Are you still angry ?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Lenny
Club Player

Re: Are you still angry ?

YES

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Sh!tty as...still get worked up every time I start talking about it.

Vazelos
Club Player

I was furious and bewildered...
I am still angry but now I am really concerned...

Drake Huggins
Club Player

Where is the president, CEO, Lethlean etc? Why has there been virtually air silence from the club. Apart from TMBK's usual cliche fest on 360, they've offered us donuts. Maybe they think by turtling us, it will look like they've pulled together behind the coach, but it's having the opposite effect on me. Frustrating. Maybe they're hoping to let their actions do the talking. Let's hope so.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
kalsaint
Club Player

perfectionist wrote:Everything since three quarter time in the 1971 GF has been a bad dream.
This is so true.

1991 Lose to Geelong in semis Locket Stars but Brownless out scores him
1997 - Lose to an Adelaide team after losing all our quality talls. Loewe doing 2 roles, Shanahan befuddled by Jarman's roaming with no accountability.
2004 - Preliminary at Adelaide. Port win after momentum drain by Saints after Grhrig kicks 100 for the season.
2005 - Injury plague leading into finals. Barry Hall gives a tummy tap and gets off relishing a Grand Final win
2006 - GT sacked after finals. Boss on drugs.
2009 - Ross Lyon puts a taxing game plan built on defence to te team. 2nd stringers manage within this plan. Team strong but a bit slow then kicked themselves out of it in the first half. Should have been 30 points up at half time. Instead Ablett was able to get 2 quick goals to build their confidence and sneak over the line. Great season without success with 2 losses all year (1 to Norf).
2010 - Tough year with Roo missing much of the season but elevated performance pror to finals gave confidence. Couldnt match the new updated Ross Lyon plan style of Collingwood but still BJ and Lenny alone nearly pinched it. We dont have those leaders and elite players now.
2011 - oops, start of the slide that we still havent recovered from. Kicking has remained a problem since GT was sacked. Funny that, its still a feature now but recruitment and player accountability seem to have ignored skills by foot as paramount.
2016-17 - Borderline to finals based on closer AFL competition and pressure game. Skills caused percentage to be rank both years. Still no action by recruitment to gain an elite with the big salary cap gap available.
2018 - First game against a young talented Brisbane at home was tough. Brisbane recognised the need for some +200gamer players as part of Leadership need and recruit Hodge. Rd 2 flogging to young team expected to participate low down the ladder. Cost reputation and percentage and illustrates that while pressure can be usful to win games is not a consistent matter with this team. Teams with big bodied midfielders generally have dined out on percentage when playing Saints in last 3-4 years. Saints allow slide in mids experience hide the general down back and the tall forwards run amock at half back helping th midfield get the ball to an open paddock. Unfortunately players are not Nick Riewoldt, don't have the aerobic strength to get back quick enough to register a contest, mark or major most times. Forwards all try to be opportunsts and dont get front and centre to contests so turnovers result often with opposition scoring being free and capable of running into goals.

Whats next? A club review on long term issues and performance and detailed 5 year review against whats been gleaned from other clubs. Many others are now closing or have passed Saints. Lets think, If Melbourne, Hawks join recent regulars, Giant, Swans, Adelaide, Richmond (now), Bombers and Port, who has to drop to allow a poor performance Saints brigade into the 8? Hmm.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
axcellence
Club Player

The so called high draft pick strategy has yielded 2 players who have skill but the rest are inconsistent or with low kicking skills. Done better with cheap recruits such as Bruce, Membrey and to an extent Weller.

Might have been better to trade to capitalise on when Roo, Monty and Lenny were around and bottom out later.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

kalsaint wrote:
perfectionist wrote:Everything since three quarter time in the 1971 GF has been a bad dream.
This is so true.

1991 Lose to Geelong in semis Locket Stars but Brownless out scores him

Brownless didn't outscore Lockett.

Brownless 8
Bruns, Denham, Hocking 2
Couch

Lockett 9
McAdam 2
Coghlan, Loewe, Nixon

ACTSAINTER
Club Player

http://www.news.com.au/video/id-5348771 ... mbarrassed'

Personally I would have liked to have seen this from AR, and yes I am still angry...............

"Oh I do love to be beside the sea side..........................................."