Long overdue overhaul of Saint's Recruiting Department

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Numpty

Long overdue overhaul of Saint's Recruiting Department

St Kilda must be great again folks! So David Duke (a very great friend of mine) has been appointed by executive order to the St Kilda Football Club to drain the swamp that has for too long, far too long, been our recruiting operations department. David will be making sure that we only let the right people into our great team, believe me! For too long, this has not been the case, but all that will change, and the swamp will be drained! And let me tell you, David's approach will be a simple, a no PC-crap, and a Russian-Mexican hacker-proof approach to assessing and vetting just who is the white fit for our great club, believe me! #makingthewhiterecuitmentchoicesgrateagain

USER HAS BEEN DELETED (BUT OLD POSTS RETAINED IN THE DATABASE IN ORDER TO RETAIN EVIDENCE OF RACISM / SPAMMING AND PRIOR WARNINGS) UNDER THE FOLLOWING RULE:

SPAMMING RULE

Do not spam the forum board with multiple posts designed to disrupt the harmony of the board. This may include repeating a point of view over and over, when such posts cause the forum to descend into abuse.

Such disruption may be eligible for an official Saintsational warning, or a ban of what is deemed a suitable length, or account deletion - as decided by the moderators and / or administrator.

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Re: Long overdue overhaul of Saint's Recruiting Department

More fake news!!

Now rack off!!

Saint supporter since '62
Drake Huggins
Club Player

Is this not trolling?

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

I actually find the post racist.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
David-Lee
Club Player

I’m always in line for a laugh. But I am not ok with even remotely joking about white power or assholes like David Duke who hate people based on race. The St Kilda Football club would spew reading this post.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

haha numpty - you got lost on your way to the general forum again?
not to worry - most do. :D

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

USER HAS BEEN DELETED (BUT OLD POSTS RETAINED IN THE DATABASE IN ORDER TO RETAIN EVIDENCE OF RACISM / SPAMMING AND PRIOR WARNINGS) UNDER THE FOLLOWING RULE:

SPAMMING RULE

Do not spam the forum board with multiple posts designed to disrupt the harmony of the board. This may include repeating a point of view over and over, when such posts cause the forum to descend into abuse.

Such disruption may be eligible for an official Saintsational warning, or a ban of what is deemed a suitable length, or account deletion - as decided by the moderators and / or administrator.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

desertsaint wrote:haha numpty - you got lost on your way to the general forum again?
We need to have the GF open to all site visitors, not just those who have signed up. If Big Girls' Blouse can do so, why can't we?

Simon? Help please.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
desertsaint wrote:haha numpty - you got lost on your way to the general forum again?
We need to have the GF open to all site visitors, not just those who have signed up. If Big Girls' Blouse can do so, why can't we?

Simon? Help please.
Some of those signed up also don't have access to the general forum mate.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:

Simon? Help please.
The answer is no.

The site was established for Saints fans to discuss Saints issues. The General Forum was only created because non Saints issues were discussed and cluttering the Fan Forum. The General Forum gave a home to such discussion. The same rationale resulted in the Opposition Forum etc.

In the past "poster disputes" from the General Forum (a sub forum) spilt into the Fan Forum (the main forum and core purpose of this community) to ruin threads and the enjoyment and participation of Fan Forum users.

The disputes in the General Forum tend to be more severe and adding non registered users will only encourage non-Saints fans, non-footy fans and general internet trolls to further inflame disputes and this will lead to unsustainable moderation and administration requirements.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

BackFromUSA wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:

Simon? Help please.
The answer is no.

The site was established for Saints fans to discuss Saints issues. The General Forum was only created because non Saints issues were discussed and cluttering the Fan Forum. The General Forum gave a home to such discussion. The same rationale resulted in the Opposition Forum etc.

In the past "poster disputes" from the General Forum (a sub forum) spilt into the Fan Forum (the main forum and core purpose of this community) to ruin threads and the enjoyment and participation of Fan Forum users.

The disputes in the General Forum tend to be more severe and adding non registered users will only encourage non-Saints fans, non-footy fans and general internet trolls to further inflame disputes and this will lead to unsustainable moderation and administration requirements.
Understood Simon. But I'd argue that's exactly why you'd want to let non-registered punters read GF and OP forum postings(?) As is the case on Big Cardigan.

Understood again. That's why I'm requesting the ability for the non-registered forum guests to read said forum, not though, to be able to actually post. For that, they'd still have to sign up.

And if (when) the theatrics heat up, well there remains your pragmatic approach of moving things to the animal house. And whilst I don't have any stats re numbers or percentages, I'd reckon that when it comes to things heating up, the main SS forum would easily hold its own with the GF. :wink:

Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:

Simon? Help please.
Some of those signed up also don't have access to the general forum mate.
But isn't that a voluntary thing, c/f universal(?)

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

And rethunk?

GF opened up for all punters to read? Being like that hasn't caused too many ripples over on Big Camry Drivers' Club. (Though to be fair re that comparison, a few of the mainstays of that place give the impression they'd be the sort, to take Mogadon as a stimulant. :roll: )

So Simon. How's about it? :)