Why oh why, do the Saints love to BOMB?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Why oh why, do the Saints love to BOMB?

parkeysainter wrote:Tony74 said they were instructed not to bomb last night in a thread.
Players our now bombing in this thread?

Who? Where?

:shock:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:Tony74 said they were instructed not to bomb last night in a thread.
Ahh beauty..... dumb players again
We’ve been bombing for a while...

“Yeah….nah””
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Drake Huggins wrote:I was thinking the same myself. It might be a hangover from Rooey running in and taking contested marks on a regular basis. His presence took focus away from the overall ineffectiveness of the tactic. Perhaps the coach believes Paddy will fill that void and take contested marks inside 50? It is Paddy's main strength. I can't think of any other reason you'd persist with it. We have three decent contested marks up forward, but wouldn't life be easier on them as well if we entered quickly with precise movement to hit the man on the lead? The long bomb option should only be an occasional tactic, not what you build a scoring system on.
Since when did rooey take contested marks on a regular basis!? At his best he was a lead and mark , with the occasional contested mark thrown in. No Stewart Loewe, Tony Lockett he was. It was a completely dumb and pathetic tactic with rewoildt the last 6-7 years, and the fact they still do it, concerning. Loewe and Lockett yes, get it in quick and fast and they will mark. Ever since, retarded . Lockett left 24 years ago

Bring back the Lockett era