Paddy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Paddy

Has done ok in my book. Been unlucky and has tried so far up til 3 qtr time. Had his arm chopped by Tahlia early in the game when he presented well and lead well. If the ump was fair and Paddy was given the free it might have changed the course of the first half. When the umps aren't doing their job, your mids aren't kicking well, and your team is coached poorly, then don't expect the kid to be tearing the house down.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

David-Lee wrote:To me Paddy is playing terrified. He needs more than game time to recover.
Outside of the forward 50 - he seems calm and takes his marks - inside - "F@rk me - here it comes again"

It is all between the ears.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:
David-Lee wrote:To me Paddy is playing terrified. He needs more than game time to recover.
Outside of the forward 50 - he seems calm and takes his marks - inside - "F@rk me - here it comes again"

Spot on.

It’s mystifying.

The Barometer
Club Player

perfectionist wrote:Useless
Shite post

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:

Spot on.

It’s mystifying.
Is it because our forwards are not confident of the structure and the way the ball Is coming in - Do we need to stop this Shite of 3 talls, set a forward group and stick with it for the whole of the year - win, lose or draw?

For mine - Paddy and Membrey are musts - play Bruce as the Tom Lynch type link up player?
Get them all with some confidence - and get a new forward coach in!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Don't worry. Paddy just needs more confidence.
Should come good in about 2022.
Just need to persist.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Don't worry. Paddy just needs more confidence.
Just need to persist.
I know you’re being facetious but he would be the right age for key forwards to peak

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Just need to persist.
Don't worry.

You just need a third con gorozidis account to agree with your other two con gorozidis accounts.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Just need to persist.
Don't worry.

You just need a third con gorozidis account to agree with your other two con gorozidis accounts.
Yes Indeed, great post!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
David-Lee
Club Player

Paddy's not useless there's no doubt. But can he find himself and the courage to fight? I hope so.If not all we have spoken will come true and he will be another lost #1.

portosaint
Club Player

Wasn't our worst. I thought he presented and worked OK. Our ball use wasn't great, but he definitely got a better look at it and probably should have really grabbed a few.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Just need to persist.
Make that 2032. Playing for some country town.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
stonecold
SS Life Member

ace wrote:
Just need to persist.
Make that 2032. Playing for some country town.
Really?????

You guys!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

This has probably been said

Paddy is a barometer of where the team is at

we're s***
he's s***

SaintDippa
Club Player

Had his arms chopped half a dozen times all costing him marks.
Crows defenders should have conceded dozen frees, umps soft.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

As someone who thinks us taking Paddy over Petracca is one of the worst decisions ever made in football, I can actually see some light at the end of the tunnel for Paddy.

If he starts clunking a few more marks and kicking a bit straighter, I can see him averaging 2-3 goals a game in the latter half of the year. The delivery into our forward line at the moment is terrible, so that would also have to be rectified for Paddy to get better.

I know it’s a cliche, but we’ve just got to get game time into him. Best case scenario is we win maybe 6 games this year, most likely half that tho, so there’s no real downside to persisting with him, it’s not like he’s going to have any trade value playing in the VFL.

I’d drop Bruce before him, as Bruce is still living off playing half a great year in 2015. I like him and think he tries hard, but he’ll never be better than a second or third tall, while Paddy just might.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Good post The_Dud - bruce is struggling big time, paddy is certainly no worse at the moment… can't help think he would have a few more goals this year playing in a better side with decent delivery.

wasoncestkil58
Club Player

Play the kids. I am a WA based supporter and have been all my life and make sure I get to Melbourne at least once a year. This is probably the worst I have felt about our future. Sorry to say but 2018 is shot. I am coming to watch them against GWS. Maybe not such a good choice. We will at least get an early pick.

silverhalo
Club Player

wasoncestkil58 wrote:Play the kids. I am a WA based supporter and have been all my life and make sure I get to Melbourne at least once a year. This is probably the worst I have felt about our future. Sorry to say but 2018 is shot. I am coming to watch them against GWS. Maybe not such a good choice. We will at least get an early pick.
Never expected to be saying this but our season is shot after round 3 - we are regressing at a rate of knots and it's unlikely we can get our mojo back. How many games do we need to get in to Paddy before we send him back to the magoos where he belongs? Who in their right mind would offer our coach a lengthy extension on his contract when he has delivered zilch in the 5 years he has been here?? What's our game plan? Where are we heading?? How do we get our fans back on board (19,000 last night says it all)?? How do you attract sponsors when you're serving up this crap??

Sorry, I know I'm just on a rant here but I'm bitterly disappointed because I was expecting big things this year :cry:

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Good post The_Dud - bruce is struggling big time, paddy is certainly no worse at the moment… can't help think he would have a few more goals this year playing in a better side with decent delivery.
I agree. Paddy looked like a footballer today. Im a team with better delivery and a better game plan he'd be playing better footy, but there is one part of his kicking for goal that needs to change immediately

First and most basic thing to focus on when you are kicking for goal is a target. Look at the target behind the goal and focus on that target. Paddy is not looking at a target. He's looking at the footy instead for far too long at the start of his run up. Sure you need to know where your hands are placed and focus a bit on your grip, but he's not focussing enough on his target.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

why aren't his leads being honored? i think dunstan was the only one searching out paddy leads today. he gets either ignored or the ball is simply lofted into a contested pack. could feel roo's frustration today - he endured a lot of poor delivery but at least his players actively sought him out.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
shrodes
SS Life Member

Scollop wrote:
dragit wrote:Good post The_Dud - bruce is struggling big time, paddy is certainly no worse at the moment… can't help think he would have a few more goals this year playing in a better side with decent delivery.
I agree. Paddy looked like a footballer today. Im a team with better delivery and a better game plan he'd be playing better footy, but there is one part of his kicking for goal that needs to change immediately

First and most basic thing to focus on when you are kicking for goal is a target. Look at the target behind the goal and focus on that target. Paddy is not looking at a target. He's looking at the footy instead for far too long at the start of his run up. Sure you need to know where your hands are placed and focus a bit on your grip, but he's not focussing enough on his target.
+1 Paddy has been 100% fine and a victim of everything else going on around him. I feel bad for most of our forwards as they are made to look like idiots with the sorts of kicks coming inside 50 (when they're coming at all).

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

He looked pretty good today considering the team he was playing in

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Considering the delivery he is working with he did a very good job today.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Milne
Club Player

Showed some glimpses today but still a long way to go.