Riewoldt: Seaford ‘crushed’ the playing group

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

scallopsroe
Club Player

Re: Riewoldt: Seaford ‘crushed’ the playing group

desertsaint wrote:surprised some are even arguing the point. the saints never wanted to go to seaford - their hand was forced. once that was that the spin began. make the best of a bad situation. that some people choose to keep believing the spin is baffling. the move has put this club back a long way in financial strength, player contentment, and likely in trading ability. it never should have happened, but thank god it's over. onwards and upwards.
Here here :)

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

saintspremiers wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:
Please read what Roo said. It wasn’t about the shyte location or eztra travel time, it was about the facilities.

I reckon had Seaford been up to industry standard at the time, then no excuses or whinging

I’d be pretty pissed off if o was an elite sportsman and was presented with a facility that’s new but very much sub-standard

Doesn’t send out a good message does it??
While I agree Seaford was never "Elite" as the club and players made out
It was a BIG improvement over what they had at Linton st

oh PS is the new Linton st elite in comparison to say EFC ?

Seeya
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

stonecold wrote:Yeap, let's bag Nick, cause he has nothing on us Keyboard Cowboy's, what would he know!!!!!
the keyboard warriors didn't spin for seven years then once becoming a paid for comment media person, complain about the clubs decision

Seeya
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Roo, like everybody else in the democratic world, is entitled to his opinion ffs.

Drake Huggins
Club Player

There was a belief in the club at the time of the move that the facility at Seaford, while a step up from Linton Street, was hardly state of the art and already outdated by the time they moved in. The filth, Geelong, Swines, the Adelaide clubs and Hawthorn in particular were still way ahead despite the shiny newness of our facility. Players were underwhelmed at the time as they had been told the new home was the new benchmark.

Having visited Seaford a number of times and having seen what the Adelaide clubs and Sydney had, I can understand their disappointment. The whole place had a sort of East German, circa 1980, feel to it. It was a bit like the moon, only with less atmosphere. Coming off two GF losses and the end of a successful playing era, the timing couldn't have been worse. Another saints perfect storm destined to cause hardship.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
asiu
Saintsational Legend

It was a bit like the moon, only with less atmosphere.

nice work

eminently readable

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

scallopsroe wrote:
desertsaint wrote:surprised some are even arguing the point. the saints never wanted to go to seaford - their hand was forced. once that was that the spin began. make the best of a bad situation. that some people choose to keep believing the spin is baffling. the move has put this club back a long way in financial strength, player contentment, and likely in trading ability. it never should have happened, but thank god it's over. onwards and upwards.
"When you raise your glass after an impressive speech, do you say “Here, here!” or “Hear, hear!”? The correct phrase is: Hear, hear! That is, unless someone is asking, “Who wants more wine?” Then you can say, “Here, here!” and pound your fists on the table. “Hear, hear!” simply means “hear him."

asiu
Saintsational Legend

there's noth'n like a good whine

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Drake Huggins
Club Player

saynta wrote:
scallopsroe wrote:
"When you raise your glass after an impressive speech, do you say “Here, here!” or “Hear, hear!”? The correct phrase is: Hear, hear! That is, unless someone is asking, “Who wants more wine?” Then you can say, “Here, here!” and pound your fists on the table. “Hear, hear!” simply means “hear him."
Hear, hear!!

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:The most significant moment in our club's history. The game changer! It was all ready to go. Then we had that election result.
So shifty Dan cheated us out of the JO?

Maybe he can pay that back also :twisted:
He should Doc! :evil:

But more to the point IMHO, our Club damn-well should have been able to exert the necessary influence to keep the deal in place. (And we even had Gestapo HQ's backing for once.) :x

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
scallopsroe wrote:
What about here ye here ye or is that hear ye hear ye?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
spert
Saintsational Legend

I know two people who have moved out of Seaford recently, so it does happen.

ace
Saintsational Legend

prwilkinson wrote:After reading his biography this isn’t too much of a surprise. He was pretty scathing towards the administrators whom made the decision.
Yes our administrators made the decision but it was the scumbucket left wing councillors of the Kingston that forced their hand by sabotaging the plans to redevelop the Moorabbin ground at that time.
It was convenient at the time for the third rate politicians to oppose the big bad football club.
Recently it has been convenient for a different bunch of third rate politicians to be seen supporting the new redevelopment.
In a few years time the club will be made to feel unwelcome once again.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
The Craw
Club Player

The Saints were scammed by the Frankston council .... It was supposed to be administration across the road from Frankston oval ... No other option in the end.

Not Craw, CRAW!
GSG
Club Player

ace wrote:
prwilkinson wrote:After reading his biography this isn’t too much of a surprise. He was pretty scathing towards the administrators whom made the decision.
Yes our administrators made the decision but it was the scumbucket left wing councillors of the Kingston that forced their hand by sabotaging the plans to redevelop the Moorabbin ground at that time.
It was convenient at the time for the third rate politicians to oppose the big bad football club.
Recently it has been convenient for a different bunch of third rate politicians to be seen supporting the new redevelopment.
In a few years time the club will be made to feel unwelcome once again.

Couldn't agree more. See my earlier opinion
I rest my case.