Injuries for Rd 1

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Injuries for Rd 1

I can't find any injury list online, but are we taking in our best 22 injury free for Rd 1? I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that is injured would be in the best side atm. Jack Steven will be fine apparantly from a slight ankle. Longer should be fine too if selected as 1st ruck.

Other than the below are there any other injuries?
Minchington - 4-6 weeks with knee
Patton - same with thumb
Freeman - same with hamstring
Heard someone mention Weller might be injured too.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Injuries for Rd 1

parkeysainter wrote:I can't find any injury list online, but are we taking in our best 22 injury free for Rd 1? I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that is injured would be in the best side atm. Jack Steven will be fine apparantly from a slight ankle. Longer should be fine too if selected as 1st ruck.

Other than the below are there any other injuries?
Minchington - 4-6 weeks with knee
Patton - same with thumb
Freeman - same with hamstring
Heard someone mention Weller might be injured too.
So no injuries then.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

obviously want Steven to be ok, but maybe more of a concern right now is Longer with his sore hip. you could argue Marshall despite looking good in ways just isn't ready to ruck a full game and take on such a responsibility at AFL level, and Hickey seems ineffectual in the ruck and a little tentative around the ground, so we need Longer to be at his best now, and getting better each week.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Wrote for Luck wrote:obviously want Steven to be ok, but maybe more of a concern right now is Longer with his sore hip. you could argue Marshall despite looking good in ways just isn't ready to ruck a full game and take on such a responsibility at AFL level, and Hickey seems ineffectual in the ruck and a little tentative around the ground, so we need Longer to be at his best now, and getting better each week.
Agreed, we need Longer (whilst not a gun, he can match it with oppo top rucks) as Hickey looked off the pace in the last praccie match for whatever reason. Marshall needs to be given some seniors game time whilst he continues working on his craft at Sandy in 2018.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:
Wrote for Luck wrote:obviously want Steven to be ok, but maybe more of a concern right now is Longer with his sore hip. you could argue Marshall despite looking good in ways just isn't ready to ruck a full game and take on such a responsibility at AFL level, and Hickey seems ineffectual in the ruck and a little tentative around the ground, so we need Longer to be at his best now, and getting better each week.
Agreed, we need Longer (whilst not a gun, he can match it with oppo top rucks) as Hickey looked off the pace in the last praccie match for whatever reason. Marshall needs to be given some seniors game time whilst he continues working on his craft at Sandy in 2018.
I thought Hickey’s game against Gawn was much better than Longer against Kreuzer.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Drake Huggins
Club Player

Marshall a far better bet than Billy Longersaurus.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Drake Huggins wrote:Marshall a far better bet than Billy Longersaurus.
FFS can you stop the stupid name calling? show some respect for our club and its players

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Did you Drakeusaurus H. not see how high Billy gets and how his field marking has improved. Marshall is wonderful but Billy is damned impressive and deserves respect. We have two very gifted athletes but Billy has a much better resume at the moment. 2018 will be his breakout year, injury permitting, and our mid field will cash in. Marshall is a tremendous compliment not an either or proposition. I guess they will play in the same team often this year.

Drake Huggins
Club Player

BringBackMadDog wrote:
Drake Huggins wrote:Marshall a far better bet than Billy Longersaurus.
FFS can you stop the stupid name calling? show some respect for our club and its players
Name one other player I've bagged. Even the club itself tried to off load Billy at the end of 2016. One example in 42. You're on the ball BBMD. Ever bagged a player or thought they wouldn't make it? You're IQ is letting you down. You argue like a mad dog.

"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
Drake Huggins
Club Player

Yorkeys wrote:Did you Drakeusaurus H. not see how high Billy gets and how his field marking has improved. Marshall is wonderful but Billy is damned impressive and deserves respect. We have two very gifted athletes but Billy has a much better resume at the moment. 2018 will be his breakout year, injury permitting, and our mid field will cash in. Marshall is a tremendous compliment not an either or proposition. I guess they will play in the same team often this year.
This year will tell, Yorkeys, but as someone with 21 years in the recruiting game, my thoughts are Billy won't be a hero. Born 20 years too late. Would've been a star in the 90's. He hasn't got the goods to be that modern ruckman we need. Marshall and even Pierce are better long term prospects. Hickey may still be the answer. Can go forward, take a grab and kick a goal. Billy is in the pack with the others. We'll see. ATM, he is third in the race with Pierce closing quickly.

"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"No, it isn't."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
stonecold
SS Life Member

Drake Huggins wrote:
Yorkeys wrote:Did you Drakeusaurus H. not see how high Billy gets and how his field marking has improved. Marshall is wonderful but Billy is damned impressive and deserves respect. We have two very gifted athletes but Billy has a much better resume at the moment. 2018 will be his breakout year, injury permitting, and our mid field will cash in. Marshall is a tremendous compliment not an either or proposition. I guess they will play in the same team often this year.
This year will tell, Yorkeys, but as someone with 21 years in the recruiting game, my thoughts are Billy won't be a hero. Born 20 years too late. Would've been a star in the 90's. He hasn't got the goods to be that modern ruckman we need. Marshall and even Pierce are better long term prospects. Hickey may still be the answer. Can go forward, take a grab and kick a goal. Billy is in the pack with the others. We'll see. ATM, he is third in the race with Pierce closing quickly.
21 years in the recruiting game, what were you recruiting?????

Billy is our number 1, yes has work to do, but is clearly #1, IMO, plus those that count!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
stonecold
SS Life Member

Drake Huggins wrote:
21 years in the recruiting game, what were you recruiting?????

Billy is our number 1, yes has work to do, but is clearly #1, IMO, plus those that count!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯