Prozac Nation

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

How do I cope with the disappointment of 2018?

Up the ante on my antidepressants
19%
Up the ante on my booze consumption
14%
Both
43%
Pull the pin and embrace cowardice like that galah who blowtorched his membership on Twitter
24%

Total votes: 21

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Prozac Nation

Honestly, after the Good Friday ordeal, I can't remember feeling this pessimistic about the club since the Waverley meltdown against Hawthorn in 1999. The realisation that the rebuild has all but failed has really sunk in.

In 2014, we were promised a top 8 team by 2018 and there isn't a shred of evidence to suggest the team is going to play finals. We deserve better than this!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Prozac Nation

Bye Bye Richo!

.....we’re on the road to nowhere!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The only positive is that it happened in round 2.

Don't live your life through external forces.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:.....we’re on the road to nowhere!
Great song!

Listening to decent music might also help me get through this footy season.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Very disappointing, to say the least.

Top 4 by 2018 is just another pipedream, sadly.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I see the last option is equal top choice along with option 3 of taking drugs and booze together. I choose booze alone, but I have to admit I've thought about the last option as well. Maybe I'll just get pissed and visit here and abuse the club and it's admin for the next few weeks. You feel like you're entitled to vent when you front up with your hard earned year after year

I'm definitely suffering a delayed reaction. Perhaps there are a few others feeling the same. I'm going to have a hard time convincing some 'not so stuck on supporters' to come along to a Saints game for the next few weeks or until we show something. That's the most worrying aspect and that's what is so troubling when you consider the ramifications re sponsors, memberships, attracting free agents etc.

Drake Huggins
Club Player

I'm afraid it's going to be the grog for me. I've been dry since the 5th of January, but I've been looking for a reason to break the drought. This is as good a reason as any. If that fails, I'm moving onto something harder. Bugger the anti depressants. Give me some acid. Reality sucks. Give me a trip. Stat.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Drake Huggins wrote:Bugger the anti depressants. Give me some acid. Reality sucks. Give me a trip. Stat.
Hahaha LSD is meant to open the doors of one's perception. Some of the great thinkers and artists took it in the 20th century, so it couldn't be all bad. Just make sure you don't take the brown acid, DH!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

No suitable option there for me.

Drake Huggins
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:
Drake Huggins wrote:Bugger the anti depressants. Give me some acid. Reality sucks. Give me a trip. Stat.
Hahaha LSD is meant to open the doors of one's perception. Some of the great thinkers and artists took it in the 20th century, so it couldn't be all bad. Just make sure you don't take the brown acid, DH!
Indeed, Sainternist. LSD was widely used with cancer patients in palliative care. Many found the experience revelatory, with many having classic NDE's, or near death experiences. Ancient tribes also have hallucinogens at the centre of many rituals and healing techniques. If you want to see something fascinating, YouTube the US military experiments with LSD on soldiers in the field. The military first thought LSD would be a truth serum. When those experiments ended in disaster, including suicides by some participants, they switched to making combat soldiers impervious to fear. Watch and enjoy the comedy unfold!

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:No suitable option there for me.
And what would be a suitable option for you, Saynta?
Drake Huggins wrote:YouTube the US military experiments with LSD on soldiers in the field. The military first thought LSD would be a truth serum. When those experiments ended in disaster, including suicides by some participants, they switched to making combat soldiers impervious to fear. Watch and enjoy the comedy unfold!
That would make for some very black comedy. I am morbidly curious to check it out, however. Which reminds me, I never got around to reading Aldous Huxley's book on his experiences experimenting with LSD. I've never tried any of those types of drugs. Despite having friends whom have told me of their wonderful and life-changing experiences with them, I have always felt too apprehensive to delve into the world of hallucinogenic/psychedelic drug taking. I guess it's an underlying of losing my mind which holds me back.