Has the president spoken about these issues?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Has the president spoken about these issues?

I think he needs to come out and answer questions for those like the majority of us who have bought multiple memberships for many years, and have been attending games regularly. I have posted that I fully expect us to miss finals this year and that the departures of Roo, Joey and Shinner will mean some short term pain, especially in the first half of 2018. But the mistakes and skill errors yesterday were very poor considering the occasion.

What strategic or positional changes were made after North completely dominated the first quarter. Inaccuracy on their part just sandpapered over the cracks. Everybody at the game knew North were schooling us everywhere but the scoreboard.

In a marquee game, one which we covet to own every year, and one which could prove to be very financially rewarding and stop us from having to sell games overseas, why were the players so ill-prepared for their opposition? North had a poor year last year, yes, but they have been a regular finalist for 45 years and rarely have a season where they win 7 games or less, so why weren't they paid some respect?

Why have so many of our players stagnated? Players in their early to mid 20s should not be going backwards, or stagnating, they should be improving. Are the players getting the coaching they need to improve and the development to learn the game properly? And if not, how are you, as leader going to support them to improve? A lot of our players looked absolutely bereft of confidence yesterday and it can't all be put down to just one bad match.

At one stage I saw a player handball to Seb Ross who was on the ground and unable to move with three, yes three, North players surrounding him while he was on the ground. What was he supposed to do with that?!? Decision making is a real concern.

How can a professional outfit, most of whom have been playing together for several years, kick only 2 goals for almost 3 quarters on a perfect day for footy, on a dry deck with no wind and a roof? Even at Moorabbin in the mud or on the massive ground at Waverley in the driving wind and rain we could always manage better than that.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Re: Has the president spoken about these issues?

Totally agree that the president should come out after a disastrous loss like that,we really need some good leadership at times like these we had everything to play for on the big stage,show our new players off but I just believe this game will put us a long way back .Just feel totally devastated!

PADDLEPOP1000
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:How can a professional outfit, most of whom have been playing together for several years, kick only 2 goals for almost 3 quarters on a perfect day for footy, on a dry deck with no wind and a roof? Even at Moorabbin in the mud or on the massive ground at Waverley in the driving wind and rain we could always manage better than that.
Not excusing anything because that was the most pathetic game I can remember from us since the eighties but the roof was actually open and it was windy outside (not sure about at ground level inside though).

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Drake Huggins
Club Player

PADDLEPOP1001 wrote:Totally agree that the president should come out after a disastrous loss like that,we really need some good leadership at times like these we had everything to play for on the big stage,show our new players off but I just believe this game will put us a long way back .Just feel totally devastated!
Btw. Where is the invisible man? Has to be the lowest profile president in the game. I'm reporting him as a missing person.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:How can a professional outfit, most of whom have been playing together for several years, kick only 2 goals for almost 3 quarters on a perfect day for footy, on a dry deck with no wind and a roof? Even at Moorabbin in the mud or on the massive ground at Waverley in the driving wind and rain we could always manage better than that.
Not excusing anything because that was the most pathetic game I can remember from us since the eighties but the roof was actually open and it was windy outside (not sure about at ground level inside though).
Fair enough. I was standing on level 1 behind the cheer squad so was unaware the roof was open. There was absolutely no breeze on the field though, that's for certain. Standing behind the seating can get drafty but it was perfect yesterday. Perfect weather for footy.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:
Fair enough. I was standing on level 1 behind the cheer squad so was unaware the roof was open. There was absolutely no breeze on the field though, that's for certain. Standing behind the seating can get drafty but it was perfect yesterday. Perfect weather for footy.

Your kidding , aren't you?

You couldn't see that half the ground was in blazing sunlight and the other half in the shade?

:roll:

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

No, wasn't aware of whether the roof was open or closed. Didn't notice that one side of the ground was blindingly bright or anything like that. Definitely no breeze though, that I am sure of. If I had done what I normally do, which is go to level 3 I would have been more aware of it though, but didn't do that yesterday. Perfect day for footy though. No reason for us to only kick 5 goals all day. My point is not really whether the roof is open or closed, but rather that the design of the ground is protected from the elements.
Last edited by samuraisaint on Sat 31 Mar 2018 8:30pm, edited 4 times in total.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Drake Huggins wrote:
PADDLEPOP1001 wrote:Totally agree that the president should come out after a disastrous loss like that,we really need some good leadership at times like these we had everything to play for on the big stage,show our new players off but I just believe this game will put us a long way back .Just feel totally devastated!
Btw. Where is the invisible man? Has to be the lowest profile president in the game. I'm reporting him as a missing person.
Worse than the previous bloke, right..

How is this possible?

Right..

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Greg T
Club Player

What president?
I didn't know we had one
Joke he is

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
David-Lee
Club Player

I wish we had a president like Kennett.
Sure he acts like a twat running his mouth.
But he is passionate. Wait, am I saying our president isnt? Exactly. What? How dare I! I don't know him, what kind of arrogant twat am I?
Well, you're right on both counts, I don't know him and neither does any of us.
He seems really lovely, like a cautious, calculating, self aware businessman who is so politically correct he wouldn't rip his scarfe off and wave it over head like a clown or get so angry he'd declare war on everyone in a press conference, or throw a chair across a room...no he has received trophies, plaques and certificates since year 1 for kindness, thoughfulness and for packing up his toys.

Actions reveal the man. Out of your inner person comes who you are...a passionate person is aggressive, out spoken, insistent, tenacious, vicious, willing to look a fool, even cry publically when a loss hurts...no passion. Where's the anger? The rage! The club just sh*t on 40,000 members!!!
But I am sure we might get a memo to say this is inaccurately representing the ethos of the club and thusly offensive language that might cause instability amongst the weaker minded members. But on a high note I get his presidents trophy for participation in discussion....yes I am a twat. I think its ok.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:At one stage I saw a player handball to Seb Ross who was on the ground and unable to move with three, yes three, North players surrounding him while he was on the ground. What was he supposed to do with that?!? Decision making is a real concern.
I'm pretty sure that was Stevens...so whilst his disposal and decision making was as lousy as we're becoming accustomed, the real decision making concern was that he was out there in the first place IMO. I thought he was back-up, and the coach was stressing over the lack of development in 50-70 game players, so where's Dunstan?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Finnis and Summers have managed to take us back to Moorabbin but unfortunately have also taken us back to the 1980s of being a joke minnow club.
Well played lads.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Right..

What was that moron’s name again?

Right

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
stonecold
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:Finnis and Summers have managed to take us back to Moorabbin but unfortunately have also taken us back to the 1980s of being a joke minnow club.
Well played lads.
Is there anything you don't soon about Connie?????

Farking doom and gloom, on and on and on, all after two rounds!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Finnis and Summers have managed to take us back to Moorabbin but unfortunately have also taken us back to the 1980s of being a joke minnow club.
Well played lads.
If we're going back to the eighties then I want the disco to return.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!