Dunstan

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Dunstan

I know it’s been commented on before but how he has been left out from our first two matches I do not know?

Surely his last 6 games of 17 warranted a spot...?? On top of that he was far from our worst in JLt

Just extraordinary decision making my the selection committee

Also leaving white out, touted as one of our better kicks and a young player seemingly at ease with the pace of afl stinks in my opinion

#1 Ryder fan
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dunstan

Fully agree with your comments on both players especially Dunstan. He should never have been dropped nor should White have been dropped last year after several excellent games,

I was actually going to post a new thread along the lines of your post on Dunstan.

Unbelievable decion on the part of the selectors.

If they wanted to give him a kick up the bum, I can think of half a dozen players who should have been lined up for said kick before Luke.
Last edited by saynta on Wed 04 Apr 2018 10:36am, edited 1 time in total.

Drake Huggins
Club Player

Hear, hear, MCG And Saynta. Both look comfortable at the highest level. In 2016, Dunstan was even being touted as a future captain. White has shown great signs in his four games. What's happened?

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

How Armo got in ahead of Dunstan after practically missing the last 12 months of footy is beyond me.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
portosaint
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:How Armo got in ahead of Dunstan after practically missing the last 12 months of footy is beyond me.
Bit of a backwards move. I did say at the time it was unfortunate but Luke would get plenty of opportunity. Surely plays this week

Rocket
Club Player

Richo will go with a conservative old guard - Gilbert, Dunstan, Weller.

Risk free policy so no games for Rice or Battle. Probably throw Marshall in too as Hickey even if he didn’t play well will get the nod.

stonecold
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:How Armo got in ahead of Dunstan after practically missing the last 12 months of footy is beyond me.
In that 12 months, Luke hasn't gone past Armo, it's that simple Michael!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
congorozides
Club Player

Absurd to play Armo ahead of Dunstan.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The ugly perception of favouritism has been over our club for a while and it’s just coming to focus now...

The expectation of David Armitage is that he should be one of our top 2 mids every week and 3/4 of his games should be good to great...
similar to Jack Steven but Jack is much closer to the mark.

If Armo is mediocre... I struggle to see the point in playing him ahead of any developing mids. He’s not in the team to develop.

How he got in ahead of Dunstan... especially given his preseason form was nothing special is hard to explain to the point of delusional.

Same deal with Mav Weller last year... we played him injured. INJURED. And he kept his spot for meagre returns for 18 games. He played 18 average games and even though he was injured we still preferred him to others.

It seems as though it’s happening with Billy Longer now... he’s lacking match fitness... as in the guy whose only strength is to get to contests, tap and bullock has a reduced ability to do that and we played him ahead of both Marshall and Hickey.
Neither of them may be up to it right now but they can do something Billy can’t do... give a 100% for the entire game.

Personally, I don’t blame Tom Hickey for being a basket case... he must feel that he cops the same type of treatment from the coach that the fans dish out to Paddy... an outspoken expectation to fail. Who could perform in those circumstances.

Even a guy like Sebastian who is clearly an AFL player and clearly top 22 at our club... we talk and carry on about him as though he’s an elite star of the game but he’s not. He’s not damaging enough. Seb is a guy that should be considered as the first of the next rotation of mids... as in he’s not a star but he’s pretty good. Some rate him as captain material.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Its not favouritism.

It is trust.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
degruch
Saintsational Legend

I only considered Armo a sensible inclusion given our soft first few games, and the requirement for some experience in the midfield. As it turns out, he was bog average...in particular, that furious ball spinning, two step 40m punt at goal was as far from setting an example as you could get, especially given the balance of the game at that time. But we do know what he is capable of in top form, I don't blame the club for testing the waters and seeing if he still has it.

Drake Huggins
Club Player

I shouted at the TV when he did his casual ball spinning shot at goal as well, degruch. Something you do in kick to kick, not when a game's on the line. What a surprise that he missed!

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
stonecold
SS Life Member

Drake Huggins wrote:I shouted at the TV when he did his casual ball spinning shot at goal as well, degruch. Something you do in kick to kick, not when a game's on the line. What a surprise that he missed!
Couldn't attend the game?????

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
The Real Numpty
Club Player

stonecold wrote:
Drake Huggins wrote:I shouted at the TV when he did his casual ball spinning shot at goal as well, degruch. Something you do in kick to kick, not when a game's on the line. What a surprise that he missed!
Couldn't attend the game?????
I would have attended too Mr Austin, believe me. But then my very good friend Gen Sir John Monash, he pointed out to me that I would have to fly over some shithouse countries, like Seaford. #youcan'tmakeshithousecountriesgreat

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

I've got a sneaking suspicion that Luke Dunstan played his last game for Sandringham last weekend.