Longer - 1 paltry disposal

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Longer - 1 paltry disposal

Longer had 1 disposal in a half and was soundly beaten in the ruck for a second straight week before getting injured.

Goldstein was the second best ranked player on the ground - Longer ranked #43 - second last.

Even Hickey's "embarrassing" game dwarfs Longers current output.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I think Longer had a good game some time in the under 18s ten years ago because he was the same size he is now against kids.
That's his claim to fame.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Gawd Con. Go and support the scum or the filth and give the rest of us a rest ffs.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:I think Longer had a good game some time in the under 18s ten years ago because he was the same size he is now against kids.
Still waiting for that Résumé, Champion!!!!!

Billy was an All Australian under 18, all on the back of one game????? Must have been some sort of game!!!!!

Résumé?????

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
stonecold
SS Life Member

saynta wrote:Gawd Con. Go and support the scum or the filth and give the rest of us a rest ffs.

Plus a Million, think he already does!!!!!

Résumé?????

stonecold
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:Longer had 1 disposal in a half and was soundly beaten in the ruck for a second straight week before getting injured.

Goldstein was the second best ranked player on the ground - Longer ranked #43 - second last.

In your opinion, Hickey will get he's chance, let's hope he lives up to your expectations Cowboy!!!!!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
dragit wrote:Longer had 1 disposal in a half and was soundly beaten in the ruck for a second straight week before getting injured.

In your opinion, Hickey will get he's chance, let's hope he lives up to your expectations Cowboy!!!!!
He only needs 1 kick to match 'the protector'

stonecold
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:
stonecold wrote:

No worries Cowboy!!!!!

Feel free to PM me your footy Résumé too!!!!!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
dragit wrote:
stonecold wrote:

No worries Cowboy!!!!!

Feel free to PM me your footy Résumé too!!!!!
I don't need yours to know that you have absolutely no idea.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Stone old has NFI

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

CQ SAINT wrote:Time to holler for a Marshall.
Might even be a Piercing holler, who knows
Chances are we’ll quietly whimper back to Longer once again.

stonecold
SS Life Member

magnifisaint wrote:Stone old has NFI
Your Avatar says it all, watch out children!!!!!

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:
stonecold wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
stonecold wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Longer has been s*** for years.
We only play him because he was a high draft pick.
Like Paddy.
We gift these blokes games based on their draft pick number.
Absolutely embarrassing.
As soon as Longer went off, North kicked 3 in no time, when he went off in the last, they kicked 7, he is not perfect, but way better than anyone else on the list (rucks),which is pretty said!!!!!
He's s***.
Full stop.
Seriously I don't want to hear your delusional crap.
<edited by mods> full stop, not fit to be a real saint!!!!!

You know the rest!!!!!
How is this any different than you constant belittling of 'Hickledik' and questioning his teammates support of him.

Sounds very hypocritical to me LF.

It's ok to bag ' Hickledik' but Billy Farmer-Cox is off limits.
Rubbish Jaffa, Hickledik has shown Nothing for 18 months, not even in the VFL, Billy's season last year was decent!!!!!

You and Connie sharing a bed at all or the same poster maybe!!!!!
The good people of Saintsational gave Hickey as many votes in 5 games as Longer got in 17 last year.
He played a couple of poor games but his best against West Coast was way better than anything Longer offered all year.

I read that Hickey played well yesterday, so maybe they will finally see sense.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
DJ Higgins
Club Player

Longer just can't be our best. He just can't be

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:
stonecold wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
stonecold wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Longer has been s*** for years.
We only play him because he was a high draft pick.
Like Paddy.
We gift these blokes games based on their draft pick number.
Absolutely embarrassing.
As soon as Longer went off, North kicked 3 in no time, when he went off in the last, they kicked 7, he is not perfect, but way better than anyone else on the list (rucks),which is pretty said!!!!!
He's s***.
Full stop.
Seriously I don't want to hear your delusional crap.
<edited by mods> full stop, not fit to be a real saint!!!!!

You know the rest!!!!!
How is this any different than you constant belittling of 'Hickledik' and questioning his teammates support of him.

Sounds very hypocritical to me LF.

It's ok to bag ' Hickledik' but Billy Farmer-Cox is off limits.
Rubbish Jaffa, Hickledik has shown Nothing for 18 months, not even in the VFL, Billy's season last year was decent!!!!!

You and Connie sharing a bed at all or the same poster maybe!!!!!
Again you miss my point!
I do not support Hickey or Longer specifically, I'm not a fan of either to be honest.
I'd rather see Marshall given a run as he is young and has potential and let's face facts, we are going nowhere this year.

My point is you deem in acceptable to bag Hickey but take the moral high ground in defense of Longer.
Let's make them generic Ruck man A and generic Riuk man B.
You think it's ok to belittle one while defending the other.

Hypocrite!

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:I think Longer had a good game some time in the under 18s ten years ago because he was the same size he is now against kids.

Billy was an All Australian under 18, all on the back of one game????? Must have been some sort of game!!!!!

Résumé?????
Hang on.
So you can bag Hickey as much as you like but are on a high horse about Longer?
It is plain obvious to a child that Longer isn't a good player.
Show us your resume. You are the one that keeps bringing it up.
I assume you have a PhD in being a ******** and masters in idiocy and played 100 games for the Brunswick Bullshitters. Two b n fs for the same side.
Show us your resume.
And no resume will make Longer a good player.
That doesn't mean I support Hickey but your constant belittling of Hickey is piss poor.
You are a hypocrite.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:
stonecold wrote:

Résumé?????
Hang on.
So you can bag Hickey as much as you like but are on a high horse about Longer?
It is plain obvious to a child that Longer isn't a good player.
Show us your resume. You are the one that keeps bringing it up.
I assume you have a PhD in being a ******** and masters in idiocy and played 100 games for the Brunswick Bullshitters. Two b n fs for the same side.
Show us your resume.
And no resume will make Longer a good player.
That doesn't mean I support Hickey but your constant belittling of Hickey is piss poor.
You are a hypocrite.

Your constant bagging of the St.Kilda Football Club is Piss Poor, rock up to training and express your feelings in person!!!!! You wouldn't have the guts, your weak as watered down piss, do the rest of the forum a favour and f*** off back under your rock, you dirty Collingwood Fan!!!!!

Résumé and PM me please, dare ya!!!!!

Our Club doesn't need you!!!!!

Drake Huggins
Club Player

Hey, SC. why don't you rock up to training and tell Tom Hickey how terrible he is and that he's cooked. And call him Hickledick to his face and tell him how bad a player he is. Or give him the ultimate insult and tell him he's worse than Billy. That would really sting and would probably hurt him more than any other sledge you could come up with. It would probably be the ultimate motivation to get back to his best. It may be the kick up the bum he needs. The main reason TMBK prefers Billy is he is a reflection of the coach. Lacking talent and skill, a mediocrity who's not up to it. A bit like TMBK himself. Those first two games have been pearlers haven't they? He's had a combined total of 8 possessions in those games, been smashed in the hit outs and had his pants well and truly pulled down by Goldy and Martin.

You talk a big game, SC. you've even threatened to inflict violence on several posters, me included. You've tried to give the impression you're a hard man, stand over crim who's done time. You claim to look like Stone Cold Steve Austin The wrestler! A big noting actor who pretends to be a fighter in a make believe sport, if you can call it that. I can imagine why it appeals to you. You do know the difference between reality and fantasy, don't you? I find it amusing your nickname is taken from WWE. You do know that's not real, either, don't you? Maybe not.

I've got a strong feeling you won't front Tom, the way you dare others to confront players they critisize. Go on, pop down and do it. I'll check in with him if someone approached him and did what I asked you to do. I'm not holding my breath. Given the amount of abuse you subject other posters to, I'm surprised you haven't been pinged for trolling. You hardly ever contribute anything other than lots of punctuation marks!!!!!!

PS. Your attacks on Con became tiresome a long time ago. Give it a rest along with the accusations he's a filth supporter. He's a genuine saints man who's not a sychophant. A certain person comes to mind when I think of filth trolls and it isn't Con.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
stonecold
SS Life Member

Drake Huggins wrote:Hey, SC. why don't you rock up to training and tell Tom Hickey how terrible he is and that he's cooked. And call him Hickledick to his face and tell him how bad a player he is. Or give him the ultimate insult and tell him he's worse than Billy. That would really sting and would probably hurt him more than any other sledge you could come up with. It would probably be the ultimate motivation to get back to his best. It may be the kick up the bum he needs. The main reason TMBK prefers Billy is he is a reflection of the coach. Lacking talent and skill, a mediocrity who's not up to it. A bit like TMBK himself. Those first two games have been pearlers haven't they? He's had a combined total of 8 possessions in those games, been smashed in the hit outs and had his pants well and truly pulled down by Goldy and Martin.

You talk a big game, SC. you've even threatened to inflict violence on several posters, me included. You've tried to give the impression you're a hard man, stand over crim who's done time. You claim to look like Stone Cold Steve Austin The wrestler! A big noting actor who pretends to be a fighter in a make believe sport, if you can call it that. I can imagine why it appeals to you. You do know the difference between reality and fantasy, don't you? I find it amusing your nickname is taken from WWE. You do know that's not real, either, don't you? Maybe not.

I've got a strong feeling you won't front Tom, the way you dare others to confront players they critisize. Go on, pop down and do it. I'll check in with him if someone approached him and did what I asked you to do. I'm not holding my breath. Given the amount of abuse you subject other posters to, I'm surprised you haven't been pinged for trolling. You hardly ever contribute anything other than lots of punctuation marks!!!!!!

PS. Your attacks on Con became tiresome a long time ago. Give it a rest along with the accusations he's a filth supporter. He's a genuine saints man who's not a sychophant. A certain person comes to mind when I think of filth trolls and it isn't Con.
See you at Training then Champion, I'll approach Tom and you can approach Bill, genuine Saints man, is he?????

You PM me then Legend, I'm more than happy to accept your challenge, if you accept mine, what's to say I haven't been there already and often?????

At least I can say I've actually worn the jumper, have you, legend!!!!!

Genuine Saints people might have a go and get disappointed at performances, but to constantly bag the Club time and time again ain't genuine!!!!!

This is a supporters Forum, last time I looked, disappointment sure, but to constantly bag the Club, well, enough said!!!!!

By the way, this is (!) an explanation mark!!!!!

I'll ask Billy if he comes across any Yellow Backs in he's travels!!!!!

By the way, if Hickledik hasn't worked out he is behind Billy in the pecking order, that's explains enough!!!!!

Stand over Crim, am i?????

What I am, is not intimidated by faceless, gutless cowboys!!!!!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:Résumé and PM me please, dare ya!!!!!
You have completely lost the plot dude, do yourself and everyone else a favour and take a break…

Is there a "I used to wear the jumper, self-appointed VIP-knob" forum you could post in?

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
stonecold wrote:Résumé and PM me please, dare ya!!!!!
You have completely lost the plot dude, do yourself and everyone else a favour and take a break…

Is there a "I used to wear the jumper, self-appointed VIP-knob" forum you could post in?
Old Stone should heed the forums advice and disappear.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Personally, I am a fan of both Hickey and Longer. Both St. Kilda players and both have lots of development left in them. I think we play better as a team when they are both out there together, it just hasn't happened for years. And there is no evidence that playing two ruckmen would make us slower, just like against conventional wisdom two certain teams went into recent grand finals with undersized forward lines and won flags.
I think it's great that there is competition for spots and with Marshall coming up hopefully our ruck division can improve and become a weapon, because at the moment we are getting smashed in the clearances (although a lot of the reason for this is that we desperately need an elite outside midfielder).

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
bergsone
SS Life Member

Should have kept the big yank,at least he could jump and compete in the ruck,and just as useful around the ground too

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Unless ur an absolute dominant tall player who wins most hit outs, the Dinosaur ruckman is DATED!!! This game is All about pace and skills and hard tackling pressure Longer is neither of these.. he’s putrid

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Hickey’s best has shown to be much better than Longer’s, so I’d put my game time into him, he has much more of an upside than Longer. Don’t know too much about the younger guys, but again I’d rather see them given a chance, after all couldn’t be worse than Longer’s 1 kick and getting flogged in the tap outs every week.

And it is possible to critisise someone’s football ability without attacking them personally. I’m sure they’re all trying to do their best, and it’s not up to them whether they’re picked or not.

And watching the Cats v Hawks game right now, what I wouldn’t do to have McEvoy or even Stanley back in the team right now...

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.