Hickey article

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Hickey article

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-18/sai ... orrid-year

Good to see he admitted to having an off year in 2017 for a number of reasons and wants to correct it in 2018. Seems he has bulked up a bit too.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
SuperDuper
Club Player

Re: Hickey article

The never ending debate set to continue, especially if hickey can consistently play at his best or even reach a new level

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

SuperDuper wrote:The never ending debate set to continue, especially if hickey can consistently play at his best or even reach a new level
If fit and firing, I reckon Hickey edges out Longer as he does more around the ground. Both decent players though and good to have a couple of expierenced rucks that will do well most weeks.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Good to have at least two decent ruckmen in the list. Need to find a way to give them both games through the season

DJ Higgins
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:Good to have at least two decent ruckmen in the list. Need to find a way to give them both games through the season
Agree. Longer is a better pure ruckman where as Hickey is much better around the ground so that enables us to have better match ups this year

Drake Huggins
Club Player

Don't forget Rowan Marshall. Not as physically as advanced as the other two, but has them covered in pure ability and versatility. If they are all fit and firing, it's a nice problem to have.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

We need a ruckman with good football ability around the ground.

There are ruckmen on opposing teams who, apart from rucking, also gain 200 metres plus for their team - that’s the type of ruckman we need.

I wouldn’t mind trying Acres in the ruck ... l know it’s unconventional, but we’ll get someone who’ll compete in the ruck (that’s all he’ll need to do) and then be good around the ground. We’ll end up with an another midfielder.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

samoht wrote:We need a ruckman with good football ability around the ground.

There are ruckmen on opposing teams who, apart from rucking, also gain 200 metres plus for their team - that’s the type of ruckman we need.

I wouldn’t mind trying Acres in the ruck ... l know it’s unconventional, but we’ll get someone who’ll compete in the ruck (that’s all he’ll need to do) and then be good around the ground. We’ll end up with an another midfielder.
I think Marshall will go past both Hickey and Longer in about 18 months from now.

Love is all you need
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:

I think Marshall will go past both Hickey and Longer in about 18 months from now.
Marshall needs to learn how to mark the ball. He fumbled every mark the other night in AFLX with no pressure.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
stonecold
SS Life Member

Zed wrote:

Wishful thinking, but if your correct, good luck to him!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Well Gilbert did it on occasion last season, but he'd probably have a height advantage on Blake. Worth a shot I guess