POOS&WEES

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

POOS&WEES

Why aren't Hawthorn one of our main rivals? These bastards have been cutting in on our lunch since 1971. They just seem to outshine us all the bloody time. They're always encroaching on our territory. Now they are basing themselves in Dingley, FFS. They are meant to be in rebuild mode and they are showing up Geelong today. I'm typing this as McEvoy marks and kicks a goal to put them further in front. Their supporters are generally so smug. And Jeff Kennett's remarks about our debt only makes me hate them like no tomorrow.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Re: POOS&WEES

Have they really been in rebuild? McEvoy, Rioli, Roughhead, Smith, Bruest, Gunston, Puopolo, Burgoyne, Frawley, all present, they said goodbye to 4 ageing stars in the last couple seasons, but recruited Mitchell, O'Meara, O'Rourke and Impey. Hardly a St Kilda style rebuild, if a rebuild at all.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:Have they really been in rebuild? McEvoy, Rioli, Roughhead, Smith, Bruest, Gunston, Puopolo, Burgoyne, Frawley, all present, they said goodbye to 4 ageing stars in the last couple seasons, but recruited Mitchell, O'Meara, O'Rourke and Impey. Hardly a St Kilda style rebuild, if a rebuild at all.
I suppose it wasn't any type of conventional rebuild. Perhaps more a period of readjustment last year.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Drake Huggins
Club Player

It was just what Hawthorn always does. Identifies what it needs and goes and gets it. Like the Swines, Adelaide and Geelong. No need for early picks, just shrewd judgement, competent recruiters and great caching/development programs. Simples. Imagine what the dorks would've done with our bonanza of early picks in the last seven years.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
ace
Saintsational Legend

Recruit kids wisely and turn them into AFL footballers.
Hawthron excels at both.
St Kilda accepts cr@p.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.