Show some flaming ticker

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

DazzlingDaryl

Re: Show some flaming ticker

Huge negativity after round 2 loss

St Kilda effectively had no ruckman after half time with Longer injured and North had Goldy in vintage form.

6 day break for first 2 games did not help. After 6 months of not playing, 2 games in only 144 hours is a huge challenge!

Did North really have a hard game in round 1 in the water? They did lose to Gold Coast! after all.

St Kilda DID have a hard game vs Lions in round 1 on a hard ground

Analysing the round 2 game again - St Kilda was right in contest till last quarter when they were overrun. They scored 3 of the last 4 goals in 3rd quarter and had momentun

Yes, not a great result but there were mitigating circumstances.

I am sure there will be a huge response this week

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

DazzlingDaryl wrote:Huge negativity after round 2 loss

St Kilda effectively had no ruckman after half time with Longer injured and North had Goldy in vintage form.

6 day break for first 2 games did not help. After 6 months of not playing, 2 games in only 144 hours is a huge challenge!

Did North really have a hard game in round 1 in the water? They did lose to Gold Coast! after all.

St Kilda DID have a hard game vs Lions in round 1 on a hard ground

Analysing the round 2 game again - St Kilda was right in contest till last quarter when they were overrun. They scored 3 of the last 4 goals in 3rd quarter and had momentun

Yes, not a great result but there were mitigating circumstances.

I am sure there will be a huge response this week
There may be some validity to the points you've raised, but the team were extraordinarily bad against North. North looked very average, but had all bases covered. We looked so ill-prepared and then there was Richo being completely out coached.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Drake Huggins wrote:
jimmygrant1966 wrote:
Drake Huggins wrote:Shows how much you know about police fitness standards. When I left the academy in 1982, you had to be able to do 30 push ups and 30 sit-ups in a minute. 12 minutes for the 3km time trial. Those figures you quoted are not only disrespectful to police but a lie. The standards have been dropped for older women, the same as the military, but I can assure you five push ups on exit? Please.

I respect the military, but you're the one who mentioned Kapooka. I just told you of someone who direct experience of both and gave a forthright and fairly scathing assessment of the place. A sheltered workshop, he called it. Look at the appallingly low entry requirements for the average grunt and get back to me. Did you really do 9 months on the streets of Baghdad. If so, well done. I think eighteen years of locking up murderers, rapist and so called gangsters qualifies me to speak. I'll see your 9 months in Baghdad (doing what exactly?) and raise you five years at Homicide. Death all round, relentlessly every day for years. Give me a spell.

I'm not your son, thank goodness. That stupid, patronising turn of phrase says as much about you as the drivel you post. Jump back in the Delorean and head into the past where you belong. And the commoncold refers to your new best friend, the illiterate halfwit, stonecold. I thought you might have been able to work that out, but then again, on reflection, of course you couldn't. You make a fine pair.
Check it out son under the fitness section.
https://www.policecareer.vic.gov.au/pol ... quirements
Same standards as when you leave.

Further chief, I don't need to go detailing my flaming life history on a message board and big noting myself. I'm old school like that! Good work anyway for your service in uniform!

Nice the disrespect you show Kapooka and its soldiers! True patriot.

Damn son! You talk some absolute crap on here! Guarantee you have been told that before.
Isn't that what you did? Detailed your service to your country? Or did you make that bit up? If you were in the theatre of war and survived, I dips me lid. I was merely replying to your rather irrelevant reference to what is your private history. I wasn't showing disrespect to the soldiers. I was telling you what a former soldier with nine years of service told me. Read it again.

Tell me where I disrespected soldiers? I was disrespecting the crap you posted, as is my right. I suggest you calm yourself down a bit before posting and give some consideration to what you put out there. Didn't they give you training in the service around that?You're the one that tried to turn it into a pissing contest. Maybe if you were in the military you were used to following orders and thinking what you were told to. Another poster in here labelled it "cerebral step lock". Nice.

It's why I eventually left the coppers. A mental straight jacket as well, although not quite as severe as the military, I'm told. One thing you are right about is that I've been told I post crap on here, which unfortunately I sometimes I do. I don't mind when posters justify their stance with reasoned arguments that support their opinions, and facts. I respect them for having the courage of their own convictions, even though I don't agree with them. Are you there , CQS?

What annoys me is the likes of you and your new BFF, commoncold, who post unsupported opinion as fact, bereft of logic and reason and rarely contribute anything of substance. Lots of bluff and blunder, inappropriate punctuation use, because he lacks the adult words to express himself and a lot of self congratulation. Go and have a beer with him and you can marvel at how wonderful and wise you both are, while the famous Monty Python song plays in the background. It's called, "How sweet to be an idiot!"

PS I did my best work in plain clothes. :wink: And please, couldn't you come up with a better example to make your point about relative fitness levels than your dear departed Grandmother? With the best will in the world, the scientist and reductionist in me simply can't imagine a dead person knocking out 5 push-ups and a 5.1 beep test. :shock: :D
Yeah I'm just catching up now Drakey. I will admit that I enjoy reading your more measured posts and I am a fan of your writing style. Its obvious that you are intelligent, even if a little emotionally unstable at times, but with a very personal connection to someone who did your old job for a long time, I understand how the self defence mechanisms kick in and the attack instinct takes over. I am also closely related to a Vietnam War hero but I never heard him carry on like Jimmy. No offense Jim but this forum discusses the good and the bad about the Saints. That's just how it is.
Apparently, I am a blue sky lefty (but you are more likely to find me more centre of left) but occasionally I like to hide behind the frustration of others and wonder what the f*** is going on at the club at times.
Most of the posters on here are passionate Saints supporters but we are all individuals who share a common bond and we are all entitled to our opinions. Drakey has gone beyond an anonymous voice on a forum and his real identity and his authenticity has been challenged. It is obvious he has had a real connection to the club and is a passionate supporter. We dont always agree and we have gotten quite heated with, and insulting toward, eachother but there is a mutual respect.
Criticism can be healthy and positivity can be uplifting but we are all entitled to a voice. The thing to remember in the end is that this is a game. Opinions are like assholes; everybody has one.
You have to cross the white line and put yourself in firing line to earn respect and in doing so? you must also be prepared to take the criticism.
We have been very dissapointing recently, hopefully Saturday will provide us with hope and one or two heros will emerge.

Drake Huggins
Club Player

Nail, hammer , head, CQS. I copped quite a flogging in a brawl on the job back in the old days. Was Kicked in the face several times and suffered numerous fractures to the skull, nose and eye socket. I reckon I was never the same again. Short tempered and quick to startle, which was the opposite of what I'd been. It's only when I got back to uni and did abnormal psych. as a subject that I realised something was NQR. It took quite a few surgeries and time to get over the physical scars. The mental bit still lurks in the background. In that line of work you also accumulate a lot of emotional garbage that rarely gets purged.

Very perceptive of you, but your direct connection explains a lot. My ex said I changed completely over time and just shut down. PTSD is a bastard alright. At least my kids, family, partner and friends still love me. More people than we think carry around the burden in silence. So thanks for your kind words. Much appreciated. Now where's that copy of Pravda! :)

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

jimmygrant1966 wrote:Long time reader and first time poster.

Seriously, some of you so called Saints supporters need to show some bloody ticker! One bad loss and everyone is at the club's throat from the CEO, to the coaches, players, recruiters, backroom staff, etc. Then there is talk of folding and relocating and cleaning out the list! Get real!

Its tough following the Saints but roll up your sleeves and show some ticker! I bet if the Saints won this weekend or made the finals in 18 then you would be the first on the flaming bandwagon quick smart. I guarantee it.

The Saints have been through alot worse and came out the other end. Much much worse. Stick fat.

Jesus, thank god I would never have to serve in a trench next to some of you blokes as you would bug out at the first whistle of a bullet going past your neck! Thank god WW3 ain't around the corner!!!
Sorry, don’t agree.

Just because you barrack for a football club doesn’t mean that you owe them your undivided loyalty. St Kilda FC is a business and and as a business they are $10 mill in debt, contractually handcuffed to a mediocre coach, recruited an okay team at best and are well behind the mission statement they publicly declared about being “destination club”, recruiting a big fish and being a top four team. We’ve so far been snubbed by every free agent in the market and we’ve just been flogged by a wooden spoon favourite on our own dung heap. St Kilda FC is a shabbily run business and I’m calling it for what it is.

Why should following a footy club mean that you’re only a “loyal” supporter if you follow them with rose-tonite glasses and never utter a word of criticism in their direction?

I remember after the 2009 GF I got flamed for saying that the club may only have one last crack at a flag before the window closes. Same crap was hurled my way - needlessly negative, not a true Sainter, need to stick fat, etc. Believe me, I really wish I really wish I had been proven wrong.

Just because a lot of us are justifiably critical of the club, doesn’t make us any less loyal. Does criticising the PM make us so unpatriotic and un-Australian?

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote:

Seriously, some of you so called Saints supporters need to show some bloody ticker! One bad loss and everyone is at the club's throat from the CEO, to the coaches, players, recruiters, backroom staff, etc. Then there is talk of folding and relocating and cleaning out the list! Get real!

Its tough following the Saints but roll up your sleeves and show some ticker! I bet if the Saints won this weekend or made the finals in 18 then you would be the first on the flaming bandwagon quick smart. I guarantee it.

The Saints have been through alot worse and came out the other end. Much much worse. Stick fat.

Jesus, thank god I would never have to serve in a trench next to some of you blokes as you would bug out at the first whistle of a bullet going past your neck! Thank god WW3 ain't around the corner!!!
Sorry, don’t agree.

Just because you barrack for a football club doesn’t mean that you owe them your undivided loyalty. St Kilda FC is a business and and as a business they are $10 mill in debt, contractually handcuffed to a mediocre coach, recruited an okay team at best and are well behind the mission statement they publicly declared about being “destination club”, recruiting a big fish and being a top four team. We’ve so far been snubbed by every free agent in the market and we’ve just been flogged by a wooden spoon favourite on our own dung heap. St Kilda FC is a shabbily run business and I’m calling it for what it is.

Why should following a footy club mean that you’re only a “loyal” supporter if you follow them with rose-tonite glasses and never utter a word of criticism in their direction?

I remember after the 2009 GF I got flamed for saying that the club may only have one last crack at a flag before the window closes. Same crap was hurled my way - needlessly negative, not a true Sainter, need to stick fat, etc. Believe me, I really wish I really wish I had been proven wrong.

Just because a lot of us are justifiably critical of the club, doesn’t make us any less loyal. Does criticising the PM make us so unpatriotic and un-Australian?
Spot on SS.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

SydneySainter wrote:

Sorry, don’t agree.

Totally agree.

What makes it worse, teams like hawks cats swans dont stay down for long and bottom out. They are persistently top 4 or finals playing teams. To me they are coached successfully well. Pick great players or have the ability to make great players and are destination clubs to attract great players.
We consistently make bad/wrong decisions.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Spot on SS.
The regime will come and go and we will still be here.
Sticking fat to the club doesn't mean believing every body in a mgt role is a brilliant mastermind and leadership guru combining John Monash and Prophet Mohamad.
Being loyal to the Saints is different to loyal to the regime. We aren't North Korea I hope.
There are obvious problems with the current regime which you have deftly and succinctly pointed out.
Maybe more people should have questioned Archie Fraser back in 2010 rather than sticking fat and believing he was a 'great operator'.
Loyalty is not putting ones head in the sand.
We will all be here when the current mob are cleared out. If the club survives in its present form.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:The white flag went up pretty quick.
Oh “Jacks Back”, thank you. You have given me a little light relief with that comment. You did make me smile and have a bit of a giggle.

My blood was beginning to boil last night reading some of the nonsensical military anologies on this thread. Comparing theatres of war and football players/supporters........ the stupidity of some amaze me.

I am currently in the UK. And last night I happened to be privileged to attend at Cardogen Hall, London for the International premiere of Can Atilla’s, Symphony No: 2, Gallipoli, the 57th Regiment, played by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.

Can Atilla is one of Turkey’s leading contemporary composers. His new powerful requiem symphony is dedicated to the memory of the Ottoman Army’s 57th Infantry Regiment. They were immortalised by Mustafa Kemal Ataturk’s vital order to his troops as they held the hill above what is now called Anzac Cove. “Men, I am not ordering you to attack. I am ordering you to die. In the time that it takes us to die, other forces and commanders can come and take our place.” The 57th Regiment has never been re-formed, in tribute to their selfless sacrifice.

It was a most moving friendship concert, building bridges between our nations. I spoke to a number of Turkish dignitaries last night, not only about the significance of Gallipoli for Australia, New Zealand and Turkey, but also about the current political and social upheaval Turkey is experiencing at the moment with all the confusion & turmoil in the Middle East.

So I came home last night, from that powerful, moving concert and a few somewhat disturbing discussions with Turkish nationals about the state of their nation with a bit of a heavy heart. I thought for light relief I would log into Sainsational and see what all our ‘footy experts’ would be bickering about. Why oh why did I pick this thread to read? My blood began to boil. I was pleased that SaintPav called it out as nauseating.

I came back to it tonight...... in a much lighter mood (for once it wasn’t cold & raining in London). And, Jacks Back, thankfully I came across your delightful little tongue-in-cheek post ....... it caused me much mirth.

That’s what I love about Sainstational, some wag poster can throw a little gem in. Usually the combatants don’t see it, to appreciate it, as they are too busy thumping on their keyboards with their next ‘pissing up the wall’ comment.

Carry on folks, I hope I can get the tv going this weekend to watch the Saints v Crows. I’m looking after a friends home in London whilst they are having holidays back in Aus. Trouble is everything in the home is wifi controlled, and a techno Luddite like me is having a very confusing time.
Though good luck, bad management, or whatever, I got the telly working on Good Friday and saw about a quarter & a half of the Saints debacle ......... then the good lord himself must intervened and next minute the tv screen is showing me a service from some cathedral in Wales. The good lord must have thought I needed sheltering from what the Saints were dishing up. Haven’t I read the saying ........ “The Lord moves in mysterious ways.” ????

Wish me luck in cranking up this confusing tv this weekend :P

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Have a bloody good trip Loris. And Go the Mighty Saints.

Always loyal
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Oh, and hang in there Jimmygrant.

Always loyal
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for the kind words loris and good luck with the telly.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Drake Huggins
Club Player

SemperFidelis wrote:Oh, and hang in there Jimmygrant.
As much as I hung it on him, I agree semper F. I got a red hot baptism to SS, with my initial post drawing a barrage of opprobrium. On reflection, I deserved it. Like Jg66, I swanned in here and criticised posters, incorrectly as it turned out. If he keep arms from that error, he'll be fine. I just think he went hard and when confronted went to jelly. That's the worst thing you can do on here. All passionate saints are welcome on here.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Before we become irrelevant I do think that some people need some ticker if the Saints are going to get back on track. I don't think it's the players, or the supporters that need to show courage

The coach and selection committee made a statement tonight. They played Nathan Wright. I know I'm being facetious and maybe some will say it's disrespectful to the player and I'm sorry for that, but please...how can you justify playing a guy that is clearly not up to AFL standard? What's the wildcard next week Richo? Are you going to bring in Lonie?

If the board has any ticker ....or any brains...some footy department heads need to go.