The Worst Type of Supporter

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

The Worst Type of Supporter

I woke up to see this tweet by some spoilt brat millennial:

It makes me sad and think that it only damages the club. If he comes crawling back, he should be given a red nose to wear at Saints matches.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Re: The Worst Type of Supporter

Why ? That’s his right. Club deserves everything they are copping. Bunch of no idea spineless no hopers
If I was still a member I’d consider doing the same.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

I strangely don’t condemn it either. A little over dramatic perhaps, clearly venting and crying for attention, but I’ve long since abandoned the “true blue” or “loyal at all costs” supporter loyalty. Footscray and Richmond have broken their premiership droughts, Geelong and Hawthorn have evolved into Victorian juggernauts, the Bombers have rebounded from the doping scandal and even the Dees have a reason to be excited, yet we’re still the same old St Kilda. Even the AFL appointing one of their own to “sort us out” hasn’t worked. The supporters have sold a lemon.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Too true Sydneysainter.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I' d be more disappointed if Saint supporters sat back and copped it sweet. That guy is actually displaying the passion he has for the club. It is a passionate protest. Good on him. He like us is gutted.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Come on, guys! This is a next level low. It's also the trite and cliche stuff those Richmond martyr supporters do. Perhaps the rest of you can do the same? Ya pack of galahs!!

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Sainternist wrote:Come on, guys! This is a next level low. It's also the trite and cliche stuff those Richmond martyr supporters do. Perhaps the rest of you can do the same? Ya pack of galahs!!
Quite possibly, but for as long as we were saying “at least we’re not Richmond,” look where we’re at compared to the Tigers. I don’t think any of those Richmond martyrs envy us now.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote:
Sainternist wrote:Come on, guys! This is a next level low. It's also the trite and cliche stuff those Richmond martyr supporters do. Perhaps the rest of you can do the same? Ya pack of galahs!!
Quite possibly, but for as long as we were saying “at least we’re not Richmond,” look where we’re at compared to the Tigers. I don’t think any of those Richmond martyrs envy us now.
Meanwhile, you're watching from your ivory tower in Sydney. Too easy for you. You don't have to show up and you can just watch the games from the comfort of your own living room. I took public transport home last night and got the usual heckling from passes by, but it doesn't make me want to not wear the club colours or stay at home. I've come this far and there's no going back. Live by the sword, die by the sword or embrace cowardice and slink off to Richmond.

David-Lee
Club Player

I vent, bitch, gripe, whinge, weep, argue, demean and generally get all sooky. Its part of the endemic Saints. We are in a state of poverty.

The supporters though...we do support. I buy membership, I live 3 days drive from the stadium but I get to a few. I buy extras and support club causes. I buy shirts and hats etc from the club shop.
I hate on those who dare attack us.
I do praise effort and encourage the team to improve but,
Its part and parcel to bitch and moan when your team is mostly poor in every area from the top down.

But throwing in the towel burning memberships or whatever? Nah.
We are Aussies. Its not loyalty or commitment...its Australian. We get connected we pick our side and we dig in...we might get slaughtered or we might flounder for a 100 years and relentlessly bitch about it. But if turn and burn you are a coward and I will happily say it to your face. Either dig in and settle the matter of who's side you're on forever or piss off.
Last edited by David-Lee on Sat 31 Mar 2018 1:54pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Recruit
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:I woke up to see this tweet by some spoilt brat millennial:

It makes me sad and think that it only damages the club. If he comes crawling back, he should be given a red nose to wear at Saints matches.
Not at all. Exactly what the club deserves. I 100% support the burning of the membership. If our team resisted being demolished like that membership card did we might have done a bit better.

To be honest the saints can get f***ed

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

if '86' is his birth year,
the tool is 32 years old.
Hardly a millenial

Anyway, he'll just contact the club to get a new one
Last edited by WellardSaint on Sat 31 Mar 2018 12:27pm, edited 1 time in total.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

iwantmeseats wrote:Why ? That’s his right. Club deserves everything they are copping. Bunch of no idea spineless no hopers
If I was still a member I’d consider doing the same.

And if you weren't such a hypocrite you would BUY a membership so you could exercise your right to burn it!

Saint supporter since '62
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Got to say, I understand where he was coming from.
I reckon I am at the end of my tether with the Saints.
While I wont support another side again, the joy seems to have ebbed away.
2009 still is excruciating....but what we served up yesterday was just pathetic. In the end I was just laughing at how inept we were in all facets.
Poor old Paddy McCartin is unfortunately the talisman for all that is wrong with the Saints....we are lost!

Nee!
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Sainternist wrote:
SydneySainter wrote:
Meanwhile, you're watching from your ivory tower in Sydney. Too easy for you. You don't have to show up and you can just watch the games from the comfort of your own living room. I took public transport home last night and got the usual heckling from passes by, but it doesn't make me want to not wear the club colours or stay at home. I've come this far and there's no going back. Live by the sword, die by the sword or embrace cowardice and slink off to Richmond.
Ivory tower of Sydney? You don’t know anything about me Sainternist. I’ve spent a LOT of money travelling to Melbourne and all over Australia to watch the Saints in the past and I still get to Melbourne when I can. Admittedly, it’s a rare occasion these days as my wage hasn’t really grown and my overheads continue to rise. I’ve watched a lot of great wins in Melbourne and witnessed plenty of devasting losses also. Despite this, I still envy every Melbourne-based fan who can attend a match on a frequent basis. I have so many friends in Sydney who have jumped on the red and white in the last decade, many of whom are yet to witness a year with no finals. They constantly ask me when I’m finally going to get on board and barrack for a real team. In a way, I envy them also, not so much for their success, but again, to be able to go to the footy. Despite this, I’ll always remain a Saints fan but credit where credit is due. I may not be cutting up my membership, but I’ll a spade a spade, we’re a poorly run footy administration who is deeply in debt, just botched a very important rebuild and we can I’ll afford another.

Viking3
Club Player

FORTIUS QUO FIDELIUS!!

Give me one flag & I'll go to my grave a happy man.
SAAD
Club Player

Group of drunks abused the Saints walking off in the race yesterday too. Newnes and Geary looked super pissed. We all had high hopes that this year we would rise up the ladder and after 7-8 years of crap some fans can’t take it anymore. Couple of the guys yelling yesterday were definitely not millennials but 40 year olds who have had enough at being laughed at by their mates. Saints fans need thick skin...

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Viking3 wrote:FORTIUS QUO FIDELIUS!!
This.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

SAAD wrote:Group of drunks abused the Saints walking off in the race yesterday too. Newnes and Geary looked super pissed. We all had high hopes that this year we would rise up the ladder and after 7-8 years of crap some fans can’t take it anymore. Couple of the guys yelling yesterday were definitely not millennials but 40 year olds who have had enough at being laughed at by their mates. Saints fans need thick skin...
The amount of American gibberish on here is driving me crazy!
In Australia
Pissed-off means annoyed, pissed means drunk!
AS for an earlier poster using "hating on"!!! :oops:

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

whiskers3614 wrote:
SAAD wrote:Group of drunks abused the Saints walking off in the race yesterday too. Newnes and Geary looked super pissed. We all had high hopes that this year we would rise up the ladder and after 7-8 years of crap some fans can’t take it anymore. Couple of the guys yelling yesterday were definitely not millennials but 40 year olds who have had enough at being laughed at by their mates. Saints fans need thick skin...
In Australia
+1
We're bloody AUSSIES and it's an AUSSIE game...
speak like an AUSSIE FFS

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
SAAD
Club Player

strewth you whingin kaants still fumin. bunch of bloody soft coks like the boys in the red, white n black yesterday ay

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

stone the crows - we played like we had a few too many kangaroos loose in the top paddock. we've got buckleys chance next week, players may as well chuck a sicke. fair dinkum our coach and players deserved the earbashing they got. i,d happily chuck in a gobful as well. us saints mates are ropeable and have had a gutful of the 'she'll be right, no worries' bulldust from our galah of a coach and are rightfully spewing and spitting the dummy.
i'll bet you london to a brick our shithouse coach won't get handed his pink slip soon, despite being as useless as tits on a bull. and the players? some just aren't the full quid, heaps just seem to go walkabout on gameday and should just bloody well rack off. can't do the hard yakka and aren't worth a zack!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
stonecold
SS Life Member

Is Connie on Twitter at all?????

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Furphy
Club Player

What a waste of money

Winmar
Club Player

whiskers3614 wrote:
SAAD wrote:Group of drunks abused the Saints walking off in the race yesterday too. Newnes and Geary looked super pissed
In Australia
If it came out that the whole team was pissed it would at least explain the performance yesterday afternoon

stonecold
SS Life Member

stonecold wrote:

Is Connie on Twitter at all?????

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯