UMPIRES

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

resaintlee
Club Player

Re: UMPIRES

'Could an umpire influence a match by being paid by gamblers? Absolutely!'

This one gets mentioned from time to time. Are there checks in place to ensure it doesn't happen? Perhaps there should be as it does happen in other sports and the game can be open to interpretation by umpires.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

lies LIES and damned statistics - it just depends
2017 Season FF FA
Geelong 514 527
StK 392 374

So Sayntas "umpire love child" the cats were penalised more than they were awarded and the games obviously heavily umpired
StKilda ? - the ole timers rejoiced because the umps obviously let stkilda games flow more and penalised us less

just depends on the way you look at it
cue next poster to cry - yeah its not the ones they pay its all the ones they misssssssssss

Seeya
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:You're telling the story.
Ah, no I am not telling the story, I am responding to the bogan conspiracy theory perpetuated by Curly and your good self that umpires cheat, they ream and disadvantage St.Kilda in favor of other clubs, apparently on a ten year basis.

Now it is logical to assume, if they are cheating against us (as stated by you and Curly) when the free kick count is -5% against us, that they are cheating massively in our favor when we have a free kick advantage of +13.5% in 2009 and + 10.25% in 2015, is it not?

How do we get to ensure they cheat in our favor (because the dirty little maggots are cheats right?) and give us the massive 13.5% advantage like they did in 2009?

I'm all for cheating as long as they cheat for us like they did in 2015 & 2009.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:
saynta wrote:You're telling the story.
Ah, no I am not telling the story, I am responding to the bogan conspiracy theory perpetuated by Curly and your good self that umpires cheat, they ream and disadvantage St.Kilda in favor of other clubs, apparently on a ten year basis.

Now it is logical to assume, if they are cheating against us (as stated by you and Curly) when the free kick count is -5% against us, that they are cheating massively in our favor when we have a free kick advantage of +13.5% in 2009 and + 10.25% in 2015, is it not?

How do we get to ensure they cheat in our favor (because the dirty little maggots are cheats right?) and give us the massive 13.5% advantage like they did in 2009?

I'm all for cheating as long as they cheat for us like they did in 2015 & 2009.
I know you think you are important and that we should all bow down to you but I hate to tell you,I don't give a fat rats tossbag as to what you think.

What I do know is that we are getting screwed week in week out, year in year out.

Not my fault that you surround yourself with morons at the footy.
Last edited by saynta on Wed 04 Apr 2018 5:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Not my fault that you surround yourself with morons at the footy.
Well I sit around a lot of Saints supporters who are unknown to me, I'm guessing one of them is you :wink:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:
Well I sit around a lot of Saints supporters who are unknown to me, I'm guessing one of them is you :wink:
Don't think so.

"My point is the idiocy of Curly and obviously your good self Saynta in the belief that every umpire conspires to shaft St Kilda in every match we play.
How is it that I sit in a group of St Kilda supporters and hear bitching about the odd decision but never hear a conspiracy theory or reference to umpiring influencing the outcome of St Kilda matches?"

Must be morons or ones who have never flown interstate to watch a match.

(whispers in the sky reference). Because umpires certainly influenced that match, and the one against West Coast last year.

barneyboyz
Club Player

saynta wrote:Whilst I am not going to engage in debate with posters who choose to denigrate other SSposters I am prepared to back my stance with statistics provided by the AFL.

Year. frees for. (ave per match). frees against. ( ave per match)

2008 20.0 20.9

2009 19.4 16.8

2010 17.3 19.4

2011 19.5 21.3

2012 18.4 18.6

2013 16.1 17.9

2014 15.5 16.8

2015 17.9 20.8

2016. 16.8 17.8

2017. 17.8 17.0

2018. 18.5 24.0

So in 10 completed seasons we have won the free kick count only twice even with the maggots trying to even up the counts in the 4th quarter of a match

The figures don't seem to be that far apart until you realise a difference of 2 means our opponents got an extra 44 frees per year than we got.

i could add them all up if I was bothered by the discrepancy amounts to many hundreds over that 10 year period.

Yes we regularly get reemed. Why? How the f*** do I know. Something stinks though and it aint in Denmark.
I'm with you on this one mate, and was watching that game on Monday thinking that they were trying to even-up the game. What happens sometimes (I think) is that in doing so it deflates a side and bang! game changed.

This I am sure has happened to us and we don't have the maturity of say a Hawthorn to brush it off, and we fold. Not always, and not always to us, but it happens. If you look at the praccy against Melbourne, they were definitely getting the rub, probably because they were showing most effort. Enter umpires trying to even it up and we started getting the rub. I cannot explain the end result though :cry:

Lets think...who would benefit from most games going down to the wire, as opposed to being one sided???

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Is there anything more frustrating that people that bang on about the umpires all the time. Seriously they have had zero impact on our first 2 games this year. In fact I barely noticed them last Friday. we are grasping at straws if we think that somehow the umpires are responsible in any way for our s*** footy. Surely we need to dig a little deeper than that?

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:Is there anything more frustrating that people that bang on about the umpires all the time. Seriously they have had zero impact on our first 2 games this year. In fact I barely noticed them last Friday. we are grasping at straws if we think that somehow the umpires are responsible in any way for our s*** footy. Surely we need to dig a little deeper than that?
That's enough from you Moods, there is no place for common sense in this thread!
The umpires cheat against us and it's sanctioned by the AFL.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:
Moods wrote:Is there anything more frustrating that people that bang on about the umpires all the time. Seriously they have had zero impact on our first 2 games this year. In fact I barely noticed them last Friday. we are grasping at straws if we think that somehow the umpires are responsible in any way for our s*** footy. Surely we need to dig a little deeper than that?
That's enough from you Moods, there is no place for common sense in this thread!
The umpires cheat against us and it's sanctioned by the AFL.

:lol: :lol:

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:
Don't think so.

"My point is the idiocy of Curly and obviously your good self Saynta in the belief that every umpire conspires to shaft St Kilda in every match we play.
How is it that I sit in a group of St Kilda supporters and hear bitching about the odd decision but never hear a conspiracy theory or reference to umpiring influencing the outcome of St Kilda matches?"

Must be morons or ones who have never flown interstate to watch a match.

(whispers in the sky reference). Because umpires certainly influenced that match, and the one against West Coast last year.
I agree with comment highlighted in red, just as I wrote in the below on Wednesday...

Could an umpire influence a match by being paid by gamblers? Absolutely!
Can poor umpiring determine an outcome? From time to time maybe yes.
Can some umpires have a dislike for certain teams and players? I believe so.
Can coaches, players, club mouthing off have an impact on umpires? Yes.
Is there a conspiracy against St Kilda from the AFL and the Umpires? NO.
Does St Kilda get the rough end of the stock every week? NO.
Have we been bent over by umpires for the last 5 years? NO.
Are some supporters dumb one eyed bogans and so illogical that they cannot see the forest for the trees? YES!

What I disagree with is the statements and assumptions from the likes of you and Curly that St Kilda get regularly shafted by cheating umpires and nothing you have provided backs up any reasonable argument supporting your position.

If you really believe that the umpires cheat against St Kilda, you must agree or you are beyond inconsistent that they cheated for us in the year of 2009 where we had a massive 13.5% free kick for advantage and again in 2015 where we had 10% free kick advantage in our favor.

We need to understand why they cheated so dramatically in our favor in 2009 as this is the biggest positive variation on the ten year record and then do whatever it takes to have the umpires replicate their cheating in our favor on a sustained basis.