Show some flaming ticker

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Drake Huggins
Club Player

Re: Show some flaming ticker

jimmygrant1966 wrote:
Drake Huggins wrote:Shows how much you know about police fitness standards. When I left the academy in 1982, you had to be able to do 30 push ups and 30 sit-ups in a minute. 12 minutes for the 3km time trial. Those figures you quoted are not only disrespectful to police but a lie. The standards have been dropped for older women, the same as the military, but I can assure you five push ups on exit? Please.

I respect the military, but you're the one who mentioned Kapooka. I just told you of someone who direct experience of both and gave a forthright and fairly scathing assessment of the place. A sheltered workshop, he called it. Look at the appallingly low entry requirements for the average grunt and get back to me. Did you really do 9 months on the streets of Baghdad. If so, well done. I think eighteen years of locking up murderers, rapist and so called gangsters qualifies me to speak. I'll see your 9 months in Baghdad (doing what exactly?) and raise you five years at Homicide. Death all round, relentlessly every day for years. Give me a spell.

I'm not your son, thank goodness. That stupid, patronising turn of phrase says as much about you as the drivel you post. Jump back in the Delorean and head into the past where you belong. And the commoncold refers to your new best friend, the illiterate halfwit, stonecold. I thought you might have been able to work that out, but then again, on reflection, of course you couldn't. You make a fine pair.
Check it out son under the fitness section.
https://www.policecareer.vic.gov.au/pol ... quirements
Same standards as when you leave.

Further chief, I don't need to go detailing my flaming life history on a message board and big noting myself. I'm old school like that! Good work anyway for your service in uniform!

Nice the disrespect you show Kapooka and its soldiers! True patriot.

Damn son! You talk some absolute crap on here! Guarantee you have been told that before.
Isn't that what you did? Detailed your service to your country? Or did you make that bit up? If you were in the theatre of war and survived, I dips me lid. I was merely replying to your rather irrelevant reference to what is your private history. I wasn't showing disrespect to the soldiers. I was telling you what a former soldier with nine years of service told me. Read it again.

Tell me where I disrespected soldiers? I was disrespecting the crap you posted, as is my right. I suggest you calm yourself down a bit before posting and give some consideration to what you put out there. Didn't they give you training in the service around that?You're the one that tried to turn it into a pissing contest. Maybe if you were in the military you were used to following orders and thinking what you were told to. Another poster in here labelled it "cerebral step lock". Nice.

It's why I eventually left the coppers. A mental straight jacket as well, although not quite as severe as the military, I'm told. One thing you are right about is that I've been told I post crap on here, which unfortunately I sometimes I do. I don't mind when posters justify their stance with reasoned arguments that support their opinions, and facts. I respect them for having the courage of their own convictions, even though I don't agree with them. Are you there , CQS?

What annoys me is the likes of you and your new BFF, commoncold, who post unsupported opinion as fact, bereft of logic and reason and rarely contribute anything of substance. Lots of bluff and blunder, inappropriate punctuation use, because he lacks the adult words to express himself and a lot of self congratulation. Go and have a beer with him and you can marvel at how wonderful and wise you both are, while the famous Monty Python song plays in the background. It's called, "How sweet to be an idiot!"

PS I did my best work in plain clothes. :wink: And please, couldn't you come up with a better example to make your point about relative fitness levels than your dear departed Grandmother? With the best will in the world, the scientist and reductionist in me simply can't imagine a dead person knocking out 5 push-ups and a 5.1 beep test. :shock: :D

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
Drake Huggins
Club Player

jimmygrant1966 wrote:
Drake Huggins wrote:Shows how much you know about police fitness standards. When I left the academy in 1982, you had to be able to do 30 push ups and 30 sit-ups in a minute. 12 minutes for the 3km time trial. Those figures you quoted are not only disrespectful to police but a lie. The standards have been dropped for older women, the same as the military, but I can assure you five push ups on exit? Please.

I respect the military, but you're the one who mentioned Kapooka. I just told you of someone who direct experience of both and gave a forthright and fairly scathing assessment of the place. A sheltered workshop, he called it. Look at the appallingly low entry requirements for the average grunt and get back to me. Did you really do 9 months on the streets of Baghdad. If so, well done. I think eighteen years of locking up murderers, rapist and so called gangsters qualifies me to speak. I'll see your 9 months in Baghdad (doing what exactly?) and raise you five years at Homicide. Death all round, relentlessly every day for years. Give me a spell.

I'm not your son, thank goodness. That stupid, patronising turn of phrase says as much about you as the drivel you post. Jump back in the Delorean and head into the past where you belong. And the commoncold refers to your new best friend, the illiterate halfwit, stonecold. I thought you might have been able to work that out, but then again, on reflection, of course you couldn't. You make a fine pair.
Check it out son under the fitness section.
https://www.policecareer.vic.gov.au/pol ... quirements
Same standards as when you leave.

Further chief, I don't need to go detailing my flaming life history on a message board and big noting myself. I'm old school like that! Good work anyway for your service in uniform!

Nice the disrespect you show Kapooka and its soldiers! True patriot.

Damn son! You talk some absolute crap on here! Guarantee you have been told that before.
Isn't that what you did? Detailed your service to your country? Or did you make that bit up? If you were in the theatre of war and survived, I dips me lid. I was merely replying to your rather irrelevant reference to what is your private history. I wasn't showing disrespect to the soldiers. I was telling you what a former soldier with nine years of service told me. Read it again.

Tell me where I disrespected soldiers? I was disrespecting the crap you posted, as is my right. I suggest you calm yourself down a bit before posting and give some consideration to what you put out there. Didn't they give you training in the service around that?You're the one that tried to turn it into a pissing contest. Maybe if you were in the military you were used to following orders and thinking what you were told to. Another poster in here labelled it "cerebral step lock". Nice.

It's why I eventually left the coppers. A mental straight jacket as well, although not quite as severe as the military, I'm told. One thing you are right about is that I've been told I post crap on here, which unfortunately I sometimes I do. I don't mind when posters justify their stance with reasoned arguments that support their opinions, and facts. I respect them for having the courage of their own convictions, even though I don't agree with them. Are you there , CQS?

What annoys me is the likes of you and your new BFF, commoncold, who post unsupported opinion as fact, bereft of logic and reason and rarely contribute anything of substance. Lots of bluff and blunder, inappropriate punctuation use, because he lacks the adult words to express himself and a lot of self congratulation. Go and have a beer with him and you can marvel at how wonderful and wise you both are, while the famous Monty Python song plays in the background. It's called, "How sweet to be an idiot!"

PS I did my best work in plain clothes. :wink: And please, couldn't you come up with a better example to make your point about relative fitness levels than your dear departed Grandmother? With the best will in the world, the scientist and reductionist in me simply can't imagine a dead person knocking out 5 push-ups and a 5.1 beep test. :shock: :D

"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
stonecold
SS Life Member

Fair dinkum DH, no-one cares if you were the minister for the pigs!!!!!

Not every post has to be a police report, most posters couldn't be f***ed reading your detailed dribble as your source is normally media bulls*** reports!!!!!

I'm a bit over you mentioning me in most of your pathetic posts for no apparent reason, not needed, happy for you to respond to me (use the quote button), but you are picking a fight with me for no apparent reason, again!!!!!

As you did previously under another user name!!!!!

If you are that concerned, maybe the force could use you as a correspondent towards tiding up police corruption and over excessive force!!!!!

That would keep you busy and stop you from double posting your dribble on here!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
saynta wrote:
jimmygrant1966 wrote:Long time reader and first time poster.

Seriously, some of you so called Saints supporters need to show some bloody ticker! One bad loss and everyone is at the club's throat from the CEO, to the coaches, players, recruiters, backroom staff, etc. Then there is talk of folding and relocating and cleaning out the list! Get real!

Its tough following the Saints but roll up your sleeves and show some ticker! I bet if the Saints won this weekend or made the finals in 18 then you would be the first on the flaming bandwagon quick smart. I guarantee it.

The Saints have been through alot worse and came out the other end. Much much worse. Stick fat.

Jesus, thank god I would never have to serve in a trench next to some of you blokes as you would bug out at the first whistle of a bullet going past your neck! Thank god WW3 ain't around the corner!!!
Great first post mate. There are a lot of chicken little supporters on here and you have called them out.
Look, Saynta, this isn't a case of supporters being Chicken Little, this is a case of being fed up to the back teeth.

This heraldic battlefield talk should be delivered to the bloody players. They are the ones who haven't shown proper fight. We've been supporting this club all our lives, whilst that pack of mama's boys haven't been at the club long at all, with maybe the exception of Gilbert, Geary and Steven. It's the players who need to HTFU, not the supporters!!!
As usual, I stick by what I say and guess what Sainternist the sky ain't going to fall on you. :D 8-)
Thanks for the reassurance, Saynta. Believe it or not, I never thought the sky was falling in the first place. But surely, you appreciate the concern of the supporters who witness that deplorable display last Friday? If you weren't alarmed by it, then you had best check yourself to find a pulse.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Spinner wrote:
tony74 wrote:A sure sign of the upcoming game is the old adage..” you play as you train”. If anyone had been at training last Thursday,and there were a few, the warning signs unfortunately were evident. Trained super well yesterday, tomorrow at 10:30 will tell. I’ll keep you informed. Maybe a few others might get down there too.

Please keep us informed Tony!!!
Certainly an improvement on last week but you can tell the confidence is down. First 10 mins on Sat are unbelievably important.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Someone is bragging about participating in the invasion of Iraq, which was a crime.

One million dead Iraqis, probably many more. No one knows because it’s not reported.

22 US veterans top themselves every day.

Disgusting and offensive to compare a genocidal crime against humanity to a game of football.

Screw anyone who thinks this is ok.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

SaintPav wrote:Someone is bragging about participating in the invasion of Iraq, which was a crime.

One million dead Iraqis, probably many more. No one knows because it’s not reported.

Disgusting and offensive to compare a genocidal crime against humanity to a game of football.

F**king disgraceful isn’t it.

Drake Huggins
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:Someone is bragging about participating in the invasion of Iraq, which was a crime.

I wasn't going to go there, SP, but seeing as you had the courage to do so, I agree wholeheartedly. The military's primary task, is to make powerful rich white folks even richer. If there was no money in war, it would all end tomorrow. How many US politicians in the congress have children serving in the military overseas? One. That should tell you everything. The poor and uneducated make useful fodder for them.

"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"No, it isn't."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
jimmygrant1966
Club Player

stonecold wrote:Fair dinkum DH, no-one cares if you were the minister for the pigs!!!!!

Not every post has to be a police report, most posters couldn't be f***ed reading your detailed dribble as your source is normally media bulls*** reports!!!!!

I'm a bit over you mentioning me in most of your pathetic posts for no apparent reason, not needed, happy for you to respond to me (use the quote button), but you are picking a fight with me for no apparent reason, again!!!!!

If you are that concerned, maybe the force could use you as a correspondent towards tiding up police corruption and over excessive force!!!!!

That would keep you busy and stop you from double posting your dribble on here!!!!!
Agreed and thank you. Its like listening to a speech from a politician. You fall asleep reading some posts on here - especially this Huggins sonny jim!

Total bullcrap. I really can't be bothered countering the nonsense. Have better things to do!

Proves my point again that some Saints fans have nil ticker for the fight that in supporting the Saints. They really don't get it and would bug out at the first bullet in a trench!!

jimmygrant1966
Club Player

Drake Huggins wrote:

I wasn't going to go there, SP, but seeing as you had the courage to do so, I agree wholeheartedly. The military's primary task, is to make powerful rich white folks even richer. If there was no money in war, it would all end tomorrow. How many US politicians in the congress have children serving in the military overseas? One. That should tell you everything. The poor and uneducated make useful fodder for them.
I have never read anything more disrespectful on here. No wonder I have never posted on here before and this is my last.

I lasted 2 days. Just shaking my head. You have got to be kidding me. Go on, show some ticker and read those posts at the next Anzac Day ceremony. Cowards!!

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Drake Huggins wrote:

There are lots of reports in US media about how military recruiters sign up a very large percentage of enlisted soldiers from extremely low socio-economic suburbs; the ones with very high unemployment, low education rates, etc. The 'career' is sold on the basis of no skill required: 'we'll train you' and incredibly important, a nice steady income to send back home to family. A huge carrot.
Recruiters have KPIs just like everyone else.
And the lower class historically has always been a great source of renewable labour; go back to the Ancient Egyptians' massive works.
Lose a few along the way, just top up with some more.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

jimmygrant1966 wrote:
stonecold wrote:Fair dinkum DH, no-one cares if you were the minister for the pigs!!!!!

Agreed and thank you. Its like listening to a speech from a politician. You fall asleep reading some posts on here - especially this Huggins sonny jim!

Total bullcrap. I really can't be bothered countering the nonsense. Have better things to do!

Proves my point again that some Saints fans have nil ticker for the fight that in supporting the Saints. They really don't get it and would bug out at the first bullet in a trench!!
Common Cold and others could learn a lot from The Drake.
Grammar, paragraph structure, application of logical reasoning, measured and intelligent writing.
It makes for very easy reading.

In fact his style is better than anything from Fairfax or Murdoch, which are typically written in haste, poorly structured and riddled with factual errors, sometimes on purpose to push an agenda.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

[quote="]

I have never read anything more disrespectful on here. No wonder I have never posted on here before and this is my last.

I lasted 2 days. Just shaking my head. You have got to be kidding me. Go on, show some ticker and read those posts at the next Anzac Day ceremony. Cowards!![/quote]

What's wrong champ, not showing any flaming ticker for the forum Alf if you are quitting over this.
I'm sure you've never posted before hey, :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm surprised you are such a shy and retiring type of chap/lass.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Drake Huggins
Club Player

jimmygrant1966 wrote:
Drake Huggins wrote:

I lasted 2 days. Just shaking my head. You have got to be kidding me. Go on, show some ticker and read those posts at the next Anzac Day ceremony. Cowards!!
You're a disgrace. Lasted two days? Who's got no ticker, jimmy boy? You won't be missed. Do us a favour and take your BF CC with you. The combined IQ of the forum will go up by a large number of points with you two out of the way. And tell your mate, because he clearly doesn't have the intelligence to realise it, that I put him on my ignore list days ago so I don't get exposed to his garbage. Best not to engage with idiots. It's bad for your health. Run along now. There's a good lad. Wouldn't I love to have you in the trenches. Crack the s***s and sook up because someone disagrees with you on an Internet forum. A true Australian hero. What would you actually do when the bullets start to fly?

"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"No, it isn't."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
congorozides
Club Player

Hope the mods sticky this thread.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

The white flag went up pretty quick.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
takeaway
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote:
jimmygrant1966 wrote:

Grammar, paragraph structure, application of logical reasoning, measured and intelligent writing.

In fact his style is better than anything from Fairfax or Murdoch, which are typically written in haste, poorly structured and riddled with factual errors, sometimes on purpose to push an agenda.
Yes, have to agree DH's grammar and paragraph structure is excellent, easy to read, however have to disagree with the "application of logical reasoning, measured and intelligent writing" - more like intermittent explosive disorder ramblings.

jimmygrant1966
Club Player

Two words.
Nil ticker.

stonecold
SS Life Member

jimmygrant1966 wrote:Two words.
Nil ticker.
Don't let the Clowns bother you mate, every Circus has them!!!!!

jimmygrant1966
Club Player

stonecold wrote:
Nil ticker.
All good! They are the smallest fry I have ever faced in my entire life hence why its easy to establish they have nil ticker! Ha! Like water off an old ducks back. Ha!

At least there are some Saints fans out there that are prepared to fight with the footy club on all fronts. God bless em all.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
Nil ticker.
Who are the clowns you refer to?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
stonecold
SS Life Member

Sainternist wrote:
stonecold wrote:
Nil ticker.
Not you Nisty!!!!?

Who are the clowns you refer to?

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

jimmygrant1966 wrote:I have never read anything more disrespectful on here. No wonder I have never posted on here before and this is my last.

I lasted 2 days.
Good to see you're a man of your word. :roll:

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
jimmygrant1966
Club Player

Jacks Back wrote:
jimmygrant1966 wrote:I have never read anything more disrespectful on here. No wonder I have never posted on here before and this is my last.

I lasted 2 days.
Good to see you're a man of your word. :roll:
It ain't 0001 yet soldier!

I only posted out of respect for true Sainters like Stonecold! He has ticker and nuts!
Last edited by jimmygrant1966 on Fri 06 Apr 2018 12:12am, edited 1 time in total.

Drake Huggins
Club Player

takeaway wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
jimmygrant1966 wrote:

Yes, have to agree DH's grammar and paragraph structure is excellent, easy to read, however have to disagree with the "application of logical reasoning, measured and intelligent writing" - more like intermittent explosive disorder ramblings.
Not bad,takeaway. There could be room for that in the DSM - 5 (amended), axis two. I'm afraid I have to admit you may have a point there, but you know what, a great person once said, "You know if you want to have the rainbow, you have to put up with the rain. Do you know who that was? Dolly Parton, and people say she was just a big pair of tits. " (Ricky Gervaise as David Brent from The Office 1999). I think there's something in that for all of us, don't you?

"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"No, it isn't."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."