coffee. Perhaps you can buy yourself an extra strong cafe latte at your local coffee shop? :idea:
Not the main point!

I have obviously called out the fickle supporters and like the Republican Guard of Saddam Hussein's army, they talk alot of s*** and look good, but they are not loyal!!!

Again, I might as well hand in the dog tags now if I had to fight in the trenches with some on here!!!
But you haven't called out anyone. You've merely spouted out a lot of rhetoric, using militaristic metaphors. To whom do you address this message to, Corporal Punishment?
Called out those that would run from a trench at the first sight of a bullet. Those Saints supporters know who they are. They have nil ticker when the club is going through tough times or a bad loss!!

Guess what?! The above comes free!!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The war analogies are nauseating.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

James, as the Black Knight said: its only a flesh wound. Oh if only we (the 22 on the park) had the same determination. I'll be there in the trench Saturday if level 2 has a trench and go over the top - in the bar. I don't expect to go home with the Saints 2 for 3 and but fervently hope to have my expectations smashed. You judge us too harshly, we are all a little bit Black Knight but sense the coach has lost the players. The coach is not the club. Saturday I'd settle for Paddy kicking 3, Brown not having more than 3 kicked on him and winning 45% of the ruck contests. Yours General Haigh. Ahem.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

jimmygrant1966 wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
jimmygrant1966 wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
jimmygrant1966 wrote:All I ask for is Saints fans to show some ticker and get in the trenches with the players. Otherwise, you are a bandwagon supporter that only likes the club when things are running smoothy and on time. Much like these millennial freaks that drink chai latte and devour smashed avacado at their local coffee shop on Saturday mornings.
Apart from being generally overpriced, I actually enjoy cafe lattes and smashed avocado for breakfast as a nice treat. And I'm not even a millennial. Does that make me a less passionate supporter?

FFS, we buy our memberships, attend the matches to cheer on the boys week after week and they aren't delivering with their promise from 2014. Naturally, we are genuinely concerned and worried why the bloody hell they are performing so poorly. If alarm bells aren't ringing in your head after that pitiful and gutless display last Friday, then you really need to wake up and smell the coffee. Perhaps you can buy yourself an extra strong cafe latte at your local coffee shop? :idea:
Not the main point!

I have obviously called out the fickle supporters and like the Republican Guard of Saddam Hussein's army, they talk alot of s*** and look good, but they are not loyal!!!

Again, I might as well hand in the dog tags now if I had to fight in the trenches with some on here!!!
But you haven't called out anyone. You've merely spouted out a lot of rhetoric, using militaristic metaphors. To whom do you address this message to, Corporal Punishment?
Called out those that would run from a trench at the first sight of a bullet. Those Saints supporters know who they are. They have nil ticker when the club is going through tough times or a bad loss!!

Guess what?! The above comes free!!
Unmitigated bullshyte. If you think you’re doing the club a favour with your sticking fat rhetoric, you’re deluded. People who have plenty of history of “sticking fat” (hello 80’s) are bloody well fed up with the rhetoric and spin from the club being a smokescreen behind which is the same old dysfunction and acceptance of mediocrity. You’re not doing the Saints any favours at all if you blindly accept, in some misguided concept of loyalty, the utter garbage being dished up to members who put their money into the club. It’s simply not good enough and needs to be called out for what it is instead of being buried underneath an avalanche of ‘show some ticker’ rhetoric. If anyone needs to show some ticker it’s the club in dealing with its ongoing failures.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Drake Huggins, about 5 msgs up, says "There is not one person on here who doesn't want us to beat Adelaide"
Umm...he's not speaking for me!
I really really hope we get pumped by at least 8 goals.
Why?
Because a nice big loss will show Mr Fairy Dust n Rainbows that we're sliding into the cesspool, and the whole club has to face the cold hard truth that they are shite.
I am heartily sick of the members' email post-match, containing nothing but drivel and cliches.
We need Richo to realise that his brand of insanity is,
well, insane; a big loss will be a reality check for everyone.
Club needs to realise how dire it is, and pull their freakin head outta the sand.

I want a big loss.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
stonecold
SS Life Member

WellardSaint wrote:Drake Huggins, about 5 msgs up, says "There is not one person on here who doesn't want us to beat Adelaide"
Why?
Because a nice big loss will show Mr Fairy Dust n Rainbows that we're sliding into the cesspool, and the whole club has to face the cold hard truth that they are shite.
I am heartily sick of the members' email post-match, containing nothing but drivel and cliches.
Club needs to realise how dire it is, and pull their freakin head outta the sand.

I want a big loss.
Sad!!!!!

But each to their own!!!!!

Entitled to your opinion!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

SaintPav wrote:The war analogies are nauseating.
I concur.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I thought this thread was directed at the players/coaches....
My bad.

“Yeah….nah””
Drake Huggins
Club Player

As they are irrelevant. Usually dragged out by those who've never been in the theatre of war or had an angry man fire bullets at them. The first person to die in the trenches is usually the one who talks the biggest game.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:A sure sign of the upcoming game is the old adage..” you play as you train”. If anyone had been at training last Thursday,and there were a few, the warning signs unfortunately were evident. Trained super well yesterday, tomorrow at 10:30 will tell. I’ll keep you informed. Maybe a few others might get down there too.
Why the F*** did they train poorly before round 2, before a marquee game?

Something is very, very wrong tony and you of all people should know what it is.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Re: Show some flaming ticker - Okay

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Immigrant reminds me a lot of stonecold

It’s like they have idnetical DNA

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
takeaway
Club Player

Wow. I was well away from footy/pixel land for a week or so, missed the North game (fortunately) - from a few mates was a pretty poor performance.

Go onto SS, and didn't realise it was this BAD!

I mean, after reading a few posts:

St Kilda FC will be taken over by the AFL within a couple of years, at best relocate to Tassie.
The President, the invisible man, should be out publicly bagging the coaches/players by name.
Finnis & Lethlean, the AFL plants, who need a note on their bathroom mirror to remind them who they supposed to be working for, couldn't give a stuff & need to go back to the AFL, where their heart is.
The administration is totally disorganised, infighting everywhere, needs a total revamp.
Richo is of course hopeless, no game plan, no match day awareness, lost the players, should be cleaning out his cubby hole right now. Same with the rest of the coaching staff, except Playfair, who has only just started - should be given a couple more losses (ie 2 weeks), then he must go - no good.
Elshaug is the worst recruiter in the AFL, and was planted by Essendon to stuff up our picks. Was looking too obvious a plant so it was balanced a bit by the Carlisle trade to ensure he keeps stuffing up. The rest of the recruiting staff may as well go too.
Players - Longer is the worst ruckman in the AFL, especially when half fit, McCartin is the worst No. 1 pick in the history of the sporting world, Sinclair has peaked, ..... etc etc. Phew.

Unbelievable. I am a bit concerned that the Doomsday Huggers have gone a bit hard a bit early, if we lose the next three (well on the cards) what are they going to whinge about?
Second thoughts...... they'll find something.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote:St Kilda FC will be taken over by the AFL within a couple of years, at best relocate to Tassie.
The President, the invisible man, should be out publicly bagging the coaches/players by name.
Finnis & Lethlean, the AFL plants, who need a note on their bathroom mirror to remind them who they supposed to be working for, couldn't give a stuff & need to go back to the AFL, where their heart is.
The administration is totally disorganised, infighting everywhere, needs a total revamp.
Richo is of course hopeless, no game plan, no match day awareness, lost the players, should be cleaning out his cubby hole right now. Same with the rest of the coaching staff, except Playfair, who has only just started - should be given a couple more losses (ie 2 weeks), then he must go - no good.
Elshaug is the worst recruiter in the AFL, and was planted by Essendon to stuff up our picks. Was looking too obvious a plant so it was balanced a bit by the Carlisle trade to ensure he keeps stuffing up. The rest of the recruiting staff may as well go too.
Players - Longer is the worst ruckman in the AFL, especially when half fit, McCartin is the worst No. 1 pick in the history of the sporting world, Sinclair has peaked, ..... etc etc. Phew.
That about sums it all up.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Drake Huggins
Club Player

A superb summary. Right on the money. Unfortunately a lot of it is too close to the mark to be funny. The next five weeks are critical. Adelaide, Geelong at hillbilly stadium, GWS, dorks in Launceston and freo over there. If we win even one of those i'll be impressed. Before the season started I was hoping we would get to 4-4, which would give us a chance with the draw softening a bit. ATM I think I'm dreaming about that scenario.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
jimmygrant1966
Club Player

saynta wrote:
jimmygrant1966 wrote:Long time reader and first time poster.

Seriously, some of you so called Saints supporters need to show some bloody ticker! One bad loss and everyone is at the club's throat from the CEO, to the coaches, players, recruiters, backroom staff, etc. Then there is talk of folding and relocating and cleaning out the list! Get real!

Its tough following the Saints but roll up your sleeves and show some ticker! I bet if the Saints won this weekend or made the finals in 18 then you would be the first on the flaming bandwagon quick smart. I guarantee it.

The Saints have been through alot worse and came out the other end. Much much worse. Stick fat.

Jesus, thank god I would never have to serve in a trench next to some of you blokes as you would bug out at the first whistle of a bullet going past your neck! Thank god WW3 ain't around the corner!!!
Great first post mate. There are a lot of chicken little supporters on here and you have called them out.
Its not hard to do so!

Its more bleeding obvious than a fresh bullet wound.

Phar Lap's ticker is still stronger than their own and the stead has been dead for around 80 odd years!

noddy04
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote:Drake Huggins, about 5 msgs up, says "There is not one person on here who doesn't want us to beat Adelaide"
Why?

I want a big loss.
Well I want us to beat Adelaide.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
tony74 wrote:A sure sign of the upcoming game is the old adage..” you play as you train”. If anyone had been at training last Thursday,and there were a few, the warning signs unfortunately were evident. Trained super well yesterday, tomorrow at 10:30 will tell. I’ll keep you informed. Maybe a few others might get down there too.
Why the F*** did they train poorly before round 2, before a marquee game?

Something is very, very wrong tony and you of all people should know what it is.
My thoughts exactly...did anyone think to jump in and point out what their job security will look like after the wooden spoon favourite smashes us on our own ground, 6 days after playing against the Suns in a swimming pool? After we embarrass ourselves nationally in a marquee game after we'd spent the last decade screaming for one, in front of the AFL brass who have us on a financial intravenous drip? I could have told them it was all on the cards Thursday afternoon, as could many on here...sounds like we're suffering from club-wide crisis of overconfidence.

PS: +1 on the theatre of battle references...Kevin Sheedy on here now?

The Real Numpty
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote:
jimmygrant1966 wrote:Lhank god WW3 ain't around the corner!!!
I'd back WWIII coming before our next flag unfortunately jimmy :cry:
I can help. :twisted: #makingww3greatagain

stonecold
SS Life Member

Drake Huggins wrote:
As they are irrelevant. Usually dragged out by those who've never been in the theatre of war or had an angry man fire bullets at them. The first person to die in the trenches is usually the one who talks the biggest game.
So now your a War Vet as well?????

The Real Numpty
Club Player

Jimmy Grant, you must be related to Ulysses S, right? You are a true patriot, believe me. You know that St Kilda will be great again! Patriots like you and Mr Austin. You know the truth! And Mr Austin, he wore the uniform in battle. Did you know that? He went into the heat of battle, he was right there in the trenches for our beloved football club. Stood shoulder to shoulder with Keith Miller and Sam Loxton. Can you believe that? He is a war veteran and a true patriotic hero! There are too many anti-coal mining Mexican leftist sympathisers on this forum, criticizing our great club, and nobody knows that like I do! But you Jimmy, along with true patriots and war heroes like Mr Austin, you, you don't fall for the leftist hippy doomsayer fake news mongering. No you don't! You know that St Kilda will be winning, so much winning. And we will win quickly, believe me. #makingourclubgreatagainwithwarheroesandwarreferences

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Tony one of the concerns that has been raised is that they are a very quiet group in games (no talk), which has also been the case on the training track. Is this the case?

stonecold
SS Life Member

The Real Numpty wrote:Jimmy Grant, you must be related to Ulysses S, right? You are a true patriot, believe me. You know that St Kilda will be great again! Patriots like you and Mr Austin. You know the truth! And Mr Austin, he wore the uniform in battle. Did you know that? He went into the heat of battle, he was right there in the trenches for our beloved football club. Stood shoulder to shoulder with Keith Miller and Sam Loxton. Can you believe that? He is a war veteran and a true patriotic hero! There are too many anti-coal mining Mexican leftist sympathisers on this forum, criticizing our great club, and nobody knows that like I do! But you Jimmy, along with true patriots and war heroes like Mr Austin, you, you don't fall for the leftist hippy doomsayer fake news mongering. No you don't! You know that St Kilda will be winning, so much winning. And we will win quickly, believe me. #makingourclubgreatagainwithwarheroesandwarreferences
I never went to war, not in that sense anyway!!!!!

loris
Saintsational Legend

+1

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

This is the most disturbing thing of all. Obvious that they were not right, yet no skill set to address it. Speaks exactly to the fact that it’s between the ears where the problem lies. And Tony’s assertion in another thread that last week’s performance “can’t be explained” is equally concerning. So the coaching staff could see there was a big problem before the event, and after it they have no way of explaining it.......so basically they have no idea how to address the issue except for pumping them more on the training track. A road to nowhere.