Richo - the king of excuses

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cordz2
Club Player

Richo - the king of excuses

Can’t believe Riches presso. Has to look for positives. He said ‘if we park the last quarter we were only 10 points down at 3/4 time. Mate we should be 10 goals up against a bottom team that kicked 2/12 in the first half.
This guy is the king of making excuses.
He seems like a nice guy but I’d rather an a$$ who doesn’t make excuses and makes the players work with an intelligent game plan.
Our plan this year seemed to be - let’s just hope we see a general improvement from our players.
WTF????????

sainters85
Club Player

Re: Richo - the king of excuses

it's all cody's fault

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Dude get a grip

He’s hardly going to say it’s all stuffed, my plan sucks it’s all screwed

felix
Club Player

Did he say it was pathetic, unacceptable, deplorable, soft, going to hurt on the track this week?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Dude get a grip

He’s hardly going to say it’s all stuffed, my plan sucks it’s all screwed
At least have the balls to call it as it is
I know they’re still trying to sell memberships but they are fooling no one
We need a coach with some serious mongrel and we e got Cinderella

“Yeah….nah””
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

bit poor to have cody in that presser - soften the media, deflect.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

We keep hearing that the players aren't following instructions.

In that case, as per Cool Hand Luke, "what we have here is a failure to communicate."

And that goes straight to the coach.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Behold the Suns with a good coach. It is reported Alan said on radio that the match up with 6 goal Brown wasn't good - D'oh, day late and several thousand dollars short. Same old rote coaching is not cutting it; what the heck was that yesterday, does he think we can't handle the truth. Whatever is badly amiss with the playing group we deserve to be told.

bouttime

we wouldn't know if the game plan stacks up because the players have rarely hit enough targets prove or disprove it.
It looks to be a skill level issue.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

bouttime wrote:we wouldn't know if the game plan stacks up because the players have rarely hit enough targets prove or disprove it.
It looks to be a skill level issue.
A good coach develops a plan that suits his playing group.
A not bright coach keeps sticking to a plan that doesn't suit his playing group.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

I heard a commentator saying (Nathan -the retired one- Brown) that he was concerned because he “couldn’t see a definite game plan”. I’m never sure what this statement really means, altho ive heard it often about Buckley and Collingwood. I mean, having an obvious game plan wouldn’t be good in most competitive situations. Can anyone explain what he really means especially if he means? Is he saying we have no structures or routines? How important is it to have an obvious plan? (Speaking of obvious plans, would Dave Warner be interested in some part-time work during his time off? Because I can’t see how we re gonna be consistently winning at the moment.)

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Drake Huggins
Club Player

desertsaint wrote:bit poor to have cody in that presser - soften the media, deflect.
Agreed, desertsaint. That was one of the most inappropriate and ridiculous things I've seen. Cowardly, in fact. Hide behind a poor sick kid and use up three minutes of an eight minute presser asking the poor boy stupid questions. TMBK looked as comfortable as a cow on ice skates, while poor little Cody just looked confused. The kid should've been given his chance on camera after TMBK had finished and given some direct answers instead of mumbling his usual cliches out of the side of his mouth. Maybe Cody's hero, Josh Bruce could've come in for a short Q and A after TMBK.

Clearly shows he's under the pump and has no answers. If he's like that in the box then heaven help us. He's always been slow to respond,tactically, but yesterday really exposed him. Out thought, out coached, failed in his strategy if there was any. Reactive, never proactive. He has never shown any creativity, boldness or courage. He is extremely risk averse. Average player. Less than average coach. A leopard never changes its spots, or a magpie its stripes. Who was the numpty who decided to extend him until the end of 2020, in a year we went backwards? Amateur hour at the saints again. And again.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote:I heard a commentator saying (Nathan -the retired one- Brown) that he was concerned because he “couldn’t see a definite game plan”. I’m never sure what this statement really means, altho ive heard it often about Buckley and Collingwood. I mean, having an obvious game plan wouldn’t be good in most competitive situations. Can anyone explain what he really means especially if he means? Is he saying we have no structures or routines? How important is it to have an obvious plan? (Speaking of obvious plans, would Dave Warner be interested in some part-time work during his time off? Because I can’t see how we re gonna be consistently winning at the moment.)
OK, for it to be officially deemed a "Game Plan", the prerequisite is that:
a) The drunken horde aboard the S.S. Internet must understand and consent to every nuance of it
b) The media must sing the praises of it
c) The rest of the AFL coaching community must so oblivious to it, that they have no alternative but to smash their phones, and concede defeat.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

tony74 agreed with one poster on here, that the players didn't execute the game plan.

Don't laugh, there probably is a game plan, just like Elon Musk has a plan to send astronauts to Mars;
I think Musk will get there before our geniuses get another cup in the bloody cabinet.

If the players keep ignoring the coaches, then the coaches have lost the playing group.
I don't care that Henry Playfair is new, I don't believe many players actually take any notice of any coaches at all.

Yes, I am questioning the character of the players, which may get me banned again.
But I say the players have a serious attitude problem and are not playing for EACH other but are purely playing for themselves.

Remember that Power game when everyone was expecting somebody else to defend? Remember? "Not my job, someone else can do it"
was the body language.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:tony74 agreed with one poster on here, that the players didn't execute the game plan.

Don't laugh, there probably is a game plan, just like Elon Musk has a plan to send astronauts to Mars;
I think Musk will get there before our geniuses get another cup in the bloody cabinet..
There's a poll in this -Will StKilda win a second flag before we have established a base of operation on Mars?

Not many clubs asking that question, but currently Mars is looking more likely.

Nee!
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:tony74 agreed with one poster on here, that the players didn't execute the game plan.

I think Musk will get there before our geniuses get another cup in the bloody cabinet..
There's a poll in this -Will StKilda win a second flag before we have established a base of operation on Mars?

Nee!
Trump

Richo reckons the game plan is proven to work. Pffft what game plan ? Worst performace ive ever seen.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Trump wrote:Richo reckons the game plan is proven to work. Pffft what game plan ? Worst performace ive ever seen.
Something happened against Giants n Tigers last year.
The players seemed to have a telepathic link or understanding of each other,
and everything seemed to just gel.

Then we have games against Swines, Crows etc where the players aren't accomplished,
skilled athletes, but rather fumbly, unskilled and confused.

I blame all of the coaches- 100%
for not being able to work out
1. Why they can play so well 'occasionally'
2. Why they play like rubbish
3. How to fix the problems to GET consistent performances
4. How to fight back when things aren't going their way.

COACHES NEED TO STEP UP OR GTFO

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Drake Huggins
Club Player

fugazi wrote:

I'm just hoping we win a premiership when we relocate to Mars. There'll be more atmosphere there than there was at Etihad on Friday.

"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
stonecold
SS Life Member

Drake Huggins wrote:
fugazi wrote:

I'm just hoping we win a premiership when we relocate to Mars. There'll be more atmosphere there than there was at Etihad on Friday.
From Pluto to Mars, wow!!!!!

Serious question, do you have anything positive at all to say about our footy club?????

Not taking the piss, just wondering!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Drake Huggins
Club Player

It was a joke. I've posted plenty of positive things about the club, it's just there is a crisis that I could see coming at the end of last year. I would like nothing more than the team to turn it around and succeed. That's why we support the club, cough up membership money and donations year after year and invest our time. There comes a time when you need to point out the bleeding obvious to those you're fond of or value. Be it a wayward child, employee, colleague, friend or partner. It may hurt, but it's necessary sometimes. You can either face the truth or continue to be a sychophantic enabler, who makes things worse.

We are the most loyal supporters in the competition. We've suffered more disappointment than any other club's supporters and stuck with our club through decade after decade of poor administration and outright incompetence. If nothing changes, nothing changes. My fear is, we're already on notice from the Death Star to get our act together, a clear signal that we're causing concern.

The great physicist, Richard Feynman, provides us with a very elegant explanation as to why you can fool people most of the time. The less curiousity, intelligence and ability to think critically a person has, the more likely they are to accept simplistic answers to complex questions, and believe what they are being told by authority figures. It is why Trump was elected. Simple sound bites, grand statements about forthcoming actions, which are neither realistic nor doable (Scott Watters' Juggernaut anyone?) but are nevertheless attractive are often enough to sway opinion.

Feynman gave the example of why magnets repulse and attract. He addressed a class of elementary schoolchildren on this subject. He told them an invisible force called magnetism would act on the magnets depending on how they were positioned. He then showed them this in action. They were amazed and unquestioningly accepted his explanation.

He posed the same question to his class of PhD physics students. They listened to the answer (the same he gave the kids) and they derided him for his hopelessly inadequate explanation, which was also riddled with false assumptions and completely lacking in essential details. Feynman then gave a full and detailed explanation, which was accepted, even though more questions were posed at the end of the session.

That, my dear SC, is how we have advanced as a society since the enlightenment. It's why we no longer believe in a flat earth (although some ignoramuses do), know the Sun is not the centre of the universe, have a legal system not based on torture and trial by ordeal, a democracy, a high standard of living, modern medicine, etc. This can only happen when certain individuals question, cajole, agitate and campaign for improvement. Some of us even actively work to better what we see as a shortfall. That's why we're no longer living in caves, because someone wasn't satisfied with the standard of accommodation. It's human nature never to be satisfied. To always make things easier and better. It's biologically hard wired into us. Most of my clients used to say all they wanted to be was happy and satisfied with their lives. The bad news is we're designed never to be truly satisfied. To keep seeking. To be curious. As soon as we achieve something, it isn't long before we're looking for something else.

We do it for what interests us and what we truly care about. That's why we work for our families, try to make a difference and hopefully make a better society. It applies equally to a football club. Of course St.Kilda is much more than that to those of us on here. We love the club, otherwise in its consistent failure to deliver, we would've dropped off long ago. I may not think much of some posters on here, but they are very much in the minority, and one thing I know is that all of us love the saints. That's what unites us. What we all have in common.

We are all hurting after Friday, because our deepest fear about our club may be unfolding. That is why I've started a series of post questioning the performance of those running the show. I'm not doing it to be abusive and in the hope I doom the club to failure. I do it in the hope it makes people consider, analyse and agitate for accountability with the aim of improvement. Don't fall for the trap of confirmation bias, SC. that is, paying attention to only that which suits your views and opinions at the expense of facts and opposing views. Check my posting history and I think you'll find the positive far outweighs the negative.

Conflict is the best driver of change and improvement, so value those who oppose you. They actually do a lot to improve us. So in that last post, I was taking the piss. I thought you might even get a chuckle out of it. As for always looking back, I don't always. I like to have 360 degree vision. I hope that all makes sense. As Marcus Aurelius told us, "Everything we hear is merely an opinion, everything we see is merely a perception." To magnifisaint, I apologise for the rambling in advance.

"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"No, it isn't."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
spert
Saintsational Legend

Didn't GT post a tweet after the North loss. I won't repeat it, but it was pretty much to the point, and although the coach wasn't mentioned, I think you can read between the lines.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Drake Huggins has just penned the most majestic and profound post seen on this forum.
Brilliant stuff.

I have also had a supernova of negativity in recent times.
I'll include some positives.
Moorabbin re development.
Coffee and Clark draft.
Acres, Billings, Gresh.

That's about it.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Drake Huggins has just penned the most majestic and profound post seen on this forum.
Brilliant stuff.
A lot of deep fart cupping, but I enjoyed none the less - 8/10

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

I watched his presser too. If all he has to offer after that performance is “ we’re going to get our hands dirty this week” then that sums up his coaching limitations. Old school, flog em on the track nonsense that will achieve nothing in the long run. A performance like that can only be down to mental issues. They’re not physically unfit, they’re mentally unfit and that’s wha it needs to be addressed at root level. Until it is, we will achieve nothing.