Searle heads up southern saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Searle heads up southern saints

SaintPav wrote:Nothing against Peta Searle personally and good on her, but if people don’t think that her appointment was not opportunistic and politically correct nonsense, then they are deluding themselves. They are just ideological drones.

If feminism is a cancer, then male feminists are the virus!

Ain't that the truth.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
SaintPav wrote:Nothing against Peta Searle personally and good on her, but if people don’t think that her appointment was not opportunistic and politically correct nonsense, then they are deluding themselves. They are just ideological drones.

Again

Ain't that the truth.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Searle was an assistant to Gary Ayres (great coach) so she couldn't be too bad. She is talented, but whether she was the best choice at the time is very questionable. In reality, she is not a senior assistant or anything like that so its not a massive deal IMO. Hopefully the club didn't pick her just because she is a chick that knows her s*** regarding AFL. Maybe the club was wanting to be seen as progressive and revolutionary in this area...who knows.

On a side note, having females involved in different areas of the club is a good dynamic just as it is for any business. As a bloke, we all know they think different to us holy men! :lol:

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Great news for our AFLW team. Hopefully she can bring them plenty of success.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Drake Huggins
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote:Searle was an assistant to Gary Ayres (great coach) so she couldn't be too bad. She is talented, but whether she was the best choice at the time is very questionable. In reality, she is not a senior assistant or anything like that so its not a massive deal IMO. Hopefully the club didn't pick her just because she is a chick that knows her s*** regarding AFL. Maybe the club was wanting to be seen as progressive and revolutionary in this area...who knows.

On a side note, having females involved in different areas of the club is a good dynamic just as it is for any business. As a bloke, we all know they think different to us holy men! :lol:
Must note that Gary Ayres has not been in the AFL system for over a decade. Question marks as to relevance. Good VFL coach and that's about it. Had massive amount of talent at his disposal at AFL level and couldn't salute.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
Drake Huggins
Club Player

As always, SP, you've summed the argument up more elegantly and in far fewer words than I ever could. Remind me to keep you away from my clients!

"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Drake Huggins wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:Searle was an assistant to Gary Ayres (great coach) so she couldn't be too bad. She is talented, but whether she was the best choice at the time is very questionable. In reality, she is not a senior assistant or anything like that so its not a massive deal IMO. Hopefully the club didn't pick her just because she is a chick that knows her s*** regarding AFL. Maybe the club was wanting to be seen as progressive and revolutionary in this area...who knows.

Must note that Gary Ayres has not been in the AFL system for over a decade. Question marks as to relevance. Good VFL coach and that's about it. Had massive amount of talent at his disposal at AFL level and couldn't salute.
Yet in the most talent deprived period in the last 18 years at St.kilda we judge Peta Searle as useless in a minor development coach role .

Mind you in that period, Billings, Gresh, Dunstan, Membrey, Sinclair and Acres have come on and most notably, Riewoldt, Montagna, Dempster, Dal Santo and Goddard have moved on.

What was all this hoo haa about again.

Apparently it wasnt gender.

Drake Huggins
Club Player

We've gone from 9th to 11th in our six year rebuild. The prosecution rests, CQS.

"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"No, it isn't."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Drake Huggins wrote:We've gone from 9th to 11th in our six year rebuild. The prosecution rests, CQS.
I will.concede on this point Drakey. Hoping for an immediate turnaround now that we have sorted out the staffing issues. Any idea who the replacement is yet?

No doubt there are some outstanding candidates. Or maybe the position will be redundant now our political agenda has been secured.

Go the Southern Saints.